Is Kings Island Haunted?

Express44

I doubt that PKI is haunted because if it was, PKI's would use it as a marketing tool to attract guests excited by the para-normal.

Sincerely,

Italian Chef

:chef:

I think it's haunted by an Italian guy who is overly attracted to fat women. :D

Actually, I wouldn't doubt that it's haunted. It just one of those things... it goes from being so active during the day to being so dead at night. Plus, all sorts of horror movies take place in carnivals, so why not? :wacko:

• Like 2

Tell us about your experience Express44. As for me I never experience anything out of the ordinary.

Well, I was riding The Beast when it was completely dark, there was even some fog in the woods and it just had a kind of creepy feeling. When we went through the second tunnel, you couldn't even see your hand right in front of your face, but then I saw a whitish/clearish hand right in front of me that came from the left side where I was sitting. Even my friend saw it and it was downright creepy. The only explanation we could come up with was that it had to be Tower Johnny.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tower John (or Johnny) is the legit legend name.

Anyway, another overused topic! Do people not read the past posts? Wow... I think PKIC needs to hook up with Google to create a powerful searchable forum. Of course, I think you can already do searches on these forums... if so then newbies should use them and add to the topics already posted or something...

Oh yeah, THE PARK IS HAUNTED! I belive it very much... of course it could all be in my head. As of seeing photos of it... sounds like a cool photoshop project to me!

Here's the short version of what happened, there is a much longer version, but I've already posted it at another site and it takes a long time to type it all out.

I was walking out of the park on the 4th of july (the day all the storms came in). No one was around me, because the park was closed and since I was sent to WWC, and my parents wanted me home, I didn't have to help clean the ride area. I'm walking out past Wild Thornberries, and just as I'm walking by the elephant, it starts shooting off water. That only goes off when a boat goes by. I look at the ride, and the ride is shut down and no one is at the ride. I look all around Nick Central to see if anyone else saw it, and I was completely by myself. Then I take off like a rocket away from that ride.

Well said DragonLord, lol. If I ever see ghost pictures or pictures that are amazing at all, two words come to mind:

adobe and photoshop

Honestly I don't believe the park is haunted, mostly because I don't believe that anything is haunted. Obviously a boy was killed in a similar fashion on the Eiffel Tower, but haunting? Sounds like someone trying to have fun writing scary stories.

• 1 month later...

I beleive in ghost but in all seriousness I believe that ghost arent here to scare us or anything like that. As for the elephant thing it could have been many diffent things like a malfuction or maybe a bird flew past the sensor or maybe someone was playing a prank. The world may never know if ghost are real but I like to read ghost stories even though most of them are bs

• 2 weeks later...

I worked at PKI on the Tower in the early and mid 90's. As you can imagine, spending 10 hours a day all summer on the tower lent itself to experiencing some pretty wierd things. I have several stories which I could share. I was usually not alone and others can attest to many unexplained happenings while working during these years.

Although, I can't remember a time when Johnny would reveal himself in a way that guests would be aware of him, he certainly wanted the crew to know he was around. His favorite tricks were closing/opening the elevator doors. Sending elevators up/down on their own. Elevators stopping during transit, signal 2-9's(?). (Yes, this all happened!) Mostly just the ride performing operations that no one instructed it to and no explanation-even from maintenance.

This could have been electrical problems with the el's themselves...lightning would strike, system glitch, etc.

But the Tower Johnny explanation is sooo much sexier...!