New in 2014 at Cedar Point!

Snapping - Controlling your speed enough to allow slack on the cables, and the subsequent noise that accompanies the 'bounce' you get when cables above the scooter snap back to tautness.

Not caused by rapid flailing of the sail, which is what some parks seem to be annoyed with moreso than actual snapping.

Example:

Here's a better example. Watch the guy in the black shirt (pretty easy to see here though):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fn2Xm3YnIA

And, for nostalgia, here's a video of the Flying Eagles at KI on the last day it operated. Sadly it's not great quality, but it still gives you a good idea of how you can snap them:

Perhaps the best snapping video I could find - this is what happens when a bunch of enthusiasts ride. This is the ride that was at KI in its current form:

• Like 3

Some questions answered about 2014.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article/online-fun/The-Answer-Key

This is my favorite non answer.

Steve Z. asks, "I was wondering if you guys were going to count Pipe Scream as a coaster. since of course the name of the ride is a Disk'o Coaster."

Ahh yes - the question of the ages. What do you guys think? :)

• Like 3

I think its great CP is getting a couple of new flats and adding some character to an area of the park I always felt was a little disorganized unlike the rest of the park. Especially the random spot where the Frog Hopper is. It just seems out of place there.

It gives me a good feeling when I see some smaller family flats being placed in such a big "thrill" park as CP. Gives me hope that someday maybe we shall see some more family oriented flats come to KI, because I know we all agree KI is desperately in need of some more flats. Not that Banshee isn't a much needed coaster for the park, but some day I'd love to see some more smaller rides put up to give that special quality a well rounded park has.

• Like 4

On Friday all zones, houses, boo hill and adult shows are available. As of last year, the following rides were open WindSeeker, Ocean Motion, Maverick, Dragster, Millennium Force, Raptor, Wicked Twister, Blue Streak, Magnum, Mean Streak, Iron Dragon, Skyhawk, Maxair, Power Tower, Dodgem, Midway Carousel, Cedar Downs, Planet Snoopy, Cadillac Cars, Matterhorn, Scrambler and Wave Swinger.

This list is for informational purposes only and may not be the same this year.

• 5 months later...

Tony tweeted the height requirements for the new rides earlier today:

Height requirements! Pipe Scream: 42" min. to ride; 42" - 48" must be accompanied by a supervising companion (responsible person).

Lake Erie Eagles: 36" min. to ride; 36" - 46" must be accompanied by a supervising companion (responsible person).