Carowinds will be investing $50 million in the next three years!

I know this might seem a bit far fetched, but what if B&M used wing coaster trains on this coaster. The airtime and smoothness of a "giga" with the freedom and open-ness of a wing coaster. (replacing the OTSRs with lap bars of course)

• Like 3

I will be renewing my season pass for sure next year!

Someone with knowledge of the plans on Carowinds Connection says that B+M will not be using the staggered seats for this coaster, and will apparently be designing new trains for this. (I think)

• Like 4

Levitation also does not use staggered trains. If these blueprints are real I would expect it to have a similar design.

Although Diamondback has great views from all seats my biggest complaint about the ride is that with the long trains the drop seems really short.

I have not experienced earlier B&M mega coasters to confirm these feelings.

• Like 3

I swear I read somewhere that it wouldn't be possible for a wing rider to be that tall, since the chassis supporting the seats wouldn't be able to withstand all the forces. Unlike a normal sitdown coaster where the force is pushing directly down on the seats and onto the track, with a wing rider the seats are suspended pretty far out, so most of the force is not exerted down on the track. I could be wrong though but I think I remember seeing this before.

Unless B&M is able to somehow design wing rider trains that are able to withstand forces from a 300+ drop that's more than twice than the height of their current wing riders, then I just could see them slightly altering their hyper trains to give them a new look.

• Like 1

All you younger boys and girls are spoiled when it comes to smoothness expectations. When I was growing up the smoothest ride at KI was Vortex and I loved it. In addition to that we had to walk back there uphill both ways in a foot of snow!

• Like 13