Carowinds will be investing $50 million in the next three years!

This thing looks like a pure speed demon until the far turn around and looks to have graceful pacing through the 2nd half. That 90 degree bank at the turn around looks like it will be funky in how it feels, in a good way though. Lateral air time anybody? B)

• Like 5

Wait- doesn't B&M usually test with slower soft wheels first before switching to the final hard wheels? If so, then once those go on Fury 325 is going to get even faster...which should push it from "Wow that was fast" to "HOLY (BLEEP)!!!" speed.

• Like 4

Wait- doesn't B&M usually test with slower soft wheels first before switching to the final hard wheels? If so, then once those go on Fury 325 is going to get even faster...which should push it from "Wow that was fast" to "HOLY (BLEEP)!!!" speed.

I think it might be the other way around actually. If I remember correctly the Discovery Channel show from long ago about Tatsu's construction and testing, B&M will start with a hard wheel compound and then slowly swap out the wheels for softer ones until the trains are running the circuit at the proper design speed and time.

• Like 1

Well, if we were in a high school physics class word problem, that train would ALWAYS be accelerating at a rate of (-9.8 m/s2 * sin(Ó¨)) (where Ó¨ is the angle of the slope) no matter what kind of wheels are used.

Fortunately, real life is not similar to high school physics word problems, or we would constantly find ourselves in very bizarre, contrived situations. And then we'd all die because we'd be living in a frictionless vacuum.

(I hope my formula is actually right... It's admittedly been a while since I was in a physics classroom...)

• Like 9

Well, if we were in a high school physics class word problem, that train would ALWAYS be accelerating at a rate of (-9.8 m/s2 * sin(Ó¨)) (where Ó¨ is the angle of the slope) no matter what kind of wheels are used.

Fortunately, real life is not similar to high school physics word problems, or we would constantly find ourselves in very bizarre, contrived situations. And then we'd all die because we'd be living in a frictionless vacuum.

(I hope my formula is actually right... It's admittedly been a while since I was in a physics classroom...)

Ahh. Massless, frictionless pulley problems. I love it. It was so much easier back in high school days......

• Like 4

Some Facebook comments on the Fury 325 pov (I will never understand people)

You're just riding for the first drop, the rest is beyond boring. But that first drop

It doesn't go upside down. Not really interested anymore

Looks rather boring except for that first drop, no loops or real big twists, probably still try it.

This was so lame! Generic roller coaster ride

Looks kinda boring to me except the first drop wth? Couldn't come up with anything better??

Looks like a big, long, drawn out let down

That's it? It's a long coaster, but not very thrilling. Kinda disappointed just my opinion though

It's honestly just a copy of the Intimidator I mean look at it Where is the innovation?

you need to loop to loop in the middle pretty mild in compairson

A few loops would've been nice

• Like 4

^POVs can be deceiving. Most people who aren't roller coaster enthusiasts wont notice the difference. Both Intimidator and Fury 325 were made by B&M, both have the same style of track, and both have similar clam shell seats. So they MUST be the same ride. That is what everyone said about Leviathan before anyone got to ride it. Now I bet if you go around Canada's Wonderland and ask people if Leviathan and Behemoth are similar they would say no way. They will definitely change their minds once they ride this monster called Fury 325.

• Like 8

Some Facebook comments on the Fury 325 pov (I will never understand people)

It doesn't go upside down. Not really interested anymore

The term "anymore" would imply that at some point this person was interested.

Which would imply they were under the impression Fury 325 would include inversions.

With this amount of information I am fairly confident in my conclusion that this person is a complete idiot.

• Like 8