Fire Up the Night- 2013

CoastersRZ

Coney Island is once again hosting an international fireworks competition. The second annual competition will put France, Italy and Portugal against each other. The companies that are competing are: Brezac Artifices, France; Panzera, Italy; and Grupo Luso Pirotecnia, Portugal. The event will be held on Saturday, September 21st. The gates open at 3pm (two hours earlier than last year), and fireworks begin at 8:30pm. Admission is $30 per carload, and includes admission to the park, and access to Coney`s classic rides. (Separate admission rates apply to limos, buses, RVs, and walk in admission is $5 a person. No re-entry. And after the three competing countries launch their pyrotechnic artistry in the sky over Lake Como, Rozzi`s Famous Fireworks caps off the night with a grand finale.

Last year it was an extremely fun event. I have never witnessed so many fireworks, with each show going for about fifteen to twenty minutes. Definitely a fun event and well worth the trip. Not to mention the price is pretty reasonable considering you gain access to the rides and a night of fun fireworks.

For more information on Fire Up the Night, go here: http://coneyislandpark.com/fire_up_the_night.php

On a slightly unrelated subject, please note that Coney Island is closed to the public this Saturday, August 24th for a private event. The park will be open to the public again on Sunday.

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

I'll be working Sweetmaize Kettle Korn.

We are actually going to have two Kettle's going!

Last year, there was probably close to 30,000 people.

All vendors were completely sold out before the fireworks started.

Get to the park early!

Come by and get a free sample!

pilotank

• Like 2

About thirty to forty minutes, depending on the ride. Some rides, like Round Up hold 42 per cycle. While other rides like Ferris Wheel are slow by their inherent slow loading process.

Please also note that due to the fireworks, Pedal Boats will not stay open the entire six hours the rides are open. Also note, that Kellogg Avenue will also close when the fireworks are going off.

• Like 1

Unfortunately it looks like I'll be missing this again. I spent too much time debating whether I wanted to do both this and the space/sci fi concert from the Cincy Pops that same weekend (meaning taking two days off work) and just realized it's too late to request that day off now. I need to plan this stuff better :-P

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4

The weather is suppose to be bad for high school football tonight,

but it is suppose to clear up for Saturday and a great day for fireworks!

Weekend Forecast

Updated: Sep 20, 2013, 9:14am EDT
Today Sep 20
38.png

86°F

62°F

PM T-Storms

Chance of rain: 40% Wind: SSW at 13 mph
Sat Sep 21
11.png

72°

46°

T-Showers

Chance of rain: 70% Wind: NW at 14 mph
Sun Sep 22
34.png

69°

42°

Mostly Sunny

Chance of rain: 10% Wind: NNE at 9 mph

How was the event? Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it out to Coney that night. I really enjoyed it last year, though.

It was quite a different contrast from last year. No one was prepared for the large crowd that showed up last year.

I don't know if there was a smaller crowd but everything went smooth as silk. The fireworks were huge and spectacular.

There was plenty of food and drinks for everyone. All traffic was out by 30 minutes after the show! Overall, Definitely should receive an A!

pilotank

• Like 1