RSVP For KIC's 10th Birthday Now!

BoddaH1994

Check-in for those that RSVP by the 5pm deadline on Friday will take place after 11am at Guest Services.

Just checking, but does it mean that you can check in at any time after 11 a.m.? I'm asking to make sure because my mom and I won't be at the park until around 4. (and yes, she'll be joining KIC in the next 24 hours, so she can attend the events too. :))

^ Check your spam folder. If this is Gmail, check your non-"primary" category tabs.

If it's not there, it could be a temporary failure. Try looking again in a few hours.

If it still hasn't arrived, it could be that your e-mail provider is rejecting e-mail from KICentral's server. You might want to try registering with another e-mail address.

If all else fails, an administrator on this forum could manually confirm the account(s). Send a private message to one (or more) of them. (The active administrators are Dane, BoddaH1994, CoastersRZ, and Avatar.)

P.S. Anyone that still needs to register for an account should do so now. Waiting until the last minute may cause you to miss the 5:00pm Friday deadline, and there are no exceptions.

^ Ryan announced on Monday that only people with KICentral usernames may RSVP and attend. This includes people under 13.

Those under 13 cannot create their own accounts, per this site's terms of service to comply with COPPA. A parent or legal guardian should create and maintain this account, until the child turns 13.

You can include your children in your own RSVP e-mail, but the e-mail must include the first & last name and the KICentral username of each attendee, per the instructions in post #1. Remember that the cut-off is 5:00pm this Friday.

Malem - thanks for the responses regarding children under 13 - no disrespect, but I am looking for a moderator to respond.

Straight from the TOS - "Children should always get permission from their parents before sending any information about themselves (such as their names, email addresses, and phone numbers) over the Internet, to us or to anyone else. We won’t knowingly allow anyone under 13 to register with our site or to provide any other personally identifying information. If you’re under 13, please do not provide us with any personally identifying information about yourself (such as your name, your email address or your phone number)."

Isn't requiring everyone that wants to attend the KIC event knowingly allowing someone under 13 to register, or under the revised RSVP notice are those under 13 now not allowed? A post that stated those under 13 could attend was removed when the revised RSVP notice came out indicating everyone attending would need a KIC username. I did not see in the TOS where it states that a parent should set one up for a child under 13? Plus, one needs a valid email address (not already used) in order to activate the account, so isn't that providing "personally identifying information" for a child?

I am not trying to be difficult, but I am sure some will be ticked if they show up with kids in tow and Guest Services says "Sorry this one under 13 is not allowed to receive a lanyard and attend the events".

• Like 2

^ Ryan announced on Monday that only people with KICentral usernames may RSVP and attend. This includes people under 13.

Those under 13 cannot create their own accounts, per this site's terms of service to comply with COPPA. A parent or legal guardian should create and maintain this account, until the child turns 13.

You can include your children in your own RSVP e-mail, but the e-mail must include the first & last name and the KICentral username of each attendee, per the instructions in post #1. Remember that the cut-off is 5:00pm this Friday.

Malem - thanks for the responses regarding children under 13 - no disrespect, but I am looking for a moderator to respond.

Straight from the TOS - "Children should always get permission from their parents before sending any information about themselves (such as their names, email addresses, and phone numbers) over the Internet, to us or to anyone else. We won’t knowingly allow anyone under 13 to register with our site or to provide any other personally identifying information. If you’re under 13, please do not provide us with any personally identifying information about yourself (such as your name, your email address or your phone number)."

Isn't requiring everyone that wants to attend the KIC event knowingly allowing someone under 13 to register, or under the revised RSVP notice are those under 13 now not allowed? A post that stated those under 13 could attend was removed when the revised RSVP notice came out indicating everyone attending would need a KIC username. I did not see in the TOS where it states that a parent should set one up for a child under 13? Plus, one needs a valid email address (not already used) in order to activate the account, so isn't that providing "personally identifying information" for a child?

I am not trying to be difficult, but I am sure some will be ticked if they show up with kids in tow and Guest Services says "Sorry this one under 13 is not allowed to receive a lanyard and attend the events".

I asked whoever runs the KIC facebook page. When I asked, I mentioned that we have a 6 yr old. The answer I got back is that EVERYONE attending needs an account. SO, I took that to mean that we needed to make an account for lil' man, and we did.

• Like 3

I asked whoever runs the KIC facebook page. When I asked, I mentioned that we have a 6 yr old. The answer I got back is that EVERYONE attending needs an account. SO, I took that to mean that we needed to make an account for lil' man, and we did.

I made an account for my 2 year old because that's the way I understood it as well.

• Like 2

Ok i need an important answer too please which i saw asked but wasent answered- Do you have to be there at 11 to pickup info pack and join in? I may not be there till like 1 or 2 so please let me and others know the answer i know my kid and i and other member's have that prob and want to join in please lets us know Don or an admin. thanks

You can pick up your lanyards at guest servies any time after 11:00. Just makes sure you have it before the first activity so that you can participate.

Just remember that you must RSVP by 5:00p today (Friday) to be put on the list, you must have a KIC Username to be put on the list. Anyone not on the list will not receive a lanyard and will not be able to participate.

• Like 2

^He is big, and she does consider him sexy, but he is not the notorious Big Sexy! :lol:

And StalkerChick, to someone who doesn't know your husband, they would probably jump to the conclusion that he was banned for something he did on here, which I know that's not the case.

he don't put words in my mouth! :P but ok those that do know him knows why he's not allowed on here... but that doesn't answer my question if i can RSVP him or not... lol and i guess for those that dont know, he knows too much. I'll just go with that one lol

• Like 2

^^ The requirement to RSVP is a username on this site. It doesn't matter whether he posts or not.

If he doesn't have one and is allowed to create one, you would need to hurry. It can take awhile for new account e-mails to come through, and the deadline to RSVP is in 25 minutes.

If for any reason he can't create a username here, then he would not be able to RSVP or attend, per the requirements in post #1 of this thread.

• Like 1