Is Kings Island Haunted?

Express44

I have to agree with COld shot.. it's possible someone drowned in the lake before Kings Island ever existed. But i don't know about the hauntings.. true everyone loves a good ghost story. over the past few days I've been investigating the Tower Johnny story it's pretty interesting. so far if i had to believe any of the stories about the hauntings I'd believe the Tower Johnny one and possibly the little girl from the cemetary but i'm a see it to believe it kinda person. I think it would be sweet to work at KI, too bad i never lived closer when i was younger would have been great.

about the cables being behind The Beast.. it's possible.. but not likely .. someone mentioned that it would be "Gross" for KI to keep those cables.. maybe so but cost wise.. why get rid of them. clean em off and keep using them is more cost efficent. havign never worked at KI or knwo teh inner workings.. it's possbile this so called shed behind The Beast is just for junk.. in that case the cables could be there.. but it's alot more likely that they are cables from the coasters instead.

about the cables being behind The Beast.. it's possible.. but not likely ..

They are back there, heres a Picture from EPKI. They used to be coiled up on the side of the road, but last I saw someone pulled them across the service road. The use to have all the old controls for old rides/ rides that got new controls like Kidpike etc., but they have got rid of them.

I just found something relly cool ? I went to my local library and i checked out a book titled Ghosts Among Us By Leslie Rule . chapter 3 in her book is Haunted Amusement parks on page 37 she has a short little story called peek a boo . It is about PKI and the little girl in the blue dress and hauntings of The Beast & the Octous ( monster )

• 2 weeks later...

smile.gif i have been to kings island lots of times. most i would say about 100 times. but i have heard about the stuff about kings island. like tower jhonny, little girl, and woody

myself i think the stuff is really weird. i am really in to the story about tower jhonny. i think it is all cool. i have also heard about the storys about the beast and i have books called the beast 1,and2 and they are about these kids who ride the beast and get looked in Kings Island twice and the decide to ride beast and see the ghosts and become friends with the ghost. wird book to me. blink.gif so got to go chat later

see yhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa all. wink.gif

smile.gif i have been to kings island lots of times. most i would say about 100 times. but i have heard about the stuff about kings island. like tower jhonny, little girl, and woody

myself i think the stuff is really weird. i am really in to the story about tower jhonny. i think it is all cool. i have also heard about the storys about the beast and i have books called the beast 1,and2 and they are about these kids who ride the beast and get looked in Kings Island twice and the decide to ride beast and see the ghosts and become friends with the ghost. wird book to me. blink.gif so got to go chat later

see yhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa all. wink.gif

Those books are written by R.L. Stine who also wrote the popular "Goosebumps" novels. Those books have nothing to do with the supposided hauntings of Kings Island. They are just fiction tales (that are pretty cool) written by the author in which The Beast is portrayed as a time machine that takes these kids back to a vaudeville era park that once stood where Kings Island stands now (which we all know that there wasnt any park before Kings Island). The stories are pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Im not sure of the actual amount of deaths but if you read the timeline on this site it tells you about some of them. One person ("tower johnny") was killed when he jumped onto an elevator on the eifel tower while he was drunk, he was in a restricted area. Two people were electructed in one of the ponds trying to save some drunk guy who fell in and later that night a drunk woman was thrown from flight commander after she failed to strap herself in right. No one has ever died at Kings Island because of a ride malfunction but instead have died due to natural causes, diseases like heart conditions, or their own drunkedness. Last year one woman was found dead when her train returned to the station on Top Gun, she had, had a heart attack while riding.

Here is a link to the timeline i spoke about: http://www.pkicentral.com/parkinfo/history/timeline.php

Here's what is sad:

If you look at the list on that page, You'll notice that these rides were original:

Bavarian Beetle, Canoe Ride, Der Spinning Keggers, Enchanted Voyage, Flying Dutchman, Flying Eagles, Giant Slide, Haley’s Comet, Kings Mill Log Flume, Monster, The Rotor, Scrambler, Sky Ride, Tumble Bug and Wheel of Fortune.

3 plus Racer / recaR still exist at the park sad.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Im not sure of the actual amount of deaths but if you read the timeline on this site it tells you about some of them. One person ("tower johnny") was killed when he jumped onto an elevator on the eifel tower while he was drunk, he was in a restricted area. Two people were electructed in one of the ponds trying to save some drunk guy who fell in and later that night a drunk woman was thrown from flight commander after she failed to strap herself in right. No one has ever died at Kings Island because of a ride malfunction but instead have died due to natural causes, diseases like heart conditions, or their own drunkedness. Last year one woman was found dead when her train returned to the station on Top Gun, she had, had a heart attack while riding.

Here is a link to the timeline i spoke about: http://www.pkicentral.com/parkinfo/history/timeline.php

Okay, on black sunday only 3 people died total. One guy was pushed into the pond by Festhaus. He died from electrocution, then a security officer died when he went in to help him. Then the drunk woman on Flight Commander

I work in security, this is my second season. Last year during fear fest I had to walk through HB right at closing. It had already been "soft closed" with ropes and bike racks, but to make sure nobody was in there I had to walk through. Nothing was on, very little light. Definitely the most creeped out I have ever been. Then I forgot that I had my radio turned all the way up, and when someone said something on the radio after it had been silent for a while I jumped 2 feet in the air and ran out. Just too creepy for me.

And the park is haunted.

I guess I should have worded that differently. Not because my radio went off is the park haunted. That was just creepy. I am not saying that I have seen any physical proof that the park is haunted. But, I have heard enough stories of people who work midnites for security that something likes to roam around on the back access roads behind the train and boomerang bay. That would be why I think the park is haunted. Sorry for the confusion.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay you guys wanna see a ghost in PKI? heres what you do..Stand in the parking lot really late at night like 12:30am or 1am near the graveyard end of the lot hauntings also happen inside BB at least thats what I have been told thats where all the hauntings happen also I hear from co-workers all the time as they are closing up HBL/NC odd things happen.