YoungStud

Is surf dog considered a coaster?

Not a coaster to me but I still think it's a fun ride.  It would be nice if KI put a bigger one in the grown up section of the park.

2 hours ago, NewD4y20 said:

Not a coaster to me but I still think it's a fun ride.  It would be nice if KI put a bigger one in the grown up section of the park.

It is considered a coaster to KI. I dont think another one would come to KI. I would like to see them eventually put another coaster in Planet Snoopy.

A roller coaster is defined as: an amusement park attraction that consists of a light railroad track with many tight turns and steep slopes, on which people ride in small fast open cars. 

Surf Dog fits few of these requirements; so no.

I personally don't think it is, but don't really care if someone else wants to call it one... It's a fun ride, and that's far more important to me...

Rides like Surf Dog and the new Skyline rides like the Skywarp and Skywarp horizon definately blur the line between coaster and flat ride.  Many enthusiasts look to rcdb to decide if it couts or not.

Nope. I see it as a flat ride

I see it as both. Flat ride, do to the nature of its look and how it runs, coaster as in its a "full circuit" look at Invertigo, technically starts off and ends the same by going back and forth. I know Invertigo is a coaster, but concept wise its similar im still on the verge Surf Dog is not a coaster  but i can see both ways. :) 

On 12/27/2018 at 5:35 AM, goettablitz said:

Many enthusiasts look to rcdb to decide if it couts or not.

RCDB also considers The Voyage a wooden coaster even though its technically a hybrid in my book.

I consider it a coaster based on the fact that the model is a Zamperla Skate Coaster. I try to call it strictly a "coaster" and not a "roller coaster" though since the only reason I call it one is that the word "coaster" is in the model name

On 1/21/2019 at 7:53 PM, nicescoot said:

I consider it a coaster based on the fact that the model is a Zamperla Skate Coaster. I try to call it strictly a "coaster" and not a "roller coaster" though since the only reason I call it one is that the word "coaster" is in the model name

I also have to add that Xtreeme Skyflier's ride model is known as a Sky Coaster.