Six Flags: New for 2014

Looks like a lot and I mean alot of work left to do.

Yep- and they are saying this will be ready by June 1st...I'm hoping they don't plan to work at a frenzied pace, test very quickly, and then "unleash" the ride...because if there's only a week or so of testing, then they may not find all the problems, and should something bad happen it will look VERY bad for Six Flags and Rocky Mountain Construction after the New Texas Giant incident...

• Like 2

^
Actually, the rest of the ride has pretty much already been tracked, or at least from what I can tell from the various construction pictures...so I'm guessing there can't be too much track left to place, if any. However, you've still got electrical, testing, and all that stuff to prepare.

And by June 1st? SFGam is going to need to hurry if they hope to have this open by then, but I do hope they are at least somewhat careful...otherwise something bad might happen and someone could get hurt, which could ruin RMC after the NTG incident last year. I don't want that to happen, as RMC makes some sweet-looking rides and I would hope one day Kings Island could get one. (A brand-new coaster though- they had better leave Beast & Racer as they are, they don't need fancy topper track to run well IMO!)

• Like 2

If you like rides with sketchy maintenance placed what seems like miles from each other, animals and fishes displayed and cared for in highly suspect ways, then you'll love the place.

RE: Marineland.

Is it too late for me to correct this to rides "placed what seems like kilometers* from each other?"

That lift hill doesn't look very safe to me...

Neither do any of the Sky Screamers...

Or WindSeekers...

-Doubtful Mer

What about the lift hill, that doesn't look safe to you?

Probably the apparent lack of support structure compared to most coasters. But arches are one of the strongest shapes we can create, right engineering people? I think? Of course, a few rides with similarly unsupported hills have knott remained that way for long.

See what I did there?

• Like 3

Lol, I could see that being the reason. Yes arches are one of the strongest shapes, from what I understand that's why in the event of earthquakes they suggest you go into doorways.

I thought Skyrush did not look safe because of the lack of supports, so I could see that point.

Sent from the electronic piece of equipment known as the iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Lol, I could see that being the reason. Yes arches are one of the strongest shapes, from what I understand that's why in the event of earthquakes they suggest you go into doorways.

Also probably because doorways don't have ceilings to collapse on you. Guessing.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

^

Operations in test mode may or may not reflect actual operations after testing is complete.

Tallest and fastest in the world huh? Interesting. This is sad on so many levels. This isn't breaking news that couldn't be fact checked. This is filler! Even if you take the drop as the height it isn't even the tallest in the US, let alone the world.