Carowinds will be investing $50 million in the next three years!

I'm just waiting with bated breath for the announcement of the Carowinds operating schedule. I plan to book a hotel for that weekend the very minute I know WHICH weekend to book for.

I think this addition might be enough to firmly solidify Carowinds's place as my favorite Cedar Fair park. Not that it wasn't already, it just might solidify it even more than it currently is. I mean, how could I NOT love a park with Afterburn AND a Giga that has everything I think a Giga should have <3

(Afterburn is my most favoritest Invert. Even above Banshee)

• Like 3

You and I are on opposite ends of the spectrum and it's interesting to hear others opinions. I liked Carowinds least of all parks I have been to. Afterburn was the best ride there and even then it was only a little above average. Everything else was mediocre. Fury 325 looks great but I'm still not interested in rushing back to the park to ride it just because I know I don't really enjoy the rest of the park.

• Like 1

I'm just waiting with bated breath for the announcement of the Carowinds operating schedule. I plan to book a hotel for that weekend the very minute I know WHICH weekend to book for.

I think this addition might be enough to firmly solidify Carowinds's place as my favorite Cedar Fair park. Not that it wasn't already, it just might solidify it even more than it currently is. I mean, how could I NOT love a park with Afterburn AND a Giga that has everything I think a Giga should have <3

(Afterburn is my most favoritest Invert. Even above Banshee)

I would like to point out that, as far as I know, "most favoritest" is incorrect grammar.

But that's also really coincidental, because I sat next to a boy on the Intimidator just last week who said that it was his "most favoritest coaster in the world."

• 4 weeks later...

Carowinds Amusement Park on Facebook:

"Check it out Fury 325 construction is moving along! Did you know 2015 season pass holders will get ERT, Exclusive Ride Time on this world record breaking thrill ride next year? Season pass prices are at their lowest price of the year through Nov. 2! You don't want to miss out!"

28m1ais.jpg

Photo : Carowinds Amusement Park via Facebook

• Like 8

I'm looking forward to seeing the changes/progress in person on Sunday. I'm most interested in seeing if the entry has changed at all. I'm thinking that most of the entry way changes will wait until after the park closes for the season.

I also wonder if I'll be told that my Platinum Pass picture is a fake again...

• Like 3

I'm looking forward to seeing the changes/progress in person on Sunday. I'm most interested in seeing if the entry has changed at all. I'm thinking that most of the entry way changes will wait until after the park closes for the season.

I also wonder if I'll be told that my Platinum Pass picture is a fake again...

For now, they have a temporary North Gate entrance set up since the Plantation House and the surrounding buildings have been demolished. The South Gate wasn't open when I went last Sunday night for SCarowinds, so it might only be for Saturdays, when they're busier.

Here's a map:

zUlf82K.jpg

• Like 5

For now, they have a temporary North Gate entrance set up since the Plantation House and the surrounding buildings have been demolished. The South Gate wasn't open when I went last Sunday night for SCarowinds, so it might only be for Saturdays, when they're busier.

Here's a map:

zUlf82K.jpg

Thank you Merthecat! That is helpful. I've been there a few times so the picture is great and makes sense. :)

We are still going tomorrow (whether her husband and teenage son join us is TBD) for some rides and then off to the airport for my flight home. Weather looks great - sun and high of 79. I'll take it!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

@mikefehnel on Twitter:

"At this very point #FURY325 will be traveling 95 MPH!"

29pomty.jpg

Photo : Mike Fehnel (Carowinds General Manager) via Twitter

Carowinds Amusement Park on Facebook:

"For today's #Fury325 Friday, we give you your first look inside the Fury 325 station house before you would ascend the 325 foot tall lift hill. Did you know that 400 trucks will be used to deliver all of the steel track and supports to build this ride? Spring can't get here soon enough!"

28in95h.jpg

Photo : Carowinds Amusement Park via Facebook

• Like 8