Is Kings Island Haunted?

Express44

Just to let you all know unless you know this but on the train ride when the conductor says that Missouri Jane haunts Old fort Coney and chases the train at night is not correct. When PKI was around the tram drivers would be driving in the parking lot and see a girl in front of the tram on the road. So the driver stops and see's nothing in front, it just disappeared. So when PKI got rid of the trams they decided to say Missouri Jane Haunts Old Fort Coney, which she never did in what I read from former employees encounter with her.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

QUOTE (cardinals12 @ Sep 27 2004, 01:23 AM)

QUOTE (GigglingGreenGhost @ Sep 25 2004, 08:25 PM)

Someone did die in the fountain it was on the news it was black sunday or something like that.

OMG are you high or something? Maybe i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're illiterate and cant read the posts above yours. WOW. And what news are you speaking of? The news from 1990? Cuz thats when "black sunday" (which never included a death in the fountain) occured. You were probably about what...2 then? Yeah.... You have no idea.... once again these are the idiots i spoke of in my long ass post above. I'm just gonna stop trying with you people

For one thing read the whole :censored: thread stop posting stupid crap because you dont know :censored: I have worked at PKI for one season that was in 2002 and we talked about the few deaths in PKI...so stop thinking you know it all because you don't and read the thread. dry.gifmad.gif

dude you just back talked the vp of Kings Island out of anyone you should listen to hime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off topic, but a quick little story...

This topic is actually how I found this site... A little over 10 years ago I was looking up ghost stories for places in this area and this thread came up in my Google search. Being a huge fan of Kings Island, I found this topic a fun read and started clicking through other topics, I read the forums and browsed the site as a guest for several months as a guest before registering as a user. The new attraction that year was Boomerang Bay, I remember coming home from school and being really excited to check out all the photos from its grand opening. I was just in 7th grade then, hard to believe it's been 10 years since I found this website!

• Like 5

After reading all 26 pages of this 'scary' thread, I've deduced that this was a thread, much like the one about the wooden coaster of infamy, which drove away multiple posters from KIC.

But some of the more modern usernames popped up, and it was cool to see what people posted ten years ago. :P

You could say that this thread and its old users has haunted KIC for 11 years.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE (cardinals12 @ Sep 27 2004, 01:23 AM)

QUOTE (GigglingGreenGhost @ Sep 25 2004, 08:25 PM)

Someone did die in the fountain it was on the news it was black sunday or something like that.

OMG are you high or something? Maybe i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're illiterate and cant read the posts above yours. WOW. And what news are you speaking of? The news from 1990? Cuz thats when "black sunday" (which never included a death in the fountain) occured. You were probably about what...2 then? Yeah.... You have no idea.... once again these are the idiots i spoke of in my long ass post above. I'm just gonna stop trying with you people

For one thing read the whole :censored: thread stop posting stupid crap because you dont know :censored: I have worked at PKI for one season that was in 2002 and we talked about the few deaths in PKI...so stop thinking you know it all because you don't and read the thread. dry.gifmad.gif

dude you just back talked the vp of Kings Island out of anyone you should listen to hime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yea um.... Did not notice that

Sent from my iPhone using... You get the point

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, just my POV of things, but i think that MAYBE, KI really is haunted.....I'm not sure how many rides have been where Banshee is right now, but i know of one....Son of Beast. So many problems from what i have heard with that coaster (I for one never had the chance to ride it). Drop Tower hasnt been running either. Well our beloved Banshee, with the graveyard of past KI attractions, the name of Eve....maybe she is all over the place, yall can tell me of other occurrences just in 2014, but i will tell of only one. She is a B&M, maybe she is cursed (Hope not, because she seems great, and i want to ride her). BUT, Clermont Steel Fabricators, which you may know, is the track fabricator plant in Ohio for Bolliger and Mabillard caught fire. Not sure how much damage was caused, but was this the cause of Eve? Here is the article from the news http://www.wlwt.com/news/fire-crews-fought-blaze-at-clermont-steel-fabricators-monday-evening/25493442 .

(Just thought that it would be a fun posting, and fit the general thread, but please do add to it or take from it what you may :P )

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

There was an explosion near the edge of the King's Island property in the 1890s at the Peters Cartridge Company. I do not know if this is a contribution to the hauntings or not. But I firmly believe KI is CreepyTown, USA. When I worked there, I had so many paranormal experiences in broad daylight at that park before opening for the day. From being followed and hearing footsteps with nobody behind me, to being touched by nothing, to heavy doors swinging open, KI just creeps me out a lot. 

• 3 years later...

Not so much a ghost story as it is an oddity:

In 2011, during what was I believe the last Saturday of the season in October, I experienced something strange. I carried around my small digital camera to take pictures and always kept it in my pocket. While riding Firehawk I saw something fall from the train and hit one of the concrete footers, instantly getting smashed to bits; for the brief second I saw it before it got smashed, it looked like my camera. After reaching into my pockets when we got back to the station and I found my camera still in my pocket, safe and sound. While exiting the ride, I shouted “did anyone have something fall out of their pocket during the ride?” People began fumbling around in their pockets to be sure they hadn’t lost anything but no one claimed to have dropped anything. 

Like I said, ghost story? No. But it was odd because I could’ve sworn I felt my camera slip out of my sweatpants pocket before seeing whatever I saw smash into the concrete footer.

4 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Not so much a ghost story as it is an oddity:

In 2011, during what was I believe the last Saturday of the season in October, I experienced something strange. I carried around my small digital camera to take pictures and always kept it in my pocket. While riding Firehawk I saw something fall from the train and hit one of the concrete footers, instantly getting smashed to bits; for the brief second I saw it before it got smashed, it looked like my camera. After reaching into my pockets when we got back to the station and I found my camera still in my pocket, safe and sound. While exiting the ride, I shouted “did anyone have something fall out of their pocket during the ride?” People began fumbling around in their pockets to be sure they hadn’t lost anything but no one claimed to have dropped anything. 

Like I said, ghost story? No. But it was odd because I could’ve sworn I felt my camera slip out of my sweatpants pocket before seeing whatever I saw smash into the concrete footer.

That was me. I also pushed your car key through the ring so that it would be nearly impossible to get loose when you left the park. Sorry, not sorry.

• Like 1

Since we’re doing ghost stories…

Earlier this season, I was doing an overnight shift and happened to be working up in International Restaurant at about 4am. Already spooky. I was also wearing a radio to communicate with the rest of the team. At one point I got this super creepy feeling that I was being watched, and I knew I was the only one in that room. Just as I start to leave the room, my radio starts going nuts, making all sorts of static and crazy noises. I couldn’t get it to stop. Changing frequencies and even volume did nothing, it was just going off at full blast. Only thing that made it stop was turning it off. I haven’t had a radio do that before or since then.
I’ve had some other spooky experiences at the park as well, such as hearing footsteps directly behind me in Kings Island Theatre and turning around expecting it to be a coworker, only to see nobody there. I was the only one in the theatre at the time.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Snowball said:

Since we’re doing ghost stories…

Earlier this season, I was doing an overnight shift and happened to be working up in International Restaurant at about 4am. Already spooky. I was also wearing a radio to communicate with the rest of the team. At one point I got this super creepy feeling that I was being watched, and I knew I was the only one in that room. Just as I start to leave the room, my radio starts going nuts, making all sorts of static and crazy noises. I couldn’t get it to stop. Changing frequencies and even volume did nothing, it was just going off at full blast. Only thing that made it stop was turning it off. I haven’t had a radio do that before or since then.
I’ve had some other spooky experiences at the park as well, such as hearing footsteps directly behind me in Kings Island Theatre and turning around expecting it to be a coworker, only to see nobody there. I was the only one in the theatre at the time.

Or so you thought...someone always lurking in the Shadow LOL

• Like 1