holiday world selling train and no timberliners

^ There was a threat of storms yesterday, though apparently none hit Sandusky. On my previous trip in July, they were transferring off trains well in advance of the storms.

On Wednesday, everything at CP except Gemini had all the trains running. Unfortunately, they chained off cars 3 and 4 of Corkscrew around 5:00pm.

• Like 2

I can see them charging for parking next year to increase revenue...

Free drinks, sunscreen, and parking are a major part of the park's marketing. It would be extremely difficult to eliminate them, no matter how much management wants to pinch pennies.

• Like 1

Running one train reminds me how Cedar Point cut the third train for millennium force and Gatekeeper the other day, is like they want the lines to be an hour wait... My thought was because they are trying to keep in the park longer which is smart business thinking but screwed up if your the one standing in line.

Either:

A. Maint. issues

B. It's more inefficient to run three trains, as they would be loading and checking/unlocking empty restraints.

C. Both of above

D. Told by park op to go to two train op

They don't do it on purpose to make lines long, we actually do our best to knock out the lines..just saying

• Like 1

Why the hate for Voyage, it's not re-rideable. I've ridden numerous wooden coasters and coasters in general. Voyage...I can only ride at most twice in a row before I have to go do something else or sit down without feeling ill.

That's why there is the hate and for what I understand a portion of why Timberliners were being tested.

• Like 1

I'm not saying this would happen but if Cedar Fair were to take over Holiday World then I think we could all say goodbye to free parking, free soda, free sunscreen, and DEFINITELY free lockers on the Raven, Legend, and Voyage.

i don't think so, its not dick kenzel anymore running Cedar Fairs. Matt Ouimet stated each park was its own brand, the things you see now at holiday world would probably be the same, except more capital being invested into the park, and great ideas from the other Cedar Fair parks transferring over.
  • Like 1

One thing to keep in mind about the freebies at Holiday World. Beech Bend also has free parking/soft drinks/sunscreen, though I believe they do it because of Holiday World. It would be great marketing for them if HW stopped the freebies, even though HW and BB are much different parks.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4

Just hand it over to Cedar Fair...

I'm sure the current majority owner would be happy to do so for the right price.

After all, this is all about what is, for that family, a relatively small amount of money. The legal fees are probably approaching the amount in controversy.

The Koch family had refused to sell, time and again, despite very lucrative offers, back in the Premier Parks\Six Flags overexpansion days. Pat would be even more heartbroken.

Poor estate planning contributed to this situation.

A sale is looking more and more likely.

• Like 1

If the park's going to be part of some major park chain, I don't know that I wouldn't prefer Herschend, or even Parques Reunidos. Of course, I haven't been to The Great Escape, so I don't know how well Six Flags does with that park. Just not Cedar Fair, please. Not that I think they're willing to go further into debt to acquire Holiday World, anyway.

• Like 3