Is Kings Island Haunted?

Express44

But there still is a certain energy that people will generate on a given day. And a house is a perfect place for that energy to gather, and once that energy starts to decay, then the house starts to fall apart. Or at least thats what I believe.

But there still is a certain energy that people will generate on a given day. And a house is a perfect place for that energy to gather, and once that energy starts to decay, then the house starts to fall apart. Or at least thats what I believe.

So, is that your theory about Geauga Lake?

--The Interpreter, running and hiding...

HAHA, it does make for a good theory of Geauga Lake!

But Like SOB_Tom stated and what I stated before...it is known in most renovation/construction circles that bulidings do indeed begin to die after a few short years of abandonment.

If I am not mistaken CoastersRZ is our resident architect, im sure he has heard this before?

-If not, Im truly shocked!

Guest TombraiderTy

I haven't been to the links about the house yet, but from a dream I had a few nights ago the house used to be the home of an old lady, and Kings Island bought all the land but her house area, and to hide it from view, they built the fort around it. The lady died not long after, but in her living room she had this weird dragon chair from when she tried to be unique, but gave up after getting the chair... it was really weird :lol:

EDIT: Just looked at the pictures and read the information, so all I can say is WOW! That's probably the most interesting story I've ever heard about the park. There wouldn't be much of a point to it, but if somebody found the owner of the house and interviewed him that'd be kinda cool.

Most Structure decay is due to climate. Most building materials expand and contract with the weather, that is why we put climate control systems (furnace and A/C) in buildings. Also proper maintenance such as paint or stain on the exterior of the structure is crucial. So if you are saying that if someone dies in a house, the house will die with them if no one occupies it, then you are correct. After all, I think it will be hard for a ghost to maintain a house.

Most Structure decay is due to climate. Most building materials expand and contract with the weather, that is why we put climate control systems (furnace and A/C) in buildings. Also proper maintenance such as paint or stain on the exterior of the structure is crucial. So if you are saying that if someone dies in a house, the house will die with them if no one occupies it, then you are correct. After all, I think it will be hard for a ghost to maintain a house.

Well, it isnt neccesary that a person dies in a house, its just when the house is no longer occupied as you stated!

Actually, the way I think of it is that if there is still an energy in the house, then the house will survive.

An example is look at all the haunted places. For some odd reason, they are still standing. Maybe not as well as when someone was living in the house, but a lot better than a regular house that is unoccupied.

Ty, dreams can be very insightful. Its your subconscience trying to talk to your conscience self. One way to determine what your dreams mean (and dont go buy a book, the symbols mean something different for everyone) is to start whats call a dream journal. The trick is to wake up, and if you have a dream, write down every detail that you can remember. If you cant remember, dont worry, but the more accurate you are, then the better clarity you can get. Then you can start to figure out what the symbols mean by two means: figuring it out on your own, or seeing what happens that day and keeping in mind your dream, match up the symbols. At first its hard, but it can actually help in the long run.

Anyone else loving the supernatural chat we are having? Its not often that I get to have such spirited chats about the supernatural without at least one person ripping on me.

^Agreed. I may not have much to contribute because unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) I haven't had a supernatural in the park, but I find all the stories, some more believable than others, to be enjoyable to read.

SOB TOM, I really enjoy hearing what you have to say on the topic because you seem to know a lot so keep the stories coming.

Guest TombraiderTy

This may sound a bit weird, but it was an idea of mine- what if the original owner of the house was a father or grandfather, and he loved the house he had built. He only sold the land because he knew his children or grandchildren would enjoy the park more than his house, but asked the park to keep it standing cause it had meant so much to him. Saying he had passed away, he had loved the houes so much that his spirit or a memory of him remains there, or his "ghost". Crazy idea, but I had some free time today at school and was thinking about it.

Oh yeah, SOB_TOM, I've tried to keep a dream journal (right after I had a different dream about Kings Island where they had some monster show in Festhaus and I was dressed as a bright purple bat flying around it after this zombie girl sang during Fear Fest) but I find it to hard to do cause I always wake up late and only have time to get ready.

Guest TombraiderTy

It was on May 13, 1983, a high school graduation night. Drunk man jumped from 50 foot platform and was ripped apart... sounds like something from a horror movie

Actually, no written account of the tower story I have ever read has ever actually mentioned the 50ft platform. The vibe I got was that he was in the starewell between the to and bottom observation towers (at the top).

I think the 50ft tower was closed for two basic reasons: first is staffing. It's been a problem with the park for years. You just need more people to run the tower to have an extra level open. The second is that people were known to throw objects (mainly pour drinks) off the tower, which is dangerous/disgusting/illegal. You can thank those people for the no food or drink rule in place today.

Guest TombraiderTy

They have the rule for no dropping objects at the top of the tower and I haven't noticed any problems before. I really wish they would reopen the 50 foot observation platform, who agrees?

Guest TombraiderTy

I think it will someday reopen, just look at the park's history and all the little things that have gone and came back, like... um.... well, some stuff lol

Like the Zodiac, the salt water circus, the dolphin show, the Lion Country Safari, Bavarian Beetle, The Bat, Enchanted Voyage, the Smurfs, Phantom Theater, the Scooby Doo Show, Scooby's Ghoster Coaster, King Cobra, the Ferris Wheel, Scrappy's Slide, Columbia Palace, Humble Pie, and on and on and on?

(I want a cookie for not mentioning the flying birdies...)

Guest TombraiderTy

Well, Skylab disappeared a season and returned the next, remember? And... well... the good themeing on Flight of Fear went away, but in 2006 is sorta reappeared, not as good though... and... well, I'll think of more.

Oh yeah, the volleyball courts appeared on the map for BB in 2004, disappeared in 2005 since the courts were never added, but they returned on the map in 2006.

Guest TombraiderTy

I know I'm not supposed to double-post, but oh well:

The deaths at the park, there are two I've read about which I'm wondering-

1.) Was any band member ever struck by lightning and killed in the parking lot?

2.) Did a worker fall to his death during the construction of FOF?

They have the rule for no dropping objects at the top of the tower and I haven't noticed any problems before.

Thats because the employees make sure no one takes them up in the elevators iwth them, you reached the 50ft platform by stairs, so it was easier to bring such things as drinks up there.

there is another involving a woman falling out of the shoe ride and hitting racer?

No, there is not, that is not true in any way.