Is Kings Island Haunted?

Express44

I really don't believe that PKI is haunted. I don't believe that ghosts are real because it has never been scientifically proven that there are such things of hauntings. For many of the ghost stories out there there is a very logical explanation. For example the eyes in the fountian myth it could simply be lights on buildings or the moon reflecting off of the water. It could also be some person with a very over active imagination because if you think something is real and see something that looks like what you think is real you might think that what you see is what you think.

I doubt that PKI is haunted because if it was, PKI's would use it as a marketing tool to attract guests excited by the para-normal.

Sincerely,

Italian Chef

:chef:

Chef I agree with you....Thats me and my Pal Scooby_Doo over at that other PKI site were attracted to that kinda stuff.

I doubt that PKI is haunted because if it was, PKI's would use it as a marketing tool to attract guests excited by the para-normal.

Sincerely,

Italian Chef

Chef I agree with you....Thats me and my Pal Scooby_Doo over at that other PKI site were attracted to that kinda stuff.

Acutally I bet if they did market it the would lose guest since more people are afraid of ghost than people who are not. Ghost and the after life is always going to be a mystery to man but if Kings Island is haunted it would be because people have unfished business.

In my mind PKI is haunted and every place we go is hanuted as we have the souls of our guardian angles look after us.

• Like 1

Sincerely,

Italian Chef

Acutally I bet if they did market it the would lose guest since more people are afraid of ghost than people who are not. Ghost and the after life is always going to be a mystery to man but if Kings Island is haunted it would be because people have unfished business.

In my mind PKI is haunted and every place we go is hanuted as we have the souls of our guardian angles look after us.

I agree!

• 4 weeks later...
Here's the short version of what happened, there is a much longer version, but I've already posted it at another site and it takes a long time to type it all out.

I was walking out of the park on the 4th of july (the day all the storms came in). No one was around me, because the park was closed and since I was sent to WWC, and my parents wanted me home, I didn't have to help clean the ride area. I'm walking out past Wild Thornberries, and just as I'm walking by the elephant, it starts shooting off water. That only goes off when a boat goes by. I look at the ride, and the ride is shut down and no one is at the ride. I look all around Nick Central to see if anyone else saw it, and I was completely by myself. Then I take off like a rocket away from that ride.

DUDE! I know what you mean! I have had spooky things happen to me in the park it always happens when your alone!

Sincerely,

Italian Chef

I agree with ya too!

• 4 weeks later...

OK...there were times when the elevator would stop just as it started it's transit. This usually meant that guests would have to unload by stepping up or down to either the platform or mother earth respectively. The Tower was frequently broke down during those years...

One bad scenario I remember was what we called a "vator to vator transfer". The problem was that one elevator's doors would absolutely not open to let folks out. To do this involved putting the els into manual operation and lining them up vertically. Then opening the small glass door that is opposite the exit doors on both elevators you would place a board (and some little metal telescoping rails) between the elevators to create a bridge from one to the other...luckily the space between the elevators amounts to about 1 foot and we had to do this basically at ground level.

We also had some fun when we were able to access areas at the top such as the crows nest, cat walks and the engine room. There are some great stories to tell.

At one point the controls were changed inside the els and many of these occurences started to tail off. Maybe Johnny had to learn the ropes.

Ok yes i do believe it is haunted as well, hell. 2 things in one night on Baffd on friday really really really freaked me out and with the exeption of The Beast crew that heard about the first insident no one takes me seriously. this is the first time i have told anyone exept my parents about what i saw cause i was seriously freaked. Ok first we got in line for beast at 11:58, 2 minutes before close and got on at 12:33 in the second tunnel i heard the normal scream of the tunnel then all of a sudden i see a white figure jump out in front of the train and i thought ok no biggie. then we hit the second lift and in the first tunnel i heard a girl say help me and then in the second tunnel a white hand reached for my face. We pulled into the station and i was freakin out but didnt say what happened i just gave sharon a hug and caught up with my friends. then My friends wanted to cut through Hb, and i hate HB so i went the other way towards the tower past tiques by the fruit smoothie thing. I was looking up at the tower in awe and wonder like i normally do and all of a sudden I see a body falling down the elavator shaft i screamed holy sh!t and ran towards the tower and as i was running i saw the body evaporate into thin air about 3/4 of the way down. It scared me so bad that my friends came back into the park looking for me and just saw me standing there in shock looking up at the elevator shaft. They said whats wrong i said nothing and they gave me a bullcrap look but they didnt say anything else. I will never ride beast past midnight again in my life and i definatly dont plan on looking at the tower anytime soon as i leave work

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't go to Kings Island but i belive the stories. The guy falling from the elevator from 1 member really creaped me out becasue what if i see that happening at Kings Dominion. 1 time it was 10:47 at night and i went for Grizzly no1 was in line when i got to the station. I rode anyways all alone in the back seat. when i got in the tunnels i heard the train sqeling and all like screams but when i got close to the end i heard a moan that sounded like a ghost and then i screamed back and the ride was over. i ran down the exit and will never ride Grizzly at night again. all of the was true :unsure:

• 1 month later...
I believe the one about the cheif...One time my family was still on fliying egles after the park closed and when we were leaving I saw a shadow in the resteraunt, it looked like a chef.

PKI still does have a chef, and he's not dead. A lot of employees go up there for different reasons. They store all sorts of things up there that the associates retreive from time to time. More than likely, that's what you saw.

Yeah no doubt it was the real PKI chef but sometimes latenight after the park has closed for the day PKIemployees Have certain jobs to due before they can go home but let me just say this walking in rivertown at 12:45am can get you to think the park is indeed spooksville.

I have been told by fellow employees when I worked at the park in 2002 that in the waterworks now Boomerang Bay they have seen a ghost of a little girl my good friend ashley told me she seen a ghostly figure of a little girl in the parking lot while going to her car at 1:00am one late summer night in 2002.

I have heard the stories of the girl who plays in Boomerang Bay as well.

I have also heard from a former employee that the Paramount Theatre is built on the location of the old farm house from the days before the park was built. Apparently weird stuff goes down there, but I've never noticed anything.