Resurrection

fanofFirehawk

Anything? I'd like the park to once again be the entertainment showplace of the Midwest, not unlike Fiesta Texas is for Six Flags in Texas.

Kings Island needs to be both a regional park and to differentiate itself nationally such that people in California have heard of Kings Island and want to go.

Cedar Point is very much The Thrill Park. Kings Island could become a great show park with something for every member of the family, including the grandparents.

1972's vision for Kings Island was down that road. The sale to Carl Lindner's Great American Finacial pretty much was the start of the end of that. Ironically, of all things, the Paramount Communications purchase was the final nail in that coffin. Sigh.

• Like 17

I would probably resurrect the Paramount Years, starting around 1996, as that is my first memory of Kings Island I have. Those were the days when the park became more of a destination to me. I can remember watching America's Greatest Roller Coaster Thrills (1994) and always just wanting to get to Kings Island and ride, ride and ride all day. But I guess it is kind of hard to resurrect a childhood, or even a childhood memory, so overall just the theming and overall environment of the park during that time.

• Like 5

My favorite ride as a kid was Smurfs Enchanted Voyage. I must have drove my parents nuts riding that over and over. I miss it and would love for my daughter to get to ride it. Ironically her favorite ride is Boo Blasters on Boo Hill. Must be something magical about the building.

• Like 6

I miss the antique cars, some of my first memories of KI are my mom and dad letting me drive! it made me feel so cool! and after going to Cedar Point I wish we still had the sky ride. I never got to ride it at Ki but I feel like it could work well even now! :) I also would have liked to have ridden King Cobra but I was too short. :(

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

-Bump-

After The Bat coming back, I thought I would re work my list.

I- KK Flume: Excellent attraction and I would like to see it back somewhere at the park.

II- Ghoster Coaster: It would fit in excellently with the new Halloweenish area in the back end of Action Zone and it could become "The Bat Jr."

III- Antiques: A classic attraction that could very well return from recent additions.

IV- Boomerang Bay: If you do not know why, see my very zealous BB posts.

V- Hannah Barberra: Classic place with many memories stuck in the old cartoons.

• Like 1