Flight Of Fear holding bins

diamonbackandbeastlover

I have heard that sometimes when you are there that the ride ops won't take your stuff to the storage bins Flight of Fear has near the exits so I have been avoiding it because I have a bag I always bring but don't wanna loose it on the ride during the inversions. I am sorry if this has been posted but I couldn't find anything just about Flight of Fear. So, what do you do with your stuff when going on Flight of Fear?

Mrs. NC usually has our backpack on FoF. Earlier this season I happened to carry it on. Lack of experience with this situation made me think i could place it between my legs then close restraints. I was wrong, thankfully a quick ride op relieved me of this cargo and the train left with no delay.

• Like 4

I always bring my regular pair of glasses, and leave my old ones in the car just in case they get lost, stolen, or busted. I have an insulated souvenir cup holder that goes around my neck, and I usually wrap the necklace part around my glasses, and hand it to the ride op. If you want a ride op to take your stuff make sure there's liquid in the cup. If they take the cup I'm guessing they'll take the bag too. Just hold them out at the same time. Your odds of losing it are greater in the bin than on the ride though.

• Like 1

Well considering someone on Maverick was hit in the face with a rubber super bouncy ball and caused a subconjunctival hemorrhage--broken blood vessel, and gave him basically a black eye...

I don't know if I want to know what happens with a flip flop...

This is why I don't like loose articles on rides, especially cameras, and especially on corkscrew. Doing the math it turns a small point and shoot camera into a cinder block

• Like 1

Can't stand that stuff...

Now on the subject of flip flops on DB..I'm honestly surprised that those are required to ride DB, the only reasoning I can think is in the event of an evac, hard soled shoes are almost a needed item on those stairs.

However rides like raptor, and Gatekeeper, they are not necessary, but yet have the same principles

Very confused

The old announcement said, rather hysterically, " You may leave loose articles with an attendant. But, we are not responsible for them."

Them. The loose articles? The attendants? Both? When the lockers appeared, that announcement disappeared. Funny how that works.

This one? "Please secure all loose articles, loose articles are not permitted. You may hand articles to the attendant, but we are not responsible for them."

When was that removed? I thought I heard it last time I was there...

I always bring my regular pair of glasses, and leave my old ones in the car just in case they get lost, stolen, or busted. I have an insulated souvenir cup holder that goes around my neck, and I usually wrap the necklace part around my glasses, and hand it to the ride op. If you want a ride op to take your stuff make sure there's liquid in the cup. If they take the cup I'm guessing they'll take the bag too. Just hold them out at the same time. Your odds of losing it are greater in the bin than on the ride though.

If it can't be safe in a pocket or clipped on with a carabiner, It's not on me. I fully recommend the stylish Bubbles from "Trailer Park Boys" strappy glasses.

• Like 2

It always amazes me that 3/4 of all people in line has backpacks, especially single people. Wife, daughter and I put our backpack back in the car when we are done with Soak City.

I have my black sling backpack with me 95% of the time I go to the park. I usually carry keys, phone, sunglasses case, drink, snacks, and a sweatshirt and/or long pants (in the late fall) in it. I also ride with this on every ride, except Firehawk, Diamondback, Invertigo, Drop Tower, and Delirium. I don't ride Firehawk often due to the bag policy, I unfortunately take a risk on Diamondback, and there's little chance if it being stolen on those other there rides. Now with the new storage bins I feel a little safer while riding...:/

I've never known any park employee, past or present, to use the bins. The park gets many, many lost and found reports each operating day.

Over the years, I've read many accounts of losses by just the members here. A great many are from the water park, but by no means all.

The park itself attempts to disclaim liability for losses from the bins, and posts prominent warnings saying so.

Expensive lockers do a brisk business. The price keeps going up and up, indicating high demand. (I remember when they were 25 cents).

There's a lesson in there somewhere.

• Like 3