Carowinds will be investing $50 million in the next three years!

Also here is an awesome off-ride video I found on ThemeParkReview:

I love how they animated nearly EVERY ride in the park in that video- if you look closely, you can even see, for example, Afterburn running in the background all the way on the other side of the park.

• Like 4

In my opinion, i think B&M and their respective customers are realizing that park guests are looking for more and more thrills. Yes, 135ft drops with 5-7 inversions is thrilling, and so are 230ft drops with 6-10 airtime hills, but 300ft, fast paced coasters with quick turns and airtime all together is just more thrilling imho. I think we will continue to see B&M branch out an try new things over the next decade!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I was lucky enough to ride Leviathan a couple of weeks ago. My boys and I all loved it. A great compliment to Behemoth (and our Diamondback).

Based on my Leviathan rides and the Fury 325 videos, I'd say Carowinds is getting a breathtaking coaster next year.

I'm a fan of the name and theme, the colors, and the way the underside of the track is painted a different color than the top. That should give it a nice visual pop and highlight the twists and curves.

• Like 4

This ride looks fantastic. When I saw the leaked blueprints I knew the ride was going to be long, but 6,600 feet? I am so thankful that Cedar Fair is continuing to pour lots of money into these large new B&Ms when no other park/chain is willing to do so.

This is an absolutely game-changing addition for both Carowinds and for B&M. IMO this is the biggest coaster announcement since Millennium Force. Carowinds will now have three rides in my personal top 20 coaster rankings and IMO the finest trio of steel coasters located in one park anywhere in the US (along with Intimidator and Afterburn). What an amazing addition!

Just a quick extra thought...I am so glad that this is a B&M project. I305 has a lot of fans - especially in some enthusiasts circles - but for the vast majority of the general public who ride it it's a "ride once and done" coaster because of the intensity. The lines for I305 are always some of the shortest (if not the shortest) in the park every visit I've made since it's been open, even when it's only running one train. Cedar Fair was incredibly smart for putting in a coaster that most will want to re-ride over and over.

• Like 5

Big changes.

Remember, satellite corporate office is now located in Charlotte.

A review of the sales, food and beverage, and other job descriptions from the past year all indicated they are about to make much bigger changes than the drapes (hat tip to Cloris Leachman in High Anxiety).

Season likely will be extended due to the temperate climate of the South. Much opportunity exists with this park located within a days drive of such a large percentage of the population.

• Like 2

Makes me jealous. Banshee is great, but dang...and Carowinds isn't done yet. C'mon Kings Island, you gotta give us something for next year - anything!

But KI is giving us something - a free season passholder preview day if you renew your season pass this year :-)

Let's not forget that Banshee is a world-class coaster itself. Let's allow KI to get some mileage from that ride for a few years before we start chatting about our next major attraction.

• Like 5

My kids will love the train design similar to Diamondback and they don't like the restraints on Millennium Force. Still an awesome ride. But cannot wait to get mega airtime on this epic giga coaster next year. Myrtle Beach & Carowinds.

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk

• Like 1

We will now be doing a Carowinds/Kings Dominion trip next year. Looks like an awesome coaster to add, and, add to that a complete reboot of the entrance plaza makes this ride a home run!

Has anyone ever stayed it the cabins at the camp at Carowinds? Decent accomodations for two people? Better than the hotel "on site"?

• Like 3