Carowinds will be investing $50 million in the next three years!

I have a question. Has anyone been on both an Intamin and B&M gigacoaster here on this site? If so, how do the rides compare? I've only been on Millennium force and I like it. I think it has some good floater air time and I dig the overbanked turns.

Would like to experience a B&M giga. Did you hear that KI? :D

• Like 2

Only Intamin for me so far as well.

Millie is great. One of my top coasters.

I305 on the other hand, of all the times I have ridden it, I can't remember half of it because I was still recovering from the bottom of the first hill.

Looking forward to ridding my first B&M Giga this spring. Followed shortly by Leviathan on our Summer coaster tour.

• Like 4

I'm so looking forward to riding this monster!! Have been watching the construction daily!! Man oh man if KI had one of these I would never go to another park!! But I want it to be 350ft and over 100 mph and over 7,000ft. I'm asking for way too much I know!! :)

It's definitely not impossible, and especially with the order of Cedar Fair parks getting B&M gigas........I wouldn't count KI out of getting one......I also wouldn't count it out of having similar statistics to what you've mentioned......

.....Just remember.....This is Kings Island we're talking about.....

.....And thankfully not the Kings Island that brought you the world's first wooden looping coaster.....

.....or the same management that is.

• Like 5

I'm so looking forward to riding this monster!! Have been watching the construction daily!! Man oh man if KI had one of these I would never go to another park!! But I want it to be 350ft and over 100 mph and over 7,000ft. I'm asking for way too much I know!! :)

It's definitely not impossible, and especially with the order of Cedar Fair parks getting B&M gigas........I wouldn't count KI out of getting one......I also wouldn't count it out of having similar statistics to what you've mentioned......

.....Just remember.....This is Kings Island we're talking about.....

.....And thankfully not the Kings Island that brought you the world's first wooden looping coaster.....

.....or the same management that is.

No management at Kings Island was even born yet when the world's first wooden looping coaster debuted.

• Like 10

The section of track completed on the ride today is the entrance flyover element.

<image_redacted>

(Live still-image captured from the Carowinds Fury325 cam)

(Sorry for the double post)

Actually, that's only the second of three flyovers, accompanied by one fly-under. The first one is the one over that path on the left, as part of the s-curve. The second is the over the path on the right, an overbanked curve toward the parking lot. After a horseshoe turn, a fly-under goes through that ditch and under a to-be-built bridge. That leads into a camelback hill for the third and final flyover. Just being technical since Fury 325 flies over the two paths three times in total and under one time.

• Like 4

Oh, I know, it's B&M. These guys know what they're doing. See also: Leviathan is still standing with no issues to speak of, right? Its lift is similar. Also, they haven't exactly had to delay a ride opening so they could rip out an entire inversion and replace it with an s-curve after the very first test run with riders.

It's just the appearance of it messing with my mind. It's insane, in a good way. :)

• Like 5