Is Kings Island Haunted?

Express44

I really don't believe that PKI is haunted. I don't believe that ghosts are real because it has never been scientifically proven that there are such things of hauntings. For many of the ghost stories out there there is a very logical explanation. For example the eyes in the fountian myth it could simply be lights on buildings or the moon reflecting off of the water. It could also be some person with a very over active imagination because if you think something is real and see something that looks like what you think is real you might think that what you see is what you think.

Ghosts can never be scientifically proven because its outside the realm of science. Ghosts are supernatural and Science can not explain or prove anything about the supernatural. Just like the question is God real? or are there such thing as demons? or the devil? or angels? Science can not prove such things. Science is a methodology, a tool used to better explain the physical universe. In science there are laws, theories, and hypothesis, and so on and so on, but basically ghosts will never be scientifically proven due to the supernatural being outside the realm of science

I really don't believe that PKI is haunted. I don't believe that ghosts are real because it has never been scientifically proven that there are such things of hauntings. For many of the ghost stories out there there is a very logical explanation. For example the eyes in the fountian myth it could simply be lights on buildings or the moon reflecting off of the water. It could also be some person with a very over active imagination because if you think something is real and see something that looks like what you think is real you might think that what you see is what you think.

Ghosts can never be scientifically proven because its outside the realm of science. Ghosts are supernatural and Science can not explain or prove anything about the supernatural. Just like the question is God real? or are there such thing as demons? or the devil? or angels? Science can not prove such things. Science is a methodology, a tool used to better explain the physical universe. In science there are laws, theories, and hypothesis, and so on and so on, but basically ghosts will never be scientifically proven due to the supernatural being outside the realm of science

Exactly. It's not like we can trap a ghost in a box. :rolleyes:

This may be the longest running thread on KIC...Well, the longest running thread that still has some discussional value :)

Back on-topic: No, I don't believe that King's Island is haunted. Nor do I believe in ghosts. However, if when I die, I do become a ghost, then King's Island would definitely be my preferred hangout :D

Can someone please explain to me this ghost I captured on my camera while exiting the crypt last October?

po28.jpg

:ph34r: The Diamondback GHOST

I kept waiting for this to end up like one of those pictures where it gets you to look really close and concentrate on it and then the posessed girl from The Exorcist pops up and scares the bejesus out of you...

I've fallen for those quite a few times <_<

It's seriously NOT a photoshop.

Yeah and my dad invented cheese puffs :rolleyes:

Actually, Topgun is telling the truth it's not a photoshop. It's simply a camera using a slow shutter. The camera lens stays open longer to take in more light in a low light situation, the person in the frame simply stood in front of it and then walked away. Since they weren't present the entire time the photograph was being exposed, it gives that ghost effect.

Photoshop? No. Trick with the computer? No. Legitimate photograph? YES!

I'll take some cheese puffs please.

• 1 month later...

I was googling about Kings Island being haunted and I found this VERY interesting story on the theme park insider website.

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/news/response.cfm?ID=3108

From April Adams

Posted November 15, 2006 at 6:22 PM

I just felt compelled to reply to this post. I was getting goose bumps while I was reading it because I used to work at PKI on the White Water Canyon. It was 1996-1997, I was 16 at the time (I am 23 now). To this day, the most terrifying moment of my life was when I was working at WWC. I didn't realize this "haunting" was so well known. It's actually really nice to know that other people have had similar experiences and I was not just loosing my mind.

One night I was closing in tower 2 on the WWC. The protocol for closing this ride was when the last person got off the ride, the boats were ran through empty one time. This could take about 10 minutes or so.

So, I'm sitting in the tower, looking out the big front window when all of a sudden, I hear laughing. It sounded like children coming from right around my tower. I couldn't tell if it was male or female, but I called back to the control station to ask them if there were still people on the ride and they told me that the last people had already gotten off and the empty boats were cycling.

Now, if anyone has ever worked WWC, they would know that tower 2 is WAAAYYYY out in the woods, a pretty lengthy stroll from the rest of the park. You have to walk down a very poorly lit trail through the woods to get out there. There are no "trashmen" out there, no reason for ANYONE to be out there. It is literally the end of the road.

Back to the story... I hung up the phone and waited for the boats to finish so I could go back in. All of a sudden, little rocks started tapping up against my side window. I got on my loud speaker and told whoever it was to stop. I looked out the window and there was no one there... but the rocks kept coming. Then, they started hitting the window on the other side too at the same time. I'm feeling a bit bold (I'm the girl in the movie about to open the door the killer is hiding behind and your yelling "Don't open the door you idiot!!")... So I get up and walk out the door to look to see who is playing this "prank" on me....

There's no one there. But I look and I see the rocks coming directly from the ground up to the window with no one there to throw them. I was so scared. I ran back in and got on the phone with the control station and told my supervisor what had happened. She said when the boats were done she would send someone out to walk me in since I was so shaken up.

Just then, I hear this loud BANG coming from behind me, and I turned around just in time to see a large rock (about 10 inches in diameter)slam up against the side of the door and fall to the ground. I ran out the door and looked down the steps. The rock was too big for any person to throw from the bottom of the staircase, but there was no one there at all and definately not enough time for anyone to run back down the steps without me seeing them.

That was the climax of the evening. Imagine being in this tower alone out in the middle of the woods with no people anywhere near, very little lighting... and having something like this happen. Needless to say, I refused to close tower 2 ever again.

This is exactly what happened to me, told as accurately as I can remember it. The stories are true.

I was googling about Kings Island being haunted and I found this VERY interesting story on the theme park insider website.

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/news/response.cfm?ID=3108

From April Adams

Posted November 15, 2006 at 6:22 PM

I just felt compelled to reply to this post. I was getting goose bumps while I was reading it because I used to work at PKI on the White Water Canyon. It was 1996-1997, I was 16 at the time (I am 23 now). To this day, the most terrifying moment of my life was when I was working at WWC. I didn't realize this "haunting" was so well known. It's actually really nice to know that other people have had similar experiences and I was not just loosing my mind.

One night I was closing in tower 2 on the WWC. The protocol for closing this ride was when the last person got off the ride, the boats were ran through empty one time. This could take about 10 minutes or so.

So, I'm sitting in the tower, looking out the big front window when all of a sudden, I hear laughing. It sounded like children coming from right around my tower. I couldn't tell if it was male or female, but I called back to the control station to ask them if there were still people on the ride and they told me that the last people had already gotten off and the empty boats were cycling.

Now, if anyone has ever worked WWC, they would know that tower 2 is WAAAYYYY out in the woods, a pretty lengthy stroll from the rest of the park. You have to walk down a very poorly lit trail through the woods to get out there. There are no "trashmen" out there, no reason for ANYONE to be out there. It is literally the end of the road.

Back to the story... I hung up the phone and waited for the boats to finish so I could go back in. All of a sudden, little rocks started tapping up against my side window. I got on my loud speaker and told whoever it was to stop. I looked out the window and there was no one there... but the rocks kept coming. Then, they started hitting the window on the other side too at the same time. I'm feeling a bit bold (I'm the girl in the movie about to open the door the killer is hiding behind and your yelling "Don't open the door you idiot!!")... So I get up and walk out the door to look to see who is playing this "prank" on me....

There's no one there. But I look and I see the rocks coming directly from the ground up to the window with no one there to throw them. I was so scared. I ran back in and got on the phone with the control station and told my supervisor what had happened. She said when the boats were done she would send someone out to walk me in since I was so shaken up.

Just then, I hear this loud BANG coming from behind me, and I turned around just in time to see a large rock (about 10 inches in diameter)slam up against the side of the door and fall to the ground. I ran out the door and looked down the steps. The rock was too big for any person to throw from the bottom of the staircase, but there was no one there at all and definately not enough time for anyone to run back down the steps without me seeing them.

That was the climax of the evening. Imagine being in this tower alone out in the middle of the woods with no people anywhere near, very little lighting... and having something like this happen. Needless to say, I refused to close tower 2 ever again.

This is exactly what happened to me, told as accurately as I can remember it. The stories are true.

Tower 2 is a really creepy place. Now Diamondback goes right by it, but it's still in the middle of nowhere and I'd hate to close it.

This has to be the longest running post on KIC. I still refuse to believe in the existence of ghosts until I get some proof. Maybe a paranormal experience of my own?

Justin, objectively narrow-minded.

you need to be obtuse, not acute {math humor :P }

This has to be the longest running post on KIC. I still refuse to believe in the existence of ghosts until I get some proof. Maybe a paranormal experience of my own?

Interesting angle you took with that... (Hardy har har)

Interesting angle you took with that... (Hardy har har)

I should have had you cosine my post...

Lol, I just now saw your post to be honest with you.

All angular humor aside, Justin does not believe in ghosts. Although having spent the past 45 minutes reading through old posts in this thread, I have that feeling where you want to look over your shoulder but are scared to do so.