Future of Invertigo

KevKenny

I think if this ride decreases in ridership, I think they might do a mass removal of Invertigo, Congo Falls, Timber Wolf, and sadly Flight Deck.

But I can definitely see a very nice ride streching across that area in the front of the park.

I like to call it "the roller coaster for people who hate straight lines".

But the majority of it is a straight line.

^^^ Invertigo and Flight Deck, in my opinion, will both still be here for a long while. Invertigo's line is always long and looks great in the front of the park. Sure, Flight Deck is never much of a line, but it does have a steady flow of people getting on it. Also, I believe ridership will increase in the coming years for all AZ rides thanks to Banshee. However, I could still see Congo Falls and Timberwolf removed sooner than the other two, but still not for a while.

• Like 2

Invertigo will stay for a while longer. One, it's the ride that grabs attention to guest while they enter the park. Two, it is a limited ride, with about 5 other Invertigos around. Three, it is still a popular ride and Banshee may provide it with more ridership like it will with Flight Deck.

ΔΔΔ The Racer is an ACE classic, and the revival coaster of the amusement industry. It also runs side-by-side for most of the ride, not a lot of land to get.

ΔΔΔΔ Since when would Invertigo effect these rides? Timberwolf draws HUGE crowds for Spirit Song, Congo does well, especially on hot days, and Flight Deck is farther back and can still pull 30 minute waits on certain days. Banshee will only increase ridership to the rides. No big coaster will be in the works for Action Zone after Banshee, but X-Base...

EDIT: got beat by two.

BeastFoverver, I love your Banshee "ride count"

Just saw that. I'm about at 15 POVs during the day and 10 at night.

As far as Invertigo goes, i'm not a huge fan myself. Its not that its a bad ride, but I think its played out. Boomerangs are definitely fun to ride, but after a while it gets kind of boring.

I would love to see something like Green Lantern go in, but I don't think Invertigo should leave. I'd be cool with it staying for the fact that I love the way it looks.

That will not be happening.

IMO the one ride they could remove that would really open up the park for new develop is The Racer.

Never in a million years...

IMO the one ride they could remove that would really open up the park for new develop is The Racer.

This should be a one month KICentral ban from posting. Your grounded for one month! ;)

Im not saying it should be removed geeze. When they do remove it for what ever reason, old age. It will really open up the park. Look at in the google earth view. I for one am 100% against removing any ride, its already there let people ride it. Let me say again I love The Racer, I do not want it gone.

• Like 2

I agree with location being a big draw for Invertigo. My fiance and I brought my 6 year old nephew to the park Saturday evening. The first thing he noticed was Invertigo. Now, there was no way he was going to get on that thing, but he was intrigued by it. He called it the "roller coaster that goes upside down." All evening, no matter where we were in the park, he kept asking where the roller coaster that goes upside down was.

It's one of the first rides you see as you're walking up to the entrance. It's also one of the first rides you hear. It really is effective and starts getting you excited for all the thrills you're going to experience in the park.

I see no reason for it to be removed just yet.

• Like 7

A Zack Spin would fit nicely:

Do you know how stupid that would look? Plus there would be a lot of downtime.

That is a matter of opinion. I think ZacSpin coasters look pretty cool, and have potential to be done up nicely.

I'm sure people said the first Drop Tower looked stupid too. Like, "Oh man, look at that giant pole!" :)

• Like 4

Variety is the spice of life.

King's Island should have never gotten rid of King Cobra, Screamin' Demon, Bavarian Beetle, or Scooby's Ghoster Coaster.

Cedar Point should have kept Disaster Transport, Wildcat, Jumbo Jet, and Scamper.

NOT for number of coasters in a park but for VARIETY of coasters in a park.

It doesn't matter whether YOU like the ride or not - and parts can always be made by someone IF there is a demand.

(and please note - I did not include The Bat nor Son of Beast because they were failures)

• Like 3

I love Invertigo. I think it's a fun, eye catching ride that, like others have said, provides a nice variety in the park.

Disaster Transport and Wildcat were some of the coolest rides just because of their eccentricity compared to the park's usual high thrill coasters. (But these two are still really fun)

I truly miss Wildcat. DT on the other hand, I could care less about. Maybe it was better in its younger years, but the only thing I know it as was the smelly, hot-as-a-furnace, super short ride inside the ugly box with pretty much no theming.

As long as CP gets a new family coaster within the next couple years, in no way would I ever regret the removal of DT.