Carowinds will be investing $50 million in the next three years!

Check out the Live Fury325 construction cam if you have time, because it looks as if track is now being transported to the lift hill site for erection, and I'd guess, by the pattern of what they've been doing today, we might see that track erection happen soon!....Though maybe we wont see anything, my best guess is that more track is about to be installed.

...Not that you have anything better to do than possibly watch Fury325 track lifted into place..... :P

• Like 2

One thing I'd like to comment on: walking into Carowinds when Fury 325 is complete and open is going to be epic and in-your-face, as you're going to be walking straight between a massive B&M Hyper and Giga located smack dab in the front of the park...meanwhile in the back of the park everything besides their observation tower and WindSeeker will look wimpy in comparison. :P

Just imagine this picture (found via Google search) after Fury 325 is completed, for example, and you are in the parking lot...

post-9912-0-50780700-1388035501.jpg

• Like 10

Wow.......Carowinds has put some absolutely GREAT photos on their Facebook page from today of Fury325 construction.

Carowinds Amusement Park on Facebook:

"The first pieces of track are put into place that take riders racing toward the park's new front entrance."
jSxxFAw.jpg

pt8WOQq.jpg

VoJ6MvM.jpg

7MTvUhJ.jpg
"Construction crews begin putting the track pieces in place for the first drop!"

Photos : Carowinds Amusement Park via Facebook

• Like 4

And for those wondering about opening day:

Carowinds Amusement Park Thanks for the questions! While we haven't released our 2015 operating calendar yet, I can tell you that opening day 2015 will be Saturday, March 28. Hope to see you then!
And as of right now, I don't have to work!
Road trip! Whose with me?
(Obviously via Carowinds Facebook page.)
  • Like 5

It's very interesting to see the amount of work that they do on Fury325 on Saturdays, as oppose to the work that wasn't done on Banshee on Saturdays.

...And yes, I know, different situation, different crews, different state, different ride.

Although I'd like to think that this ride takes quite a bit longer to complete than Banshee, with 4,124 ft. of track vs. 6,602 ft. of track.

• Like 3

Watch out for beatles. If they've really caught on, sometimes you just have to let it be. Those really make the Spice Girls squeamish. Or could it be the ricochet from their high notes?

And come next March, I don't think they'll be born to run to Thunder Road.

Now, to bake a cake. Not Cake, but a cake.

• Like 6