New in 2014 at Cedar Point!

I'm sad about Game Day leaving, but I'm glad that Chickie's and Pete's is replacing it. I can't wait to get some CrabFries and to try out the rest of their menu. I'm also glad about the full service Starbucks, but it will probably be way overpriced. Also it's nice that Challenge Park will get some new food options. And with SlingShot, I don't think any of us are surprised since I think most of us believed the leaked info about this. I'm just surprised it will only go 62 mph. I've never been on a SlingShot ride before but I thought they were faster. Oh well, it still looks fun. I wonder how much it will cost, but I might try it at least once to see what it's like.

• Like 1

I'm sad about Game Day leaving, but I'm glad that Chickie's and Pete's is replacing it. I can't wait to get some CrabFries and to try out the rest of their menu. I'm also glad about the full service Starbucks, but it will probably be way overpriced. Also it's nice that Challenge Park will get some new food options. And with SlingShot, I don't think any of us are surprised since I think most of us believed the leaked info about this. I'm just surprised it will only go 62 mph. I've never been on a SlingShot ride before but I thought they were faster. Oh well, it still looks fun. I wonder how much it will cost, but I might try it at least once to see what it's like.

That does seem rather slow for a slingshot type ride. KI's SlingShot attraction has a top speed close to 100 mph, according to the park's website.

• Like 2

For anyone wondering, it appears Jason McClure has subtly confirmed that Cedar Point, as KI does with Surf Dog, will count Pipe Scream as a roller coaster.

From the article linked above:

“These additions show our commitment to offering our guests the best in family fun for the 2014 season,” stated Jason McClure, vice president and general manager of Cedar Point. “With a collection of 72 rides, including 17 roller coasters, three kids’ areas, live shows, unique and interesting places to eat and spend the night, Cedar Point offers something fun for everyone.”

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That video was absolute trash. If you didn't see the announcement video...save yourself.

I was hoping for a dark ride!

Maybe for 2015 they'll RMC Mean Streak. The locals hate the ride, the visitors hate the ride. Just re-vamp it already so I can ride it again.

there acting like they acting to Banshees ad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love this part of the article...

Guests will get up close and personal (without cages or boundaries) with elephants, giraffes, chimpanzees, wolves, lions, meerkats, skunks, rabbits, cows, rhinos, sea lions, black bears, seagulls, impalas, alpacas, worms, red-winged blackbirds, foxes, chickens, zebras, really angry birds, sharks, toucans, tigers, octopi, ostriches, gorillas and more.

Bananas and raw meat will be available for a nominal fee for guests who'd like to kick their thrill up a notch by feeding the animals.

In addition, an all-new musical revue will entertain guests of all ages. "Stay Away From Me, You Furry Beast!" features songs from the 60's, 70's, 80's & 90's, all with lyrics pertaining to the fear of animals.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A question I've had for a little while is what are those large, white disks? Are they for shade? Lights? Something else? I think they're ugly.

I'm not sure, but they look like water droplets to me. It was raining today. Perhaps it got windy, and some rain got on the camera.