Carowinds will be investing $50 million in the next three years!

I have been reading that its a speed machine with little floater air. As long as the thing stays fast i know i'll enjoy it.

Actually, this has everything. There are laterals on each turn and hill on first half, and 4 very strong air time hill in the second half. One of them is very unique. It goes from 90 degree turn into dive drop under a bridge with a floater air. There is a trim before a good floater. The air time hill after that is very strong floater / ejector air that is really, really good. The last air hill is also very good. Of course, the first drop............Oh man that drop................. It is a speed machine, but do not expect this to be Millennium Force. Fury 325 has so many more elements than MF. All of the forces (lateral, negative G, and positive G) with this ride will provide a complete coaster experience.

• Like 10

For a B&M, it looks to have some interesting elements. And one can't judge from a POV, obviously. Its looks stellar and I can't wait to ride in the next two years...I have never been to Carrowinds. But alas...ahem...it looks a little too B&M to me. Ahem. Sorry. And its not just the track style.

I want some cannibal.

• Like 1

Ah, but Son of Beast's incident was not a simple matter of valleying. There's a difference between a train simply not having the momentum, the energy to complete its course and the course tearing itself apart and taking a trainload of passengers with it.

• Like 2

Off-hand, I suspect that you'll have lots of company. Holiday weekend, spring break for many, weekend following a very cold Opening Weekend, new roller coaster.

I won't be there this week. If I make it down this spring, it would probably be over a weekend in late April or early May.

• Like 5

Wife had a fire at her spa and I had the day off friday so a last minute decision to attend the preview night was made. 7 hours of driving and an hour of traffic in Charlotte, two and a half hours wating in cold drizzle was worth it! Fury is a great coaster as expected. The laterals were unexpected and enjoyable. The drop just keeps going and the airtime in the second half are a welcome addition. The lift hill was much faster than I expected.

The only thing that I miss from Millie are the trees and tunnels. They give it a different "feel" than you get from Fury.

Went back Saturday morning to ride and waited 3 hours. Granted most of that time was waiting fo it to be warm enough to run the coaster. The comments from people in line are almost worth the wait alone. BTW, the only reason they have lockers is to pay for the coaster....

Back again this weekend with a stop at Kings Dominion on the way.

• Like 5

I rode it yesterday! (pics coming later)

It was INCREDIBLE. The speed is unbelievable, the efficiency is great, and the ride never stops moving until the brakes.

However, I was on the last train before it broke down, and had to be evacuated from the brake run just outside the station. Thankfully, none of the trains were on the lift hill yet. I can't imagine having to be evacuated from that hill...

But it's an awesome ride! The line may look long, but it moves VERY quickly.

• Like 5

CoasterForce has posted an awesome off-ride video of Fury 325 that really shows off its pure speed:

This coaster just flies...this monster is close to the top of my "Coasters I have yet to ride but really want to try out" list...and that is a BIG list since I have only been to Kings Island, Holiday World, and Indiana Beach...

• Like 10

Visited Carowinds again and rode Fury 325 again. The coaster did not feel as smooth as during the media day. It is possible due to pretty high wind though. Again, that first drop is extraordinary. I may put Leviathan drop into the tunnel is a bit better but what a drop. The lateral forces felt stronger than last week for some reason.

Interestingly, the coaster seems to scare away quite a few riders. There were many to got off the ride after seeing the coaster coming down the first hill.

• Like 4

Me and my girlfriend took a spur of the moment trip to Charlotte. Left Cincinnati Friday night and getting ready to head back home as we speak.

Went to the park yesterday and got in line for Fury I'd say about 4pm or so. All queues filled, even the temporary queue behind the regular line. Probably a 2+ hour wait. We went back to the hotel to catch up on sleep since we had very little before.

We went back to the park about 9pm to at least get a night ride on Fury 325. Wait time 45 minutes. We ended up riding in Row 2.

It did not disappoint. That first drop was amazing and the ride itself provided many surprises. I loved the non stop speed and different elements and to be honest I enjoyed it even more than I-305.

Definitely get down here to ride it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7