Is Kings Island Haunted?

Express44

When you're walking down the waiting line for WWC you pass a small pond and some wooden thing going over it. What's the wooden thing and is this where the girl supposedly died? Also, if Tower Johnny was ripped apart then did blood fly down the windows of the elevator (my friend's wondering that, not me)? Finally, when did the guy dive in the fountain and what's the story? Also, who ever put down the deaths at Ki, there was another one. A worker on the Wild Animal Safari was killed by a lion, and the lion was tearing his body apart when (according to drewbari on extremepki) another worker shot and killed the lion. Plus, if someone died on Monster while it was still at Coney Island... any got answers? Thanks, and see you soon because right now I'm across the street from Disneyland and the Matterhorn's calling my name! biggrin.giflaugh.gif

EDIT: What happened to the cemetary? WHen I was riding TG before I could see it to my eft but last time I rode it a construction site for the Great Wolf was in its place. Also, how many cemetaries are there including the one that was near Top Gun?

Lots of quesion, lol.

I really dont know about the WWC questions, sorry. As for Tower Johnny, they say blood was everywhere and that KI replaced all the vators. I believe that guy who died in the fountain happen on PKI's Black Sunday when 2 other deaths occurred. They say it was a security officer and he was rescuing someone. I have heard and been told about the Wild Animal Safari death and all the stories seem to match each other on that one. As for Monster, I never heard about any one being killed by it. That Cemetary is still there. Its on Kings Island Drive right next to the drop off area. Its small and u wont see it unless you are looking for it. Hope this helps biggrin.gif

Let's clear things up:

Black Sunday: Two people died in the pond in Oktoberfest. It was a freak accident involving a short in a water recirculator. A man's hat blew off, he went in to retrieve it, and was shocked, his friend and a security guard both went in after him and were shocked as well. Ironically, the man who initially entered the pond survived, but his friend and the security guard died. Not long after that, an intoxicated laty fell from the Flight Commander, an Intamin flat ride that was located where Eurobungee is now.

Lion Safari: Happened in the late 70s (1977, I think) a worker was mauled by a lion. That's about all of the information that I've heard about that.

Tower Johnny: Feel down the elevator shaft after entering a restricted area. It did, in fact, cover the vaders in blood, but as opposed to what was stated above, they were not replaced until the 2004 season.

Tower Johnny:  Feel down the elevator shaft after entering a restricted area.  It did, in fact, cover the vaders in blood, but as opposed to what was stated above, they were not replaced until the 2004 season.

And you know they were not replaced before then how...?

Actually, from what I understand, the elevators that were installed at the beginning of the 04 season did replace the original elevators. I think he's right.

No, no one was ever killed by the Monster at PKI. There were three deaths in the park on black Sunday, as previously discussed. Two people were electrocuted in the Oktoberfest pond due to an improperly wired aerator pump (it was installed prior to updated electric codes that required GFCI recepticles near water.) The other death was on Flight Commander.

That "pond" for White Water Canyon is actually a man made pond, and acts as the resevoir for the WWC water. I believe that when they built WWC, they built it in or next to a creek. (They drain the pond every winter once WWC closes). That shack is the location of some valve or pump either related to the ride, or the resevoir.

BTW, FoF/Z 4-ever, last night was the season finale of Ghost Hunters. Didn`t they just start showing new episodes about a month and a half ago?

BTW, FoF/Z 4-ever, last night was the season finale of Ghost Hunters.  Didn`t they just start showing new episodes about a month and a half ago?

Yea, it was such a short season sad.gif They had a lot of great shows though. However, they have a special episode never before seen on Oct 31, 2005. So make sure to tune in on same channel, same time biggrin.gif

Guest TombraiderTy

Okay, that clears some things up, but I have more questions. 1st off, someone must have dove down into the Grand Fountain, but that can't be all the story. What happened before that? When was that? And also, back earlier this season on Top Gun I saw the cemetary. The graves were quite far apart and there were also some picnic benches along the road for cars going throuhgh it. When I rode about 2 or 3 months ago I saw bulldozers, cranes, and lots and lots of dirt. Unless I was dreaming of seeing the cemetary (which I'm fully sure I wasn't) then the cemetary is buried beneath dirt or has been moved.

The cemetery is still there and can not be seen from Top Gun unless you can tourn your neck comepletely behind you, the thing to your left used to be the old campground, the cemetery is located by the North Parking entrance by Kings Mills road and can not be seen from Top Gun. No one ever died in the royal fountain, it was the oktoberfest pond where Lt. Dans porch is now. Hope that clears some things up.

The cemetary is really really small and you can not drive thru it as you say.  you have to find a parking spot and walk in it.  It is surrounded in by a wooden fence.

Its in the north lot but you can be arrested for trespassing by park police if you aren't related to anyone in there (they really will come after you if you have no business there). Last year during beastbuzz, the scavenger hunt talked about a cemetary (it ment the one at beastie), but several people got confused and found themselves looking at security at that cemetary. Luckily they had the scavenger hunt sheet and they got off with a warning since it was an accident. The cemetary is from when KI was the powder mill and the area was farmland.

Guest TombraiderTy

There is the real cemetary, a fake one near The Beastie, a fake one on SDATHC, a fake one on the train ride, and if your not counting Fear Fest ones that's all of them. Also, it probaly was the campground I saw, but I could swear there were tombstones.

• 3 months later...
Guest TombraiderTy

Okay, I saw the cemetarty biggrin.gif

It's indeed falling apar, needs to be fixed. Also, the girl in blue dress stopping trams... never heard of that, sounds interesting. Also, when did the dude jump into the fountains! By fountains, I mean the Royal Fountains, not thwe small pond near Viking Fury!

It's indeed falling apar, needs to be fixed. Also, the girl in blue dress stopping trams... never heard of that, sounds interesting. Also, when did the dude jump into the fountains! By fountains, I mean the Royal Fountains, not thwe small pond near Viking Fury!

He didn't make it to the fountain , there a good 100 feet away.

he fell into the counter weight pit under the tower, my wife was there the night it happen. 22 pages this thread will never die.

He didn't make it to the fountain , there a good 100 feet away.

he fell into the counter weight pit under the tower, my wife was there the night it happen. 22 pages this thread will never die.

He's talking about a different story. Apparently a guy was drunk and dove into the Royal Fountain and died. I've never heard any official record of this, so I'm willing to write it off as not being true.

He couldn't have died, only five people have died at the park. Of what I heard he just jumped in, but when was this?

The legend I was talking about before apparently happened in the early 80s. As far as people just "jumping in", I've heard they catch people doing it every year and have them arrested.