First time to KI this weekend 8/23-8/25

TrinDawg41

The one thing is that I can mention is that Saturday hours are 10am-10pm & and 10am-8pm Sunday. they have a fireworks show Saturday at 10pm when the park closes. And make sure to ride The Beast at night! Best experience you can have with a roller coaster, just make sure you ride before 9:45pm, because they shut the ride down due to fireworks.

• Like 1

The one thing is that I can mention is that Saturday hours are 10am-10pm & and 10am-8pm Sunday. they have a fireworks show Saturday at 10pm when the park closes. And make sure to ride The Beast at night! Best experience you can have with a roller coaster, just make sure you ride before 9:45pm, because they shut the ride down due to fireworkA

Are the hours you posted for this weekend as well?

The one thing is that I can mention is that Saturday hours are 10am-10pm & and 10am-8pm Sunday. they have a fireworks show Saturday at 10pm when the park closes. And make sure to ride The Beast at night! Best experience you can have with a roller coaster, just make sure you ride before 9:45pm, because they shut the ride down due to fireworkA

Are the hours you posted for this weekend as well?

Yes those are the hours for Aug. 23 & 24

The one thing is that I can mention is that Saturday hours are 10am-10pm & and 10am-8pm Sunday. they have a fireworks show Saturday at 10pm when the park closes. And make sure to ride The Beast at night! Best experience you can have with a roller coaster, just make sure you ride before 9:45pm, because they shut the ride down due to fireworks.

However, if you are in line when it gets shut down prior to the show, it will reopen approximately 15 minutes after the fireworks end. So don't leave the line!

• Like 1

On The Beast and aging backs - I might have a year or two on you ;) I never ride in the last seat of any car. The front or middle of all of them is just fine though. Ditto the night ride. Beast is truly unique due to the terrain-following nature of the ... er.... Beast, so you really gotta do a night ride. Parking is *nothing* like CP, since KI is so much more compact and 'circular'. You can change your mind a lot based on wait times, and never wear yourself out - at least not like CP! Welcome to KIC and KI! You'll recognize the KIC folks - most wear their Tshirts with the KIC logo often (they are so awesome!).

• Like 4

So I logged my first day at KI this afternoon. I got to the park around 2:30 and couldn't believe how quickly I was getting on rides today. They were all basically walk ons. I was pretty happy about that. Rode Diamondback, Beast, Invertigo, the two Firehawk (that ride was awesome!) and the dark ride next to it. Forget the name. I rode back lot stunt coaster. That was over too quick!! But a cool concept. Flight deck. The Racer. I just couldn't believe how light the crowds were today. I basically rode every ride in the park. Except for the water rides. Which I might try tomorrow.

• Like 6

Oh yeah. As far as the park layout goes, it was a little confusing for the first couple hours. CP is really easy to get around because its basically a loop, whereas KI branches off into different sections. Quite confusing. I was getting turned around a LOT! Another observation: the park employees are really helpful! They actually come to u and ask if u need anything, unlike CP's employees. At one point, I was kind of lost, and had walked past one of the games, and the games operator asked me If she could help me find where I was going! How Awesome is that! Really impressed by that. And the gate employees actually SMILED when I came thru and told me to have a great day! Wow. CP could learn from this. Yeah, the roller coaster experience is Better there, in the way of more high thrill rides, but the employees at KI make up for that. Looking forward to another day at KI. Although I feel it's gonna be packed tomorrow!!

• Like 7