New in 2014 at Cedar Point!

It's time..

i do and don't like the Monster redo..Glad to see an old great ride get some needed love

However, it doesn't seem so monster-ish now..

Had they just used warm white LEDs instead of cool....

This little change can make a HUGE difference. Case in point: Look at the New Fantasyland "Storybook Circus" entrance marquee during the media event and then shortly after grand opening to the public.

• 1 month later...

Posted this yesterday in the Random Discussion Thread but feels like it fits better here.

Been watching CP's SlingShot testiing with employees! This ride is so much fun to watch and it attracts quite a crowd. It's funny to watch the workers riding it when they're launched and listening to the peoples' reactions who are watching. I also found it it's planned to open on Tuesday. It will be $25 plus an optional $20 to buy your video. But I love how this ride looks in the park and how it captivates onlookers.

While I do agree that the price is steep, I will definitely try it. And again like I said before, I do love how this ride looks in the park as well as how much people love watching it run.

• Like 2

^ The price doesn't start low at Cedar Point's existing pay-per-ride attractions (at Challenge Park). I wouldn't expect any further discounts (beyond the platinum pass 10%) here.

If you want to ride it for free, my recommendation would be to try to win a Tweetup. Personally, if I were going to drop $25 at Cedar Point, it would probably not be for a SlingShot ride.

• Like 3