KIC "off" time?

Does anyone have a time of the year where you lose interest in KIC and Coasters in general?

For me it's after Christmas and all the way through mid- March. I also am pretty disconnected during haunt due to Marching Band. But I usually check the site most every day of the year as opposed to having a tab dedicated to KIC during the summer.

• Like 1

I only come on around the time of a new coaster.

Despite what's gone down between the two of us throughout the summer, I hope you stay a little bit longer after Banshee's hype dies down. I actually like a lot of the non-Intamin posts you make, and I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on other topics. :)
  • Like 11

I only come on around the time of a new coaster.

Despite what's gone down between the two of us throughout the summer, I hope you stay a little bit longer after Banshee's hype does down. I actually like a lot of the non-Intamin posts you make, and I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on other topics. :)

And I like your Intamin posts on top of that.

• Like 5

Statistically, there are less people on KIC during weekends - especiallty when the park is open. The traffic on KIC directly coorelates with the news coming out of the park. So - for example - we managed to crash a cloud server the day of the announcement breiefly, but we don't see as much traffic on a Tuesday in January when the park isn't building an expansion.

• Like 10

I've been spending a lot more time than I should be on KIC lately. Usually I don't get on much during the summer and fall, but the whole Starting to Decode 2014 topic changed that. I like coming here in the off-season a lot more because it kills time until the park opens and usually there are a lot more "interesting" threads.

• Like 4

It depends on what's going on at the park and what else I'm busy with at the time. A couple years ago when there wasn't much going on in the offseason, I disappeared in the offseason, but the buzz of Banshee and the fact that I now get a notification on my phone every time someone likes or quotes one of my posts (thanks Tapatalk!) has kept me here more than usual :)

• Like 4

I confess I don't post much during "off" times when there isn't much park-related news taking place. For instance, I still come to the site to look at different threads, but if the park isn't expecting anything new and when there aren't rumors circulating, I will simply lurk without saying anything. For me, visiting message boards kinda mirrors my real life: I tend to be a shy person, and hang out in the background observing things...even at family gatherings. I'm still "there" as part of the "family", but I don't like to be the focus of attention and usually only say something if I want to make a point. If I do say something, most of the time I end up saying too much and then people either don't understand what I'm trying to say, which can cause arguments, or I end up boring people because I rattle on and on.....kinda like I'm doing now. :P

• Like 1

I confess I don't post much during "off" times when there isn't much park-related news taking place. For instance, I still come to the site to look at different threads, but if the park isn't expecting anything new and when there aren't rumors circulating, I will simply lurk without saying anything. For me, visiting message boards kinda mirrors my real life: I tend to be a shy person, and hang out in the background observing things...even at family gatherings. I'm still "there" as part of the "family", but I don't like to be the focus of attention and usually only say something if I want to make a point. If I do say something, most of the time I end up saying too much and then people either don't understand what I'm trying to say, which can cause arguments, or I end up boring people because I rattle on and on.....kinda like I'm doing now. :P

Lol! I do the same exact thing!!!

• Like 2