Banshee Trains

KevKenny

After riding GK 16 times this past weekend I would describe the restraints like a car seat belt. When applying the brakes in a car your belt locks and you can not move forward, when that stopping force is no longer there your seat belt is more free and able to lean forward again. That is how I would describe the GK restrains work now.

• Like 5

The new restraints are going to make your collarbones scream like a Banshee, i don't care what has been said about Gatekeeper was going to get its restraints fixed, its the ending of the season and the restraints are still uncomfortable. Im starting to believe its not going to be fixed..

I have not been on Gatekeeper, (restraints are rough?) Wild Eagle did not bother me, and are the restraints the same on Gatekeeper as W Eagle?

If B&M have similar restraints to Raptor, these are not uncomfortable to me either

Just asking.

to be up front, I am fat. the last time I rode a b and m coaster with a shoulder harness I needed the double belted seats. I have obviously seen the new wing rider and in this case Banshee's restraints but have never been on that type of restraint before. with that, what would my chances be of fitting on Banshee or a wing rider? im just trying to avoid the walk of shame which is very embarrassing for me and I do know how it feels.

• 2 weeks later...

My dad (OhioChris) is a heavy man but doesn't look big at all and he couldn't fit in the row for larger guests on Gatekeeper. I hope that'll give him motivation to lose the weight for Banshee.lol

I personally loved Gatekeepers seats! And I can't wait to feel them on a ride at our home park!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think Drop Tower's restraint problem(at least in my case), is that its too short from the seat to the shoulder restaint. I'm 6'2" 210 and it hits my shoulders long before the belt can be latched. I have to scrunch down to get it to latch and then reposition myself into a more comfortable position.

• Like 3

The only ride I have to "squeeze" on is Drop Tower. I know I'm only 13 but I'm 6'2" 225 lbs. If Banshee's trains are like a cross between Gatekeeper and Raptor, I will be one happy camper.

Banshee's seats (which are the relevant part of the trains in terms of whether you will fit) appear that they are going to be exactly the same as Gatekeeper's. If you can ride Gatekeeper comfortably, you should also be able to ride Banshee at the same comfort level.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been on Wild Eagle I thought it was really comfortable so if the restraints are similar ill be happy.

As far as the fat conversation I'm 5'11 260lbs. The only ride I have not fit on so far is Drop Tower. I even fit on Top thrill Dragster. I guess I am lucky as far as that goes. I however am in the middle of working on my weight. Maybe one day ill fit on Drop Tower again.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...