Carowinds will be investing $50 million in the next three years!

According to Twitter reports, the announcement stated that there will be a "bigger splash in 2016."

When was the last time they had a water park expansion?

This year... Dorsal Fin Drop and Surfers Swell were both added to Boomerang Bay this year at a cost of 2.5 million. They mentioned "a bigger splash" several times during the announcement which makes me think that several more attractions will be added to BB for 2016 in addition to being re-branded as Soak City.

Carowinds is getting waterpark expansions 2 years apart, awesome... KI not so much

• Like 2

Wow. I'm speechless. This coaster is way above and beyond anything I imagined it would be. The layout (even though the leaked blueprints were out, seeing the exact elements is awesome), the colors (a color on the underside of the track???? So cool!), and height, the speed, and just everything about it is perfect. Plus the new entrance and parking booths as well as other things to come for Carowinds both next year and in the near future.

B&M has really been surprising me lately and they're going down a path I'm beyond thrilled they have chosen. 2015 is already looking like a great year for coaster, if not just for Thunderhawk and Fury 325 alone. Both B&Ms. Both game changers.

I love it.

• Like 1

Makes me jealous. Banshee is great, but dang...and Carowinds isn't done yet. C'mon Kings Island, you gotta give us something for next year - anything!

But KI is giving us something - a free season passholder preview day if you renew your season pass this year :-)

Let's not forget that Banshee is a world-class coaster itself. Let's allow KI to get some mileage from that ride for a few years before we start chatting about our next major attraction.

That's why I said "anything". Even if it means Flying Eagles. I just want something to look forward to next summer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You know other coasters have two tone paint..See quick examples..Mantis..GK, etc. but it is really sweet & I do enjoy the paint. The blue is GK esque, but enough to tell the difference..but that front gate deal had me thinking haha

But B&M has saturated the market now..they basically offer every type of coaster any company can produce for the most part aside from a 4D I think they do everything else.

• Like 3

I'm not familiar with Carowinds, so what is that structure Fury 325 dives under near the far end of the course?

I rather like the colors. It looks like the colors of a coaster that should be slapped somewhere in Florida rather than Carowinds, and at 325 ft, it'll be quite the eye catcher with that bit of neon green towering above the park.

I'm not familiar with Carowinds, so what is that structure Fury 325 dives under near the far end of the course?

I rather like the colors. It looks like the colors of a coaster that should be slapped somewhere in Florida rather than Carowinds, and at 325 ft, it'll be quite the eye catcher with that bit of neon green towering above the park.

It's the new entrance path, if we're thinking of the same thing.

I've only been a few times but if I'm looking at this right, and remembering it right, that is the entrance way after you enter the park.

This looks like a great addition to the park. My friend already asked how many times I will come visit her next summer. Maybe we can convince her teenage son to get on something bigger than the Flying Eagles.

• Like 4

Its an entirely new entrance. Which us good because their old one kinda sucked.

Having to walk half a mile to get from the lot to the gate was a challenge after driving for hours and having kids that had to pee. The new design looks much better.

• Like 2

I love the entrance plaza! It will leave a good first impression on the park. I'm wondering if the same company that did Cedar Point's entrance plaza will do this one too.

Love the coaster, it reminds me somewhat of Leviathan but this one may sneak to #1 on my list whenever I ride it. Wondering if the eyes on the bee will light up in the Fury 325 sign. With these B&M Giga Coasters, I'm loving the look of the lift and first drop!!

• Like 6

I think this is a ride they could definitely do a lot with in terms of lighting also. How cool would it be to have all of the hexagons around the rides entry plaza light up in the patter they did on the animation? Also, to have textured lighting with teal and yellow hexagons all over the place. Im sure Carowinds will get creative with this thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

This whole thing just looks absolutely incredible for Carowinds. The layout is very imaginative and it seems to deviate from Intimidator a lot more than Leviathan does from Behemoth...

And I LOVE the paint on the underside....

Seeing this happen for Carowinds makes me more confident that we might get a giga next time it's our turn for a coaster...

• Like 7

• 5 weeks later...