Mean Streak Upgrade for 2014?

I know I have mentioned about Cedar Point's plans for 2014 before in another blog topic. But, today I jumped on cedarpoint.com and took a look at the blog page and discovered a wood structure with question marks in the picture. The tagline says "It's obvious isn't it? :)"

My guess is a remodeled, new and improved Mean Streak! Rumor is that the ride will be closing down a few weeks early for maintenance issues. Hmmmm???

Okay, pet peeve of mine. This sub-topic is for Kings Island discussion. Mean Streak obviously is not Kings Island. So, why is this thread in Kings Island discussion? It as well as the "Cedar Point Will Be Announcing A New Attraction For 2014 As Well" thread should not be here. Also, we already have a Cedar Point 2014 thread properly located here. On top of that, all three of these threads basically discuss the same thing, making it hard to follow when it is spread among three threads. Basically, what I'm getting at is: Why has a mod not merged these three threads into the thread properly located and linked to above?

rcwizard13, not trying to act like a mod or anything; it just gets confusing. :)

• Like 8

Okay, pet peeve of mine. This sub-topic is for Kings Island discussion. Mean Streak obviously is not Kings Island. So, why is this thread in Kings Island discussion? It as well as the "Cedar Point Will Be Announcing A New Attraction For 2014 As Well" thread should not be here. Also, we already have a Cedar Point 2014 thread properly located here. On top of that, all three of these threads basically discuss the same thing, making it hard to follow when it is spread among three threads. Basically, what I'm getting at is: Why has a mod not merged these three threads into the thread properly located and linked to above?

rcwizard13, not trying to act like a mod or anything; it just gets confusing. :)

who cares

who cares

I do, for one. Apparently, so does rcwizard13.

• Like 6

Well you certainly seem to be acting like a moderator to me! And besides, some of us mods are busy working one or two jobs. I know I have been busy at my current job working on some exciting projects. No need to chastise us moderators.

On the subject at hand, I rarely ride Mean Streak when I go to Cedar Point. Same goes for Mantis. There are other rides I would much rather go on and wait in line for than those attractions.

• Like 7

Actually, the fault lies with the original posters, not the mods.

If the off-KI-topic post had been placed in the proper off-topic forum to begin with, this would be a non issue.

Mistakes will happen, of course, but it's becoming far too common for users to post anything on any topic in the KI forum... thus creating work for the mods.

And of course, as you pointed out "YoungStud," the mods are busy with their lives too. They shouldn't have to be bothered with posts being put in the wrong forum, or blatant agenda layden spam posts, or dealing with suspending users. Right?

• Like 8

I overheard several complaints about Mean Streak around the park yesterday, so I rode it to see if they were justified.

It was definitely a lot rougher than it was in May; it almost seemed like it was trimmed less. I didn't experience any pain or discomfort, but I also didn't want to re-ride.

Back to the topic at hand...

As odd as it may seem, I certainly hope Mean Streak doesn't get one of those steel re-tracking renovations like Texas Giant did. It seems like blasphemy to me.

Not to mention that, for all intents and purposes, once a ride is renovated like that, it's basically a steel coaster, (but that's a completely different debate) and Cedar Point already has a disproportionately large amount of those.

And of course, as you pointed out "YoungStud," the mods are busy with their lives too. They shouldn't have to be bothered with posts being put in the wrong forum, or blatant agenda layden spam posts, or dealing with suspending users. Right?

Some make innocent mistakes, others are guilty of creating unnecessary drama.

We know the OP make a mistake, as for our resident A-Rod....... well, yeah.

• Like 2

Well you certainly seem to be acting like a moderator to me! And besides, some of us mods are busy working one or two jobs. I know I have been busy at my current job working on some exciting projects. No need to chastise us moderators.

On the subject at hand, I rarely ride Mean Streak when I go to Cedar Point. Same goes for Mantis. There are other rides I would much rather go on and wait in line for than those attractions.

That post was in no way meant to chastise the mods. I was going through the three topics we had with the intent of showing the OP to do a better job looking for other similar threads first and to place topics in the correct places. I realize real life jobs get in the way of this one, but letting two similar topics co-exist for 2+ weeks with at least 4 mods that I know of is a bit too much in my opinion. Nevertheless, the point of the post post was to send a message to new posters, not to chastise the mods. Sorry if it came across the wrong way. Also, my last sentence was meant to come across as a suggestion. Again, I'm sorry if you felt I was chastising you, I'm not very good at wording things online. Real life talks are much easier.

• Like 2

Posts in the wrong forum category make it irksome to find and re-find threads that you haven't read yet or haven't posted in (if they aren't in the recently updated list)

Also if you wish to go back to an old thread to reference something or see what was said.

It's just consideration, is all.

That post was in no way meant to chastise the mods. I was going through the three topics we had with the intent of showing the OP to do a better job looking for other similar threads first and to place topics in the correct places. I realize real life jobs get in the way of this one, but letting two similar topics co-exist for 2+ weeks with at least 4 mods that I know of is a bit too much in my opinion. Nevertheless, the point of the post post was to send a message to new posters, not to chastise the mods. Sorry if it came across the wrong way. Also, my last sentence was meant to come across as a suggestion. Again, I'm sorry if you felt I was chastising you, I'm not very good at wording things online. Real life talks are much easier.

I'm just going to point out something to you if you haven't noticed yet.

Not that I don't agree with you.

• Like 1

On topic now, I myself would love to see a RMC redo of Mean Streak. While it could be coming, I do not think it will be for 2014. As stated by others, it seems unlikely that a family would announce such an addition and this is not the first year Mean Streak has closed early to get an early maintenance start. I could see it occurring 2015 or later. In which case, I hope it is not re-tracked like Texas Giant and Iron Rattler, but rather the wood track used on Outlaw Run. Using the steel track would even further limit the Point's already limited wooden coaster line up.