Dollar Days are back

medford

Decided to come alone today.

Crowds aren't too bad!

DB was about an hour wait (I'm actually still waiting but I'm on the steps leading to the station).

Food lines are INSANE!

I won 4 front of the line tickets. I used those on FOF, Firehawk, and I gave 2 away.

If you see me, say hi ! I'm in the Linkin Park shirt and some-how stained cargo shorts!

• Like 3

Unless something changes, I'll be there tomorrow.

For some odd reason, the line for WWC was completely full.

It's the end of summer; people want to get their last water activities in. WWC is close to the train, convenient for those coming from and going to Soak City.

Crowds aren't too bad!

DB was about an hour wait (I'm actually still waiting but I'm on the steps leading to the station).

How were the other lines? An hour wait on Diamondback indicates decently large crowds.

Unless something changes, I'll be there tomorrow.

For some odd reason, the line for WWC was completely full.

It's the end of summer; people want to get their last water activities in. WWC is close to the train, convenient for those coming from and going to Soak City.

Crowds aren't too bad!

How were the other lines? An hour wait on Diamondback indicates decently large crowds.

Vortex is the key; any time Vortex has more than a 30-45 minute wait then you know that the park is crowded

• Like 2

Vortex is the key; any time Vortex has more than a 30-45 minute wait then you know that the park is crowded

I've found that out by experience! :)

In 2010, I went on the Sunday that was right in the middle of Labor Day weekend (Sunday, September 5) and I waited a WHOLE HOUR to ride Vortex! The park was the most packed as I had ever seen it; I was there for 3 hours and rode only 3 rides (Zephyr with a 20 minute wait, Vortex with a 60 minute wait, and Delirium with a 40 minute wait).

In comparison, I went on Labor Day last year (September 3, 2012) and it was nowhere near as crowded (granted, it was drizzling a lot of the time).

To this day, 9/05/2010 still remains the most crowded day out of all 40+ times I've ever been to the park. (and 60 minutes still remains the longest time I've ever had to wait for Vortex)

There's a Labor Day weekend insider tip for y'all ;)

We left around 5 and really the only long line we encountered from opening to then was WWC. Seriously.....most everyone at the park was in line for either Pizza or Ice Cream. Festhaus was also packed and one man that was apparently oblivious to everything around him tried ordering the family pizza deal. It took several people to make him understand that the TINY slices were a Dollar each.

• Like 3

They were very small. About the size of my 9 year olds hand. An entire Pie was about 1/3 rd smaller than the usual family deal Pizza.

I expected them to be smaller and was kind of glad. Greasy Pizza and laps on Vortex usually make my stomach very mad at me. The smaller ones made that a non issue.

The Hot Dog I had later was good.

• Like 2

I noticed they were smaller, but I was more impressed with the apparent game of "who can fit the most single slices of pizza on a single tray" game that appeared to be occurring.

Walking down International Street it seemed that every single table was a participant.

Using the previously posted Skyline "we lost money on dollar days last year " as a yardstick for comparison; Even if their profit margin per slice was a penny, they were still rakin' in the dough.

• Like 5

The park did a great job of keeping up with the demand. Pizza slices and hot dogs were being handed out at an impressive pace, and they even turned off receipt printing to save time. Some locations had pre-filled water cups ready to grab.

On the other hand, Hank's Burrito Shack opened around 11:30 and was shut down by 12:45. It seemed that the only things selling there were drinks.

• Like 5