Favorite coaster EVER

What is your favorite?

Out of wood?

Out of steel?

And out of both? (if you can decide)

My ultimate favorite is El Toro, when its running of course, while my favorite steel is Maverick.

-Zippin Pippin

-Zippin Pippin

-The red/orange coaster next to the water at Cedar Point that starts with M

-(The fourth question is the same question as the first)

• Like 1

Of the wooden coasters I've actually ridden, I think I enjoyed The Raven most. Short and sweet.

As for steel, I'm going to say that it's a tie (for enjoyment) between Maverick (any row), Rock 'n Roller Coaster, Vortex, Flight of Fear, and Millennium Force (but only at night, ideally in front).

• Like 3

Wood: The Racer

Steel: Magnum

Overall: Racer

All time overall: Son of Beast

As you can tell I like pain and extreme airtime. Although it does not say it on this list Intamin is my favorite manufacturer with Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, Maverick, Wicked Twister, El Toro, and Ride of Steel come in close second in their respective category. That also says I enjoy unreliable death machines.

• Like 2

From my personal experience there are 3 coasters to me that are truly amazing and incredible in almost every way possible. They are Maverick, Voyage, and El Toro.

El Toro I would argue is the GREATEST amusement ride ever built.

As great a ride as El Toro is, I'd loved to have ridden Harry Traver's creations and the Rye Airplane Coaster.

It still makes me sick to know Kings Island had the Airplane plans and came THIS close to building it, but decided to build Son of Beast instead. Bigger is not always better.

Having just got home from CP, I must say Maverick in the front row during the day, back row at night. The bugs I took to the face were far greater in the front at night than in the back! Millie is a very close second, and my Magnum love is fading a bit,probably from my ride count over the years . I can't decide on a wood coaster honestly, I do love the front row of The Beast at night!

• Like 2

It seems GCI wants to build a new Rye Airplane. They made a NoLimits version and mention how much it has inspired them. Kings Island does have a nice relationship with Great Coasters right now, and could use a new wooden coaster in a few years...

Maybe if we think and wish and hope and pray it might come true.

Oh, Wouldn't it be nice.

• Like 4