Future of Invertigo

KevKenny

Disaster Transport and Wildcat were some of the coolest rides just because of their eccentricity compared to the park's usual high thrill coasters. (But these two are still really fun)

When ever I went to Cedar Point I had to hide my love for Disaster Transport. No one else I was with seemed to like it. It was one of those rides that when someone asks you why you like it your only response is "It's just fun". Maybe I'm just being sentimental because it was one of the first roller coasters I ever rode (back when it was Avalanche Run).

When it comes to Invertigo I don't think it's going anywhere. Even though I don't like it, it really is the perfect size and unique enough to the general public to be at the front entrance. Also, people tend to scream on it a lot when they are dropped. That always gets infrequent KI guest's attention at the front entrance.

I agree with location being a big draw for Invertigo. My fiance and I brought my 6 year old nephew to the park Saturday evening. The first thing he noticed was Invertigo. Now, there was no way he was going to get on that thing, but he was intrigued by it. He called it the "roller coaster that goes upside down." All evening, no matter where we were in the park, he kept asking where the roller coaster that goes upside down was.

It's one of the first rides you see as you're walking up to the entrance. It's also one of the first rides you hear. It really is effective and starts getting you excited for all the thrills you're going to experience in the park.

I see no reason for it to be removed just yet.

Plus, any ride that disperses the longer lines at the bigger draws is fine by me. Why take out a ride that is serviceable?

We've all been to the park with That Guy who looks at a great coaster and whines that the line is too long, he doesn't want to wait, but it too stingy for a wristband. With That Guy, we all end up doing nothing but haunting restaurants.the line for rides like Invertigo are fairly short, at least we can get one ride in.

• Like 1

Ahh can't believe I didn't catch that.

But according to this article it still could be correct to say what I did:

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/could-care-less-versus-couldnt-care-less/

I'll admit that technically I was incorrect, but as seen in the link, I wasn't entirely wrong haha.

Huh?

Carefully read the article you posted.

Careless writing lacks clarity.

And I care more than some.

In more ways than one.

Don't even get me started on "I don't care to,"

That one can mean diametrically opposed things.

Want to go for ice cream?

I don't care to.

I could care less.

Sigh.

• Like 3

• 4 years later...
3 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

My theory is that Cedar Fair is looking to remove their boomerangs. So I think in the next few years Invertigo will be gone. I think they will also remove Congo Falls since no body rides it.

Tons of people ride Congo Falls. It's actually one of the highest performing rides in terms of capacity to expected capacity. It's great for those summer days where the park is packed and just 100°

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

My theory is that Cedar Fair is looking to remove their boomerangs. So I think in the next few years Invertigo will be gone. I think they will also remove Congo Falls since no body rides it.

While I do anticipate Invertigo being on its way out within the next 5 years, no way will Congo Falls be removed as well. Their ridership has been on the decline, yes, but so has ridership throughout the whole park - if you take that into perspective, then you'll notice that its ridership has been relatively steady, and its placement doesn't necessarily interfere with any future replacements for Invertigo. I see Congo Falls sticking around for a while yet, barring any unforeseen events.

• Like 1

Maybe its me, but it did seem to have more uptime this last year than previous years.  I can not recall it being a walk on ride either.

As it is one of the 1st rides you see coming in the park, I would think that if it did get removed it would only be to have something take its place right after.

• Like 1

And how do you know that attendance is up and ridership is down on that attraction?

I will note that both Carowinds and Kings Dominion have both removed their Intamin chute the chutes rides.  

Does that mean anything for Congo Falls?  I don`t have the slightest idea.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

And how do you know that attendance is up and ridership is down on that attraction?

I will note that both Carowinds and Kings Dominion have both removed their Intamin chute the chutes rides.  

Does that mean anything for Congo Falls?  I don`t have the slightest idea.

I've got a buddy that worked in the rides department this summer. Apparently the ride ops are kept up to date on that sort of thing.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, LoadAndGo said:

I've got a buddy that worked in the rides department this summer. Apparently the ride ops are kept up to date on that sort of thing.

We are. I will not give any actual numbers because that is not my place, so you'll have to take my word that park attendance and ridership was up this year, but there has been a general small decline over the past several years.

• Like 1

I like the ride, but a lot of people I know will only ride it if it's almost a walk-on. I don't think that spells death for the ride though. 

As for Congo Falls, I know a lot of people who love it. Oddly enough, I'd probably miss it more than Invertigo. It's a quick, great way to cool down on a hot summer day. 

• Like 4