Is Kings Island Haunted?

Express44

The cementary at the north end of the park is it a pioneer cementary? I was driving on the road to the camp ground that comes out of the park, just when I turn into the camp ground there was a mist about 6 feet tall and I drove right thru it, just as I got thru it I relized it might have been a ghost . it was shaped almost like a human , it wasn't smoke from a camp fire because as soon as I hit it it was gone not shifting around the hood of the truck like smoke.

I know people say it's on the north end of the park, But does anybody know exactly where , like behind Top Gun etc. I've seen a marker on state Rt 52 that

tells of a pioneer family that was moving across America in the 1800's and there daughter passed away and was burried there not 4feet off the right side of the road , you can learn about the people in the cementary from the county court house what they died from if they was in the military or the cementary is a family

plot, it could be and interesting piece of history. next time i run into some mist up there I could say sorry Jeb didn't see you in the road.

Excellent detective work there oldiesmann.

just what I thought a old family farm cememtary, it's werid they have the day they died but not their bithdates on the stones. the ghost I hit was most likly walking home from the park that night .

Yep thats the cemetery. Today I drove down the employee entrance to get into PKI and I noticed an old barn and a baseball field, does PKI own the land that those sit on? Heres a link to some more pictures and some information about the cemetery on KI's land. KI CEMETERY

Yea, that barn you were talking about is acutally an old house that KI now uses as storage. Some say there are files in it, what securtiy picked up thru out the years, or even some old ride parts. That baseball field belongs to KI too. Its private property with signs everywhere (including on the house) that says no traspassing. I'm guessing if you are cought on it, Mason Cops will ask you to leave???

Kings Island is definitely creepy-cool at night. When we were kids, my cousin Matthew and I (that's us in a 1990 photo, me on the left) used to think how cool it would be to get locked in the park after hours (no security guards in our fantasy!). The walkway to White Water Canyon always, always reminds me of Camp Crystal Lake in "Friday the 13th".

As far as hauntings go, I do believe that the area around The Beast is haunted because of an incident Matthew and I shared in on July 5, 1996. Matthew and I rode The Beast after sunset, when the sun was just beneath the horizon. We sat in the very back of the train (our habit on every coaster) because of the great speed. Just as we were about to enter the second tunnel, I had an alarming sense of paranoia grip me. I had this overwhelming feeling that someone was right behind me even though, logicially, there couldn't be. I wanted to look back, but I wouldn't. I still don't know why. As the darkness of the tunnel engulfed the train, that odd feeling instantly went away. I can still hear the screaming passengers, which I concentrated on to shake any thoughts of my sudden fear.

Now, I didn't ever see anything "supernatural", or whatever, at Kings Island. But when we got off the ride, Matthew looked awful, his skin was as white as a human being could possibly get. I asked him if he was sick from the ride, but he just shook his head, "No." He was dead silent throughout the night and didn't call me for days afterwards. At a birthday party for a mutual cousin, about a month later, Matthew finally opened up to what was troubling him. He asked me if I felt like something was out of place while we were riding The Beast. I was surprised when he asked me because I did, I told him but didn't want to say anything because it might've freaked him out. His eyes got as big as saucers and for a moment, I thought he was going to scream or something. He goes, "Did you see it?" See what, I wondered? "No, what do you mean," I asked. It took Matthew a while to form the words and it was obvios that he felt very uncomfortable talking about whatever was on his mind, whatever "it" was. Finally, he goes: "When we were approaching the second tunnel, I looked to my right and saw a small, red light in the woods. It was going about the same speed as us, like it was trying to keep up. Then, it went out." Now, Matthew and I are as close as brothers and he has never lied to me. And even when he pulls my leg, he just can't help to keep a straight face and he immediately admits when he's joking. But the wide, Chesshire Cat smile that is the dead giveaway to one of his schemes never came in the nine years since. I didn't see what he claims to have seen, but I sure can tell you how I felt at that same time he saw whatever it is he apparently saw.

We never again talked with each other about that strange time, but we did go back to Kings Island together two more times afterwards. Both times, he steadfastly refused to go anywhere The Beast, not even towards The Vortex. He told a friend of his the story and that came back to bite him in the butt the last time we were there together. His friend came with us and several others to the park in 1998, but the guy kept heckling him about "seeing The Beast" and trying to pull Matthew in the ride's direction. That led to Matthew having a breakdown and leaving the park around 4:00 PM and never returning again.

As creepy as that one incident was, it never chased me away from the park. I only rode The Beast one time since. It was a chore to convince me to ride it, but thank my then-girlfriend, now wife for calming my nerves and riding with me in what would be the funnest Kings Island moment ever. I never screamed louder or harder in my life (and it was the good "fear" this time)! I probably won't ride The Beast again because I don't want to "top" the last time.

By the way, if you've ever noticed, the wood from that ride has a distinct smell to it. If I smell wood with the same scent, no matter where I am or what time of day it is, brings me back to the park. user posted image

user posted image

Guest TombraiderTy

Okay, scary story but I dug up a little bit of info on ghost. There are only 3 reasons why a ghost would haunt someone or something. Number 1 is because it has some possesion it wants, or needs. Number 2 is because it has some unfinished buisness, like if it died trying out for a play he may haunt the theater until they do the same play again and he tries out, revealing him self more then he ever has before, and then that ghost will stop haunting. The third and finale one descrbes Tower Johnny. It is if you die in a tragic way you may not realize you are dead. Johnny was drunk and that means he didn't realize he was killed. The reason someone saw him falling at 12:23 AM was because he also had to haunt number 2, not finished with something so he does it in spirit. I am sorry if this all sounds like gebberish, but I'll still continue. The girl who died as a pioneer may haunt where she is buried because she has unfinished work- she needs to get to new territory, like her family did. In my opinion this forum should just be shut down, for we are making a big deal out of spirits that have work. Oh. andone more thing. Spirits haunt where are they are killed, or die, not where they are buried. In my opinion a whole bunch of these ghost stories are misunderstandings. Thing falling from Eiffel Tower and driving your car through ghost are both real spirits.

No one here is trying to say why the ghosts are present. we are just stating our opions on rather or not KI is haunted and to also share our experiences. What you said make sense and could be why Tower Johnny and that little girl hangs around. Who knows. But i dont think they should shut this post down. It was been going forever and appreantly, a lot of people likes to talk on here and share their experience. Who said anything about them haunting where they are burried anyway??? Again, we are just sharing our opions and what may have happened (rather it be true or not, still fun to read biggrin.gif )

No one here is trying to say why the ghosts are present. we are just stating our opions on rather or not KI is haunted and to also share our experiences. What you said make sense and could be why Tower Johnny and that little girl hangs around. Who knows. But i dont think they should shut this post down. It was been going forever and appreantly, a lot of people likes to talk on here and share their experience. Who said anything about them haunting where they are burried anyway??? Again, we are just sharing our opions and what may have happened (rather it be true or not, still fun to read biggrin.gif )

jerry.gifjerry.gifjerry.gif

Yep thats the cemetery. Today I drove down the employee entrance to get into PKI and I noticed an old barn and a baseball field, does PKI own the land that those sit on? Heres a link to some more pictures and some information about the cemetery on KI's land. KI CEMETERY

Yea, that barn you were talking about is acutally an old house that KI now uses as storage. Some say there are files in it, what securtiy picked up thru out the years, or even some old ride parts. That baseball field belongs to KI too. Its private property with signs everywhere (including on the house) that says no traspassing. I'm guessing if you are cought on it, Mason Cops will ask you to leave???

I'll tell you whats in there, its the old parts to phantom theatre. They basically took all the theming out of phantom theatre and put it in there. It has everything, the characters, the "boiler" that shot hot air at you at the end of the ride, the cannon great garbonzo got shot out of, the opera singing lady, all are still there. Although some of the character's latex (or whatever it is) used to make their faces is passing its life expectancy, and does not hold on any longer, making it look real creepy like the face is melting away, exposing the robotics underneath. Anyway whats inside the schoolhouse is kinda like a phantom theatre museum of sorts.

^What proof do you have? Do you work at KI, and I'm going to give you two reasons to show that what you said was crap. 1)Old theming would be stored in a ware-house within the park because It could be re-used and to prevent theft. 2)If you were a KI employee and are telling the truth you wouldnt risk losing your job by revealing something like that.

Not trying to be a jerk, just questioning you.