Season Passes

fanofFirehawk

Is there a difference between getting a gold pass and platinum if you just plan to go to Kings Island?

If you don't plan to use it at other parks, why even bother?

You get the same discounts and free parking with Gold at KI.

With in 8 - 12 hours drive from Cincinnati you have the following:

Kings Island

Cedar Point

Dorney

Canada's Wonderland

Kings Dominion

Carowinds

Worlds of Fun

Michigan's Adventure

I've been to all listed except Michigan's Adventure.

So, if you only plan to use your pass at KI, you should just buy Gold.

• Like 4

Just got mine and my wife's Gold Passes for 2014, Can't wait for Banshee. Also does anyone know if Banshee will be on Fastlane Opening day?

I am sure Banshee will move into the Fast Lane Plus Tier and will be a bit more expensive next year due to the new ride status

As I recall last year, gold passes were available for $69.99 for a limited time. Does anyone (using KIC, not someone somewhere else) know if a similar deal will happen again soon?

My uncle works for P&G and he was able to buy us passes last year for $60 during the private event at KI. I dont know if they will offer any deal this year have not heard anything back from him.

For the past few years, at least, there hasn't been a renewal discount for the early purchasers, since it is the lowest price it'll be, even lower than what will eventually be the renewal price. It is still a really great value, even if there isn't a renewal discount early on. :)

------------------

Edit to add about the price of last years passes:

They were actually $79.99 last fall.

bezepe9y.jpg

Found this Haunt brochure in my car this afternoon. :P

• Like 5

Just saw yesterday the TV screen at the help center location next to Fast Lane pass booth which indicated wait times for rides and what rides are up and down in both KI and Soak City. This is the first time I have seen this for 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just curious--did anyone here renew their pass at the park over the weekend AND win one of the prizes? I renewed this past Fri evening, then to my surprise found out I was the first winner drawn! I won a pair of aquarium tickets and a $20 gift card to a resturant at the levee.

• Like 6

If I renew my Gold Pass for 2014, then next summer, if I decide that I have the time and money to do some travelling to other parks, is it true I can just pay the difference and turn my Gold into Platinum at any time?

just get it now at $20/ month for 9 months. Best deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I renew my Gold Pass for 2014, then next summer, if I decide that I have the time and money to do some travelling to other parks, is it true I can just pay the difference and turn my Gold into Platinum at any time?

Yes, you'll pay the difference between what you actually paid for the gold pass and the then-current price of a platinum pass. So if you upgrade next year, your total cost will be equal to whatever the full price of platinum is next year. As others have said, it would be cheaper to buy platinum now while it's on sale if you think there is a strong chance that you will get to other Cedar Fair parks next year.

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

Yes, you'll pay the difference between what you actually paid for the gold pass and the then-current price of a platinum pass. So if you upgrade next year, your total cost will be equal to whatever the full price of platinum is next year. As others have said, it would be cheaper to buy platinum now while it's on sale if you think there is a strong chance that you will get to other Cedar Fair parks next year.

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

Problem is, husband does not like to make plans much ahead of time. I'd hate to spend the extra money and then not actually go anywhere else. And we'd have to go what, at least 3 days to another park to make it worthwhile? And multiply the cost times 4 for each family member.

Wasn't it a few years ago that there wasn't 'platinum' passes, but the gold pass was automatically good for all the different parks? 6 years ago, my husband was laid off and we had the pass to go to multiple parks, so while we didn't have so much money, we had a little more time, we packed up the camper and visited 2 or 3 of the parks.