Banshee Trains

KevKenny

SKYRUSH is the closest thing to a mega lite in the US. Skyrush is awsome and a engineering marvel on a 4 abreast train being able to navigate tight radii.

skyrush seats are staggered v formation like Diamondback, wouldn't that technically make it 2 rows of seats for one train?

• 2 weeks later...

All you have to do to alleviate any issues on GK with the restraints is ride it like you are supposed to. The seats are inclined back a bit so keep your back on the backrest and NOT lean forward (I know that is hard to do because I lean forward on almost every roller coaster I ride). If you sit back in seat the restraints will restrain your chest and not your collarbones. Try it next time you ride GK and let us know how it went!

I for one cannot stand Gatekeeper or Wild Eagle's restraint system, by the end of the ride I was miserable with pain, not to say I didn't enjoy the ride though. I am sure B&M will eventually figure out a way to prevent these restraints from absolutely killing your collar bone and lats.

• Like 1

They aren't making up for operator error...They're making a restraint that is safe according to ASTM standards..

I don't think the company makes stuff like that because the parks have operator errors...if that was the case they wouldn't sell them to the same parks with the same operator errors

Operator error meaning allowinv someone to ride with insane unusual body proportions, riders with no legs, etc.

Operator error wasn't why someone on The Beast this summer stapled my legs down so tight my right leg went numb. That was the most uncomfortable ride I ever had.

Really? If it wasn't operator error, either one or both of the following applies:

* The operator was SUPPOSED to staple you like that.

* it wasn't an error, it was on purpose.

I think you meant to say it WAS operator error.

Really? If it wasn't operator error, either one or both of the following applies:

* The operator was SUPPOSED to staple you like that.

* it wasn't an error, it was on purpose.

I think you meant to say it WAS operator error.

So is that saying when someone pushes their weight into my lap bar, it is unintentional?

Rode Gatekeeper five times in 20 minutes yesterday...no pain in the restraint, just got done with the ride and wanted something else...

I don't see where this pain and everything comes from...

Glad I'm not the only one. I actually found the vests to be more comfortable than the majority of OSR's that do not use them.

• Like 1

Rode Gatekeeper five times in 20 minutes yesterday...no pain in the restraint, just got done with the ride and wanted something else...

I don't see where this pain and everything comes from...

The vests have been changed and the issue has been supposedly resolved. It's good to hear that there are no issues any longer.

• Like 4

Yup, I went last week and reported it a day before Tony posted...

I honestly didn't have any problems before the fix, the only thing I like is now there is freedom of movement, which to me means movement=airtime. I floated alot through a few of those turns. I love Gatekeeper, but if I had to choose a ride to marathon...I'm going Maggie or Maverick

• Like 5

I think Gatekeepers problems are solely based on size differences of patrons, which is obvious.

I like the idea of the restraints, but personally I had an issue with them hurting my collar bone. With that being said, I trust that B&M is woking on the issue before Banshee's cars ship.

As for the "fat row", I had a pretty hard time getting on Wicked Twister at CP, yet I fit comfortably on every ride other than it at the park. I am a huskier guy, 5'11 235lbs. I know its the seat design/train design, but at the same time, the placement of the buckle on that ride is terrible. I got my 2 clicks comfortably, but couldn't get the buckle, so I ended up stapling myself. Just had to throw this in since it was discussed.

The restraints pushed down into your thighs. If Intamins had floater air they could use a t-bar no seatbelt, but their rides have so much ejector air they have to make up for operator error and desiign a restraint that works on a wider range of people.

I really don't want to get into another Intamin discussion, but which Intamins have "so much ejector air?"