Season Passes

fanofFirehawk

jcgoble3: In my experience, no. You'll just get a new pass instead of renewing. You'll have your Platinum Pass that's valid this year only and a Gold Pass that's valid next year only.

I know I'll get a new pass. My question is that since only one pass can be assigned to each person, will processing the Gold Pass erase the Platinum Pass from the database, leaving me unable to use it for the rest of the 2013 season?

jcgoble3: In my experience, no. You'll just get a new pass instead of renewing. You'll have your Platinum Pass that's valid this year only and a Gold Pass that's valid next year only.

I know I'll get a new pass. My question is that since only one pass can be assigned to each person, will processing the Gold Pass erase the Platinum Pass from the database, leaving me unable to use it for the rest of the 2013 season?

Sorry, I worded that response poorly. Like The Interpreter said, you won't be erased from the system. You'll have a valid 2013 Platinum Pass for this year, and you'll have a Gold Pass that's valid for 2014. Purchasing a separate pass does not invalidate the pass you currently own.

I remember that some mother asked a question on here a couple years ago (I'm not in the mood to dig for the thread) about if it would be possible for her kids to have two passes because their dad (either divorced, separated, or just never married in the first place) insisted on keeping their passes so that the mom could not take her kids to KI. She was told no, that there could only be one card number per person in the database. That's why I'm asking.

Sorry, I worded that response poorly. Like The Interpreter said, you won't be erased from the system. You'll have a valid 2013 Platinum Pass for this year, and you'll have a Gold Pass that's valid for 2014. Purchasing a separate pass does not invalidate the pass you currently own.

I'd like to hear a response from the park because I'm still confused. I'm not in the mood to deal with the phone system, and the online contact form does not allow comments or questions exceeding 250 characters.

I'll probably wait until closing day anyway since I won't have the money for it until next month.

• Like 1

I remember that some mother asked a question on here a couple years ago (I'm not in the mood to dig for the thread) about if it would be possible for her kids to have two passes because their dad (either divorced, separated, or just never married in the first place) insisted on keeping their passes so that the mom could not take her kids to KI. She was told no, that there could only be one card number per person in the database. That's why I'm asking.

I'd like to hear a response from the park because I'm still confused. I'm not in the mood to deal with the phone system, and the online contact form does not allow comments or questions exceeding 250 characters.

I'll probably wait until closing day anyway since I won't have the money for it until next month.

this issue comes from either the mother or the father unwilling to give the kids, who own the pass, their option to use "their" passes. Mostly the one parent paid for the pass and holds the pass but it really belongs to the kids. The forgot pass ticket is an option up to the 3rd time,then the problem comes from there. After 3, its $15 per pass to get a new pass made up. Then once the new pass is made, the other parent gets mad because they paid for the passes and the passes they hold are no longer valid.

So to answer your question they can have 2 passes if they so choose. Each parent can have their own passes for the kids but, Its hard to believe that parents do this and hold their kids passes hostage or as a bargining chip

I have purchased my kids season passes in the past for Christmas gifts and my ex purchases her own pass but we are civil enough to share in the fun of being at KI so they can enjoy the park, not try to hurt them and not enjoy the fun of KI.

• Like 4

I bought the Platinum pass, used it for my one free time this year. I had Reg season pass that ran out on Sept 2. I also had free parking on it (40 dollars). I thought I could use it to park then make my Platinum pass. Didnt work, she said it ran out on Sept 2, so then I gave her my print out for the Platinum. She said that the free parking was for next year. Well played Kings Island. I ended up having to pay for parking. At least I got Platinum now and I plan on only going to at least Cedar Point and maybe carowinds. Hopefull with more overtime at work I can plan more trips and make it to King Dominion and back to Cedar Point.

• Like 2

But a 2014 pass is a different year, so why couldn't you have two passes. You guys are making this harder than it seems. I could upgrade my Platinum Pass for 2014 now, and it would still get me in the park for the rest of 2013, and all of 2014. I never have the extra money though to renew till tax refund time, so I don't ever renew till February anyway!

• Like 1

Just another change from the Paramount days...

I would eat the parking fee if I was the park if your using your one free day when you process your pass for customer service sake.
I took my parking receipt to the ticket window and they refunded my parking fee when I purchased my gold pass this past Saturday. If you still have your parking receipt I would go to guest services and they would refund the parking in their beagle bucks so you can spend that money in the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That man I married wants to renew out passes (YES!) on our visit to the Haunt.

In buying the 2014 pass, that includes said visit to the 2013 Haunt!

I just want to be sure on this.

(He's been eyeballing the twitter feed on the hour since The first trucks rolled in for Banshee.)

• Like 1

^ If your 2013 pass is gold or platinum, it already includes unlimited visits to KI's Haunt in 2013. If your 2013 pass is a regular season pass, it expired after Labor Day.

If you purchase a new 2014 Kings Island gold or platinum pass, you will get one free visit to Kings Island this fall. You'll have to pay for parking during your one free visit, but parking will be included for all of 2014. (If you have a 2013 gold/platinum pass, you don't need the free visit since you already have unlimited admission and parking this year.)

• Like 2

(He's been eyeballing the twitter feed on the hour since The first trucks rolled in for Banshee.)

"That man I married," huh?

• Like 1

I've been calling you that to your face for what? How many years?

• Like 4

I've been calling you that to your face for what? How many years?

Thank goodness you actually married me. Otherwise, you'd be appearing downright goofy right about now.

• Like 7

Since we skipped this year, our passes are no longer simply renewable, and we must get new ones. That's ok- I no longer have the cheesy-looking mustache associated with the old ID! "That woman I married," however... (ducking) But I did print out the receipts today!

• Like 3

Just another change from the Paramount days...

I would eat the parking fee if I was the park if your using your one free day when you process your pass for customer service sake.
I took my parking receipt to the ticket window and they refunded my parking fee when I purchased my gold pass this past Saturday. If you still have your parking receipt I would go to guest services and they would refund the parking in their beagle bucks so you can spend that money in the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to confirm, we did this last Friday. Took our parking receipt to the ticket booth when buying the passes (we purchased them at the park) and they took $15 off of the cost of the passes. Glad they did that. Can't believe parking is that expensive and the lot is in the state that it's in.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be getting my Gold pass renewed next week. I also wish that I could get a new one with the new look, I suppose if you "lost" yours you could. But I don't remember what the fee is for replacement. Or if you've had it a long time I would see if they'd let you get a new one? Because of the card wearing out, barcode not working as well etc.

I'll be getting my Gold pass renewed next week. I also wish that I could get a new one with the new look, I suppose if you "lost" yours you could. But I don't remember what the fee is for replacement. Or if you've had it a long time I would see if they'd let you get a new one? Because of the card wearing out, barcode not working as well etc.[/

For a lost/stolen pass replacement fee is $15 to replace the pass, but if you still have it and want to replace that can be done at the sales ticket window office with no fee with your worn out barcode. Just ask guest services if you have any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk

I didn't realize how popular platinum passes were! I always get gold, just because I live 25 minutes away from KI and I'm in college so $9.50 a month is manageable. I would get a platinum, but I would never get to use it. Even making a trip up to Cedar Point is pricey and hard between two jobs. :wacko: I think the year a graduate college will be the year I go platinum. Until then, I'll stick with gold...

• Like 5

About to buy Platinums for my family as we plan on doing a week long East coast park trip next summer and upon reading the website, I have to buy my 5 year old a adult pass as she is 49" tall? Her sister is 7 and 52" and her brother is 9 and is 54". Having to buy them all adult passes is kind of a let down. They aren't even teenagers!

Anyone have experience with this?

About to buy Platinums for my family as we plan on doing a week long East coast park trip next summer and upon reading the website, I have to buy my 5 year old a adult pass as she is 49" tall? Her sister is 7 and 52" and her brother is 9 and is 54". Having to buy them all adult passes is kind of a let down. They aren't even teenagers!

Anyone have experience with this?

If they are 48" or taller they need an adult pass. They can ride most of the rides except 6. Diamondback, Flight of Fear 54", Firehawk & WindSeeker, Delirium & Invertigo is 52". All other rides minimum height requirement is 48" tall. My nephew is only 6 and is 49" tall and my sister had to buy him a adult pass. Best part right now is all passes are the same price either new or renewal.

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk

My son is 5 and 48"+ as well. I looked into prior to last season as well as I was wondering, is there a savings just b/w just buying him a gold pass now (not like he can take advantage of the free parking or early entry since he'd have to be there w/ mom or dad and typically we go on weekday nights since we live in the area, but IIRC there was no savings to be had b/w buying the gold pass now, while its at its cheapest price and buying a kids regular pass closer to the season.