Is Kings Island Haunted?

Express44

after working at the park for 4 seasons i can say some wierd crap happened there.

communications received phantom calls from the Drum of FOF while the ride was in motion. the phone is located in a lock off area.

during a shut down at FOF we had a phone ring non stop for 45 minutes. the sound was coming from under the loading gates in yet another lock off area.

The FOF does seem to be a hotspot for reports, according to what I've dug up. When you say phantom calls, do you mean there was actually a voice at the other end? If so, that would be pretty bone-chilling.

This past year in October, during fall clean up. We would look at the bathrooms on Friday to finish up anything, well we made our rounds and came up to the picnic grove. As we were pulling in to the restrooms building I was looking at the front and saw a women about 5' 10" tall going into the womens side, she look like a real person. So I didn't really think anything of it, we stopped in front and got out and grabbed our pan/brooms. Me and manager Jim go into the Mens side, and Alex went into the womens. So we get mens side looking good, and went to the other side and see how alex was doing.

And I asked him was there a women in here when he came in, he said no there wasn't. I was like oka, how and what was she then. I was almost in shock, this women was dressed in bright white cloths, I only got a fast look at her. Im still puzzled today, both Jim and Alex said they didn't see this women. This was about 3 o'clock in the after noon.

after working at the park for 4 seasons i can say some wierd crap happened there.

communications received phantom calls from the Drum of FOF while the ride was in motion. the phone is located in a lock off area.

during a shut down at FOF we had a phone ring non stop for 45 minutes. the sound was coming from under the loading gates in yet another lock off area.

The FOF does seem to be a hotspot for reports, according to what I've dug up. When you say phantom calls, do you mean there was actually a voice at the other end? If so, that would be pretty bone-chilling.

talking with the girl at communications she stated she could hear the ride in the background and what she thought was a person talking into the phone. i am not sure why certain things happen at FOF but it was one of my favorite rides to work on. I also worked at WWC and heard the story of Woody, yet the story I heard is he appears on the steps across from tower 2, I was told these steps came from The Bat lift hill. not sure how true that is

One thing that has happened to me before(also the reason why I will never go up to The Beast station at night again without someone with me). First off, The Beast station is one of the creepiest places in the entire park when there are no lights on up there. The TV in front of the drive box can't be turned off so the tv emits an eerie light which just adds to it. I was walking out of the closet and heading towards the back of the station and I heard a really loud banging sound down at side track where the trains are parked at night. Normally this wouldn't bother me because it could've been maintenance working on the trains. But there were no lights on down at side track and no maintenance trucks at side track. Meaning no one was down there. But the loud bangs happened a couple of times. While I was walking towards the emergency exit it happened a couple more times. I know it wasn't anybody playing a prank because it isn't easy to get to side track unless you come through the station which I would've seen. So who knows, I wouldn't doubt it if that KI is haunted.

I spent a lot of time at the park, heard a lot of ghost stories, and passed a few along for fun. My favorites are the Johnny stories. But in the end they are just that...stories. Most live in the land of urban legends, like pop rock and exploding stomachs, and children being snatched from KI, none of which happened.

One thing my manager was telling me this past September was, even on a hot day in the area of WWC. Down the enter/exit path, when the path dips into the valley its always cool. Again even on the hottest day this area is always cool. I just find that a little weird.

One thing my manager was telling me this past September was, even on a hot day in the area of WWC. Down the enter/exit path, when the path dips into the valley its always cool. Again even on the hottest day this area is always cool. I just find that a little weird. One thing you don't want to do, is go down that path by yourself at night. Its one of the most creepiest things around.

Ok I have not read all of the posts but am going to answer this based on personal experience.

YES Kings Island IS HAUNTED. There was a boy named Johnny that fell from the Tower in the front of the Park. I often drive by that and see him looking out across the highway watching cars go by. Yes believe it or not I have seen this kid - no there is no one at the park at the times I see him and no one in the tower as I do know people that working with the folks that run it so trust me this is a very true thing. There is also a few other ghosts that wonder the place. I am far from the only person to see and feel these spirits.

The woman who fell out of Flight Commander is felt or seen in and around the area she fell. There is a young girl that hangs around one of the various lakes at the park and a few other people that have decided Kings Island was a great place to hang out after death. Are any of them dangerous or scary - NO and no one will ever find any danger from them. THey are merely curious about you as you wander by them at night - nothing more.

There is an extremely haunted location not far from Kings Island that I do not advise anyone to check out as I have some very bad experiences from that place. The Peter's Cartridge Factory j ust down the road and around the corner - word to the wise do not go there at night as you will live to regret it has I have and continue to. During the day it is harmless but at night - especially after midnight it has been known to take on a life of it's own.

Not that this has a whole lot to do with the topic, but When I die If I had to haunt somewhere it would be Kings Island, I mean really; spend all eternity at the park,see all the new attractions for years to come! Karen, could you tell us more about The Peter's Cartridge Factory.! :)

The Peters Cartidge Company is very important in the history of the Kings Mills area. It is located about a mile down the road from Kings High School. Click the link below to see photos and read more of its very interesting history. PLEASE do not try to enter the factory. Not only is it apparently haunted, but it's certainly dangerous, not to mention that there's a pretty good chance that you'll end up in jail.

Peter's Cartridge Factory at ForgottenOH.com

I must reiterate Karen and Ryan's comments. PLEASE do not go exploring the Peters Cartridge company. Not only is it dangerous to explore a place that is falling into the river already, but It also is against the law. On an extremely sad note, I do not know for sure that Peters Cartridge is haunted but of the 5 people that I was aquainted with through a neighbor, 4 went in one night to explore...two nights later two of the group members died in a car wreck, about a week after the exploration another member passed away from heart failure...the fourth person broke his left arm and leg, when he fell out of a tree a short time after as well.

Concrete evidence that it is haunted? I can not say for sure...after all the other two people I know who stayed just around the premises but did not enter, are fine and dandy...the one was my next door neighbor until this year.

Whether you believe in pure coincidence or hauntings (I prefer the first) dont enter the building, it isnt worth it in any case!

Just remember this: Ghosts can not hurt you in the physical sense. Yes, they can frighten the hell out of you, but they cannot cause physical harm.

I was working on TRTR one day and we had a girl who was working unload call the station threatening to leave if we didnt get her off of the ride. When asked why, she said she saw a ghost over there, and if there wasnt a replacement at the exit by the time the ride stop, she was leaving. Needless to say, she left.

Later that same day, I was working that same posistion, and was watching the ride go around, and saw a man in his mid-twenties standing over by the exit, watching the ride, out of the corner of my eye. By the time I realized it, he was gone. I searched that entire exit platform, never found him.

Also, my boss in tech services was working on Phantom Theatre on Maestro during the offseason, when there are no seasonals. He heard a noise in the ride area, turned his head towards it, and when he looked back at Maestro, his head had turned. There was no power and no air pressure on the ride. It was mid Jan. so no left over air would be in the system. Needless to say, he went to work on something else.

Down in Tech Services, if you walked into Scooby or Phantom Theatre (depending on when you worked there) and didnt greet all the characters, the ride would break. Personal experiences on that one.

Ive heard stories of ride ops feeling like something was watching them from the woods on the hill by Gun.

I know a few more, if you want to hear them, then just tell me.

The Peters Cartidge Company is on the Loveland bike trail, so every trip up the north trail its hard not to see it. I heard some were that during the civil war, stuff was made there don't remember what. Yeah the place is falling apart, is someone trying to fix it up because every time I go by there, theres always some kind of work force there doing something. I see metal sheets being attached over the windows. I have been in and around tower 2 at WWC, I didn't feel anything like any other day but it was neat.