Carowinds will be investing $50 million in the next three years!

Carowinds is getting a b&m giga most likely at that price tag the last intamin giga was a cool 25mill. Thank god it isn't Kings Islands giga SHEW! Id take a b&m invert over a b&m giga any day... vHopefully with the two B&M installments Kings Island has, they will be ok with leaving the comfort zone and call up intamin!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

UPDATE:

It appears that the Skycoaster has been taken down, and is being moved to fill in a large part of a perfectly good pond that is one of the only (manmade) natural areas left in the park. But this new location is also VERY close to WindSeeker...

No one really rides the darn thing anyway, I don't see why they don't just take it out completely. It's not the prettiest thing either.

UPDATE:

It appears that the Skycoaster has been taken down, and is being moved to fill in a large part of a perfectly good pond that is one of the only (manmade) natural areas left in the park. But this new location is also VERY close to WindSeeker...

No one really rides the darn thing anyway, I don't see why they don't just take it out completely. It's not the prettiest thing either.

WindSeeker? I think beauty is only thing going for it.

• Like 6

UPDATE:

WindSeeker? I think beauty is only thing going for it.

No, I meant the Skycoaster. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So...still no official announcement on moving the Skycoaster, but it appears that they have drained the pond next to NightHawk and are preparing to reinstall it there...

Also, on Screamscape today:

(1/7/14) According to a report posted at CoastersAndMore.de in German, the new B&M coaster on the way to Carowinds should stand over 90 meters (over 295 feet) in height and be at least 1,500 meters (4,921 feet) in length, as it crosses over from North to South Carolina and and back again during the run. And if I had to guess, I think there is a good chance it may fly over the park’s entrance plaza.
I’m hoping they got the stats a little wrong, as not only is the public expecting that it be at least 300 feet in height minimum, it should be LONGER than Intimidator, which is listed as 5,316 feet, and not shorter. Stay tuned!

Stats still seem a bit off; I don't know why it would be only 295 feet tall and shorter than the 232' Intimidator.

• Like 2

^ Remember, that was written by people who use the metric system. It would be reasonable for an American to describe Millennium Force (310 feet) as "over 300 feet". So it would be reasonable for a German to describe something that's (for example) 305 feet (93 meters) as "over 90 meters". So it could still be easily over 300 feet tall. As for length, 5,316 feet is 1,620 meters, which could plausibly be described by "over [actual height rounded down to multiple of 500] meters".

• Like 7

So...still no official announcement on moving the Skycoaster, but it appears that they have drained the pond next to NightHawk and are preparing to reinstall it there...

Also, on Screamscape today:

(1/7/14) According to a report posted at CoastersAndMore.de in German, the new B&M coaster on the way to Carowinds should stand over 90 meters (over 295 feet) in height and be at least 1,500 meters (4,921 feet) in length, as it crosses over from North to South Carolina and and back again during the run. And if I had to guess, I think there is a good chance it may fly over the park’s entrance plaza.

I’m hoping they got the stats a little wrong, as not only is the public expecting that it be at least 300 feet in height minimum, it should be LONGER than Intimidator, which is listed as 5,316 feet, and not shorter. Stay tuned!

Stats still seem a bit off; I don't know why it would be only 295 feet tall and shorter than the 232' Intimidator.

If you look at that link, you'll see that above Carowind's section, there's a park called Kings Iceland (if you translate in Chrome) getting a coaster named Banshee as well!

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

icon_STOP.gif2015 - New Coaster - (6/17/14) Cedar Fair has filed for a new trademark this month for the name “FURY 325”. It certainly sounds like a good name for a very tall coaster doesn’t it? Following in the same fashion as “Intimidator 305”, the reports that Cedar Fair is planning a 300+ foot coaster for Carowinds in 2015, it very well could be named FURY 325 I suppose. This isn’t the first time Carowinds would have brought an attraction to the market using the FURY name, as they launched a much-hyped new haunted house for their SCarowinds event a few years ago that was simply called FURY.

Previously this year Cedar Fair has also filed trademarks for the name “FURY’ on January 23rd and Centurion way back on October 18th, 2013. Though I have to admit, I’m a bit more keen on the Centurion name, as the location of the new coaster is said to pass out in front of the park’s main gate area, giving it a similar feel to what they did with Gatekeeper at Cedar Point, and the name Centurion does have a similar tone to it.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/carowinds.htm

http://www.trademarkia.com/fury-325-86303893.html

• Like 2

325 feet...that would make this the tallest traditional lift hill coaster in the world if that's correct, beating Steel Dragon 2000 and surely drawing massive amount of attention to Carowinds. If they really want to make it "The Cedar Point of the South" and tap further into that potentially huge market, such a coaster would likely be a great start.

It's also a height I doubt Kinzel, who really seemed to favor Cedar Point, would ever have built to at any park not named Cedar Point since it would also surpass Millennium Force. But alas, Ouimet is NOT Kinzel... :P

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

We were just at Carowinds and this sign was hanging up behind Hurler. Things appear cleared out from what Zach said. I am too short to see. They are clearing land at the front gates, too. uname8at.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Leaked blueprints here: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/29816-fury-325/

Definitely looks like an improved version of Leviathan. If this isn't a B&M giga, I'll be shocked.

It's a B&M giga, I can assure you. Better blueprints are located here: http://carowindsconnection.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3941&start=1815#p56982

We were just at Carowinds and this sign was hanging up behind Hurler. Things appear cleared out from what Zach said. I am too short to see. They are clearing land at the front gates, too.

(snip)

I was there last night too! I saw that but was unable to log on until just now...

• Like 4