Carowinds will be investing $50 million in the next three years!

I'm so excited to have purchased the Presidents' Day buy one get on free tickets,

This April will be my first time to the park!

I wish I would have seen that deal. I am planning on making a trip down there with a coaster buddy of mine this spring. It will be my first time there as well.

• Like 5

@mikefehnel on Twitter :

"#FURY325 looks incredible at night, and there are more lights yet to install! @CarowindsPark"

bAnuEh6.jpg

dYcEbkS.jpg

9goSHW3.jpg

LZMvF12.jpg

Photos : Michael Fehnel / Carowinds GM via Twitter

"#FURY325 seems to get brighter as the night falls @CarowindsPark"

PwND7kv.jpg

Photo : Michael Fehnel / Carowinds GM via Twitter

Just buzzing with brightness.....

HvdFmBs.jpg

(Live Still-Image captured from the Carowinds Fury 325 Camera)

• Like 16

That reminds me. When I was a kid, it was really cool how the park came alive after dark, with the different lighting packages. Then I didn't really go to the park for over a decade, and new rides were added. This past summer, my first summer back, I usually got to the park at opening and stayed to late afternoon at the latest.

After several visits I finally was going to stay late and was really excited to see what my new favorite steel coaster (Diamondback) looked like after dark.

Needless to say, I was disappointed. Although the beauty of WindSeeker after dark more than makes up for it.

The light saber lift hill is the first thing that's made me really want to go ride Fury325.

• Like 10

Wow! Those green lights on the station and lift look absolutely amazing! I really like the architecture and feel of the station.

I only wish that I would have the time to get down to Carowinds this year to check out this ride in person. Unfortunately, I likely will not have the time to get down there, as I already have a big west coast trip planned to Disneyland and another Cedar Fair park out in California as part of my honeymoon.

• Like 4

Trains were being moved back and forth on the transfer track yesterday quite a bit.

The park expects major testing to begin today or tomorrow, in order to stay on track for a March 28th Opening Day.

Until then..........Here's an early morning fog-shot of Fury 325gmWevLd.jpg

(Live Still-Image captured from the Carowinds Fury 325 Live Camera Feed)

• Like 11

Certain news crews received media packets for Fury 325 yesterday, and were pleasantly surprised.

News crews and some other folks have been invited out to the Fury 325 site today, weather pending, in preparation for the first test run today.

Although, looking at the temperatures in Charlotte today, I'm not so sure......

• Like 3

I am planning to be there on 3/25. The coaster looks really nice even though it has been rather cold in Charlotte. I have been seeing this coaster being built over the past year and getting really excited.

BTW, Leviathan in 2012 at CW, Fury 325 in 2015 at Carowinds, ??? in 2016 or 2017 at ??? ?

Where would that be if there is another Giga?

MI Adventure? - Not likely

Great America? - Not likely

Knotts Berry Farm? - Long standing rumor for giga

Valley Fair? - Possible

Cedar Point? Already has one.

Kings Island? - Possible

What do you think?

• Like 1

Amongst the remaining Cedar Fair parks that don't yet have a giga I think there are only a couple of viable candidates - Knotts and KI. I don't think it makes financial sense for any of the smaller Cedar Fair parks to get a ride of that magnitude.

A giga at Knotts could work for a couple of reasons. It draws in from a seriously large metropolitan area. A giga would be the tallest coaster on the West Coast (excluding Superman at SFMM, which by calling it a "coaster" is a dubious distinction anyway) which works from a marketing standpoint. The West Coast is in desperate need of coasters with airtime, and either a B&M hyper or giga would fit the bill and would likely be one of the two or three best coasters west of the Mississippi. A giga would have MASSIVE appeal out there. Knotts would have to get their Buena Park neighbors to sign off on the project, but I can't overstate how big a deal a good B&M hyper/giga would be at Knotts.

I believe that we will see a giga announced and built at KI by the end of the decade. KI is the right size park for a giga, and with the massive successes of both Diamondback and Banshee it would also make financial sense. It would complement our current B&Ms beautifully. It would give the park another marketable, reliable, high-capacity coaster. I would LOVE to see what B&M could do with a giga coaster design at KI.

• Like 10

If Kings Island gets a giga hopefully it's a Intamin instillation. I'd rather have KI skip on the oversized Diamondback.

What would you say is the oversized Diamondback? Leviathan is far different than Behemoth, Diamondback, or Intimidator. Looking at Fury 325, this will be far different as well. Only coaster I prefer over Leviathan is Bizarro (SFNE) which is a Intamin hyper.

• Like 4