Is Kings Island Haunted?

Express44

I'd say you would have to catch on of them offguard like Justin did walking around the top. I think if it was only you and them they might telly you something or another about the strange happenings.

Of course. I can see nothing but bad things coming from an Eiffel Tower ride op discussing Tower Johnny with an elevator full of guests who may or may not be aware of the death.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After reading many pages, and drinking several beers, I've come to a few conclusions.

First, people, take my words into consideration. English courses are a good thing. Some posts I couldn't even read they were so bad and what really gets me is that some of those posts were posted by employees or former employees of PKI. Scary. But I'm not trying to offend anyone, please don't think I am.

So my thoughts on the subject. Well. I've had my own ghostly encounter. It isn't PKI related, in fact it happened when I was a little boy in the house that I am living in right now. I won't get too far into the details, I'll just tell you the short and skinny of it. I walked upstairs to my bedroom and when I opened the door and looked inside, I saw a little boy kneeling down by the window that faces out from the side of my house towards the neighbor's house. Freaked me out, needless to say, especially at that age. That was the only encounter I've had though, and to this day I still remember that little boy's face, staring back at me as I looked in from the doorway. Many years have passed and I haven't seen the little boy again, just, sometimes, a feeling as if I'm being watched from behind. I've come to except it.

So, weighing in on the PKI haunts. First of all, the most famous, Tower Johnny. Well the story seems to be just about true, a guy, eighteen or so in years, fell from the Eifel Tower and died. Whether he was dismembered by cables is debatable and of course, whether he haunts the tower, the fountain and the woods behind The Beast is also debatable. (Seeing as how this thread has gone on for some six years now.) It seems the only real thing about him, beside his tragic death, is his legend.

The little girl in the blue dress could also be credible. There was a lake on the property that King's Island was built on. She could have drowned and been buried in the graveyard in the northern section of the lot. This could explain her affinity for the waterworks section of the park, however, I do not have a theory on her games with the tram drivers at night.

The third or second tower of White Water Canyon. Could be haunted, could not be. Certainly sounds spooky enough for me to stay my white ass out of there.

I've read some other experiences some people have posted. One comes to mind of someone driving through a patch of mist, roughly six feet in height near the cemetery. I've seen manhole covers and storm drains emit mists like that very often. I have a manhole cover in my driveway and I've often seen it spew steam or mist late at night while sitting on my front porch. Nothing unusual, just atmospheric conditions. Also, seeing red lights back in the woods of The Beast and other rides. If you've been to the park at all, you surely would have noticed the many Gator, or golf cart vehicles that park staff use to get around, and the big red brake lights on the back. It wouldn't surprise me that one would be back there for whatever reason.

So, to conclude this lengthy post, my two cents. Ghosts or paranormal events, in my opinion and experience, could very much be real. Whether or not PKI is haunted, is beyond me, or anyone for that matter. The thing about PKI is, it's an amusement park. It's meant to inspire and exercise the imagination. With all that stimulation to what may be an already overactive imagination, it might not be all that uncommon for someone like that to see a ghostly figure or a mist that has a human form to it. I've been to PKI more times than I have fingers and toes, and I can say for one, I've never seen Tower Johnny or the girl in the blue dress or mysterious red lights. But it wouldn't surprise me if I had.

It seems like the truth is only really known to those who experience it first hand though. Only those who really know, well, really know! Everyone else are just taking shots in the dark.

Well, I hope everyone has a happy journey through this thing called life.

Junx

• Like 2

- It isn't PKI related, in fact it happened when I was a little boy in the house that I am living in right now.

- So, weighing in on the PKI haunts.

- Whether or not PKI is haunted, is beyond me, or anyone for that matter.

- The thing about PKI is, it's an amusement park.

- I've been to PKI more times than I have fingers and toes, and I can say for one, I've never seen Tower Johnny or the girl in the blue dress or mysterious red lights.

You do know Paramount doesn't own King's Island anymore, right? Sorry... Pet peeve...

Otherwise this is a great post. All the explanations are very plausible for all these "haunted" places.

Personally I don't believe any of these haunted rumors...

• Like 1

Yeah I know Paramount doesn't own the park any longer, just a habit to type PKI and sorry about the 'King's' thing, again, bad habit.

One thing that I forgot to mention in my post though, about the cables from the tower being buried behind The Beast. Pretty sure it would be an EPA violation to do something like that, not too sure though, just speculating. Plus, if the cables weren't damaged, just smeared with blood, they would have just cleaned them. Blood doesn't tend to "stain" metal, especially if it is cleaned off in a relatively short period of time. If they were damaged, there would be no point in keeping them and no point in burying them in the woods. It would take more man power and more money to do something like that, rather than just have them hauled away and recycled.

Just speculation though, so hold your fire if you disagree.

• 8 months later...

Wouldn't they just melt them down? Not to insult you but I don't think that's right. That seems just made up by someone to say "Ohh look thats a reason Beast's forest is haunted". Sorry but I don't really believe in ghosts.

I don't really believe in ghosts either. Man, I really wish I would have come to this website sooner. Many of the Threads are dead and have been for a long time.

• 7 months later...

Yes 16gwoods KI is indeed haunted and here's proof:

When you you stand at Delirium and look past the go-karts, or look at Google Earth, you'll swear there's a huge wooden coaster there.

But if you look at the KI park map in that area..... THERE'S NOTHING!!!!!

It's a GHOST!!!!

BOOO!

• Like 1

Thanks, a moment of silliness is always fun to share.... Maybe we can get KI to rename SOB the Ghoster Coaster!!

Seriously 16gwoods, I'm curious what your research has uncovered.

Welcome to KIC!!! It's a great site I discovered last year. There are members here with a great wealth of knowledge who give amazing insights to all things about Kings Island.

And there's also silly SOB's like me.

"Have a good time always" Spinal Tap's 5th Drummer (please feel free to correct obscure reference)

• 3 years later...

Well, I guess I should post it here.

In my time at Kings Island I have witnessed two "paranormal" experiences. Both, I really cannot explain, but I don't feel like I should post them here.

Somethings I see/hear just catches me off guard, so off guard that I turned around once to see erm I should quit there.

I didn't believe in ghosts, but with the incidents that I have seen, I am unsure.

Do add one more ghost to the list, one I think many would find astonishing.

• Like 1