Carowinds will be investing $50 million in the next three years!

CoasterForce has posted an awesome off-ride video of Fury 325 that really shows off its pure speed:

This coaster just flies...this monster is close to the top of my "Coasters I have yet to ride but really want to try out" list...and that is a BIG list since I have only been to Kings Island, Holiday World, and Indiana Beach...

What's with the squealing sound at the 2:47 mark? Is that normal for B&Ms?

• Like 2

Me and my girlfriend took a spur of the moment trip to Charlotte. Left Cincinnati Friday night and getting ready to head back home as we speak.

Went to the park yesterday and got in line for Fury I'd say about 4pm or so. All queues filled, even the temporary queue behind the regular line. Probably a 2+ hour wait. We went back to the hotel to catch up on sleep since we had very little before.

We went back to the park about 9pm to at least get a night ride on Fury 325. Wait time 45 minutes. We ended up riding in Row 2.

It did not disappoint. That first drop was amazing and the ride itself provided many surprises. I loved the non stop speed and different elements and to be honest I enjoyed it even more than I-305.

Definitely get down here to ride it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry we didn't see you there!! We spent Friday afternoon - closing, and Saturday opening-4 pm there. Only got 1 ride on Fury, and agreed, it did not disappoint.

Wonderful coaster, the first turn, and the dive into the tunnel after the turn around are our favorite elements, well and of course, that drop!!

Got in line at the rope drop for ERT, but had to wait an hour and 1/2 due to high winds, Hung out in line with Rustbucket, his son, and DropZone4Ever while waiting for the wind to die down. Rode the second train of the day. Great to meet fellow KIC members by accident, and pass the time while we waited.

• Like 7

Nice meeting you also. It was good 2 days of coastering this weekend. We went over to KD as well. I ran into quite a few KIC people there this week. Fury 325 is definitely up there with the best of them. Glad everyone made it back safely.

• Like 6

Looks like Carowinds is a happenin' place for KIC people.

I am very happy with a lot of what the park has done. It is a huge contrast to what it was last year. It definitely has a Cedar Point vibe at the entrance which really isn't a bad thing. I am glad the plantation house is gone.

Fury 325 is an awesome ride. I rode 4-1, but really wanted the back row. Lines were 3 hours long last Friday from what I was told.

Now they need to give Worlds of Fun some TLC.

• Like 6

Is it just me or does anyone else love watching reverse POVs too? It's so funny seeing everyone's reactions.

The guy in the red is really funny in this one, especially at the end once the ride is over.

Watching these reverse POVs also give a good indication of the forces during the ride. Just from watching it, I can tell there are definitely some strong lateral and negative gs. I really need to get down to Charlotte this summer...

• Like 3

I just wanted to share a screenshot in relation to Fury 325. One of my local news stations shared an article about Fury 325 on their Facebook page and the headline was "North Carolina Park Claims New Roller Coaster Is Highest, Fastest"

Facebook Post

And well, here's the picture to explain the interesting thing:

gigacoaster_zpszxcmk1ww.jpg

CNBC claims it is the Tallest and Fastest in the World.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153307298199369&fref=nf

• Like 3

Millennium Force is a good ride. It's all about speed and height IMO.

I-305 marries Maverick and Millennium Force to create the most intense coaster layout I've ever experienced. Good pops of air on this ride.

Fury 325 is all about speed and height. The turn before the underground dive took me by surprise and was one of the most enjoyable parts of the ride for me.

Since you have Platinum Passes, definitely ride all 3 if you can and see for yourself which one is best. For me, Fury 325 was in between Millie and I-305 in terms of intensity but all three have great experiences. Can't go wrong with either one honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I got a chance to come in from Cincinnati to ride this over the last two days. When I initially saw the animation I posted here that I thought that this coaster announcement was the biggest since Millennium Force. As it turns out it's actually much better than that!

I got six rides over the visit, two rides in each of rows 1, 3, and 8. I actually prefer the front on this coaster but I don't really believe that there's a lot of difference between any of the rows. It's a great ride in all seats. Everything that other reviewers have mentioned is spot on; there are unexpected pops of air all over the place, it keeps its speed all the way through and is very smooth. It literally has anything you want in a coaster of this size.

I went in thinking it would contend for my #1 coaster spot, and I still underestimated how good this ride is! This coaster is absolutely sensational and took my #1 spot with ease. By way of comparison - of the steel coasters located in Canada or the US ranked in the Golden Tickets last year (40 total) I've ridden all but 5 and every one in the ranked in the top 25. This is a destination coaster by any measure. Kudos to B&M and Carowinds for creating a masterpiece!

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

FullSizeRender-8.jpg

If you look to the top of the lift hill, you'll see an empty train. I can't add much more to what has already been said about the ride. It was a blast to ride and I can't wait to ride it again in June. It was absolutely worth it to drive 7.5 hours to my friend's home and then head to the park. It was a smart choice as the Sunday forecast called for rain...which it did all day.

It has been really interesting to see all the changes to this park during the last few years. Ricochet's paint job is nice! Harmony Hall was interesting as there was a guy filling ziplock bags with two meals that he had grabbed. I can safely say that was a first for me. Otherwise, we saw very little of the park on Saturday night so June will be a much longer visit for me.

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Grit Your Teeth

Bear The Load

Enjoy Your Ride

On Thunder Road!

Terp, recitin' poetry...but why?

So there is some truth to this rumor that Thunder Road is near its end?  I'm just catching wind of it myself.  I know the park has been re-tracking it, but I heard it was starting to get better...

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Grit Your Teeth

Can't Bear The Load

The coaster's gone

Was Thunder Road.

And now, next to go....

Terp, who can't and won't say more (sigh)...

Well, I just hope it's not a yellow coaster of the avian variety, formally known as a new millennium steel beast and a Trekkie...

-MDMC, heading to Carowinds in 2016

• Like 1