how many people in 8th grade would care about roller coasters?

CP&LERR Fan

Well, I would say that once kids hit 5th/6th grade they start to like roller coasters. But, it is from a GP standpoint and they will all believe the stupid rumors we always make fun of. As far as enthusiasts go, the only way I've ever found one is on the internet or at the park. I, for the record, started becoming an enthusiast when I was in 6th grade. I'm now in tenth and never met any enthusiast outside of the above two mentioned places.

• Like 2

To be honest in 8th grade i hated roller-coasters, they mad me sick to my stomach looking at them and riding them ( especially the first drop ), the biggest coaster i was riding at that time was The Beast, now years later I have rode a multitude of big coasters at different parks.. I look back now and realize Kings Island ain't got squat, and that i was riding the best coaster at Kings Island all along.The Beast

To be honest in 8th grade i hated roller-coasters, they mad me sick to my stomach looking at them and riding them ( especially the first drop ), the biggest coaster i was riding at that time was The Beast, now years later I have rode a multitude of big coasters at different parks.. I look back now and realize Kings Island ain't got squat, and that i was riding the best coaster at Kings Island all along.The Beast

Jaded much?

• Like 3

This would make a great "Big Money" question on the "Family Feud!"

It is a relatively unique subject about which to be an enthusiast, but at the same time it can be a popular one. Music groups, automobiles, sports figures/teams, television programs, movies and local social dynamics dominate in that area of young life (with much of the rest taken up by trying to figure out how the rest of one's life is going to go).

If anything, it's a great subject for conversations, school reports, etc., because so many others will choose those more "mainstream" topics, and will talk and talk and talk about them until it becomes boring to hear about. At that point, talking about roller coasters will be a welcome breath of fresh air.

• Like 2

Today was first day of school, the teachers usually asked about how was your summer people were talking about how gate keeper sucked and others liked it, I was a little disappointed that nobody talked about Kings Island but one of my friend went there told me what he rode and talked a little bit about Banshee.

• Like 1

I'm a freshman now and last year I totally was. I think I annoyed my teacher who actually worked at Kings Island. Oops. If you enjoy rollercoasters and all the science with it, I would recommend going into an engineering class next year if your high school offers PLTW classes. This is what I'm doing this year and we will learn about the force and acceleration and deceleration of rollercoasters at the end of the year. Also, if you get a B average the whole year, you get a college credit to some colleges.

Today was first day of school, the teachers usually asked about how was your summer people were talking about how gate keeper sucked and others liked it, I was a little disappointed that nobody talked about Kings Island but one of my friend went there told me what he rode and talked a little bit about Banshee.

When asked what was done over the summer, half the people (that is not much of an exaggeration) in my Social Studies class answered Kings Island. So, it's safe to say Middle Schoolers enjoy roller coasters.