Flight Of Fear holding bins

diamonbackandbeastlover

There is money to be made in them thar lockers. If not there, it will be somewhere else, as in higher tickets, season passes, more upcharges, etc.

This way, those who choose to bring a bunch of stuff to the park bear the expense of storing it or the risk of loss. Don't want to risk losing your stuff or pay for storing it? Don't bring it.

I don't bring stuff. Why should I have to share in the cost of "free" lockers?

• Like 4

When I rode Flight of Fear last, they were holding loose articles, including bags and souvenir cups. At Firehawk they wouldn't even let me in line with a souvenir cup, yet were allowing guests to help themselves to the employee water. The line was quite short that day, but given the typical Firehawk lines, I cannot imagine why they won't hold souvenir cups on Firehawk.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4

Cargos, yes.

Bags, no!

I just don't get it.

What could one possibly need in a theme park to have to bring a book bag?

Everything I need can easily fit in my cargo pockets. Wallet, phone, and keys. Sometimes, I don't even bring my phone into the park.

If I have to bring something in, like a sweat shirt, I put it in a locker by WWC, and leave it there until I need it.

Also, not sure why it is so difficult to wear flip flops on Diamondback. I have ridden Diamondback over 1,100 times, most have been with flip flops. When I plan to ride something like Invertigo (or next year, Banshee) I wear sandals or tennis shoes. I refuse to walk bare foot on the rides or ride platforms.

• Like 2

well if they raised prices and provided lockers te lines would go faster too because there won't be constant fighting to get into the storage bins on like diamond back and rides that have them and long lines. I also noticed that on stunt coaster which I don't mind bringing stuff on that, there are bins but they won't let people leave stuff behind as they ride...

When we go as a family, we'll take one light bag for the whole family. We hook our souvenir cups to it and it works well enough that we don't have to worry about losing our cups. Only do that half the time though. Once we've gotten our money's worth out of the cups, though, we leave the bag and cups in the car and just buy a paper cup when we want pop and get countless cups of ice water throughout the day. That way we can just ride and go! :D

• Like 1

well if they raised prices and provided lockers te lines would go faster too because there won't be constant fighting to get into the storage bins on like diamond back and rides that have them and long lines. I also noticed that on stunt coaster which I don't mind bringing stuff on that, there are bins but they won't let people leave stuff behind as they ride...

The bins on BLSC are positioned in a difficult place that pretty much forces the crew to take them and put them in the bins for riders; so most of the time people take whatever they have with them probably because they don't notice that they are on the same side of the track, just back where the train exits.

That being said I've noticed people handing bags/stuffed animals and the like to the Ops.

Just have to be quick about it as they check restraints. Although I'm like most and never have anything loose anyway - unless my wife is with me and then it's just a small bag/cup that she holds on to and it works out well to step through the strap and place it on the floor.

Then again I've yet to get her on any of the "big boy" rides where it could be an issue. Maybe that's why she always says no. ;)

• Like 1

Once I stopped carrying things with me, I've had more fun in the park.

Your hair is going to get messed.

If I get cold, I can buy a sweatshirt in the park.

I don't drink enough to buy a souvenir cup, besides, there's no souvenir coffee cup.

I don't smoke more than three smokes a visit,

and my cash easily fits in a waterproof smokes case.

It's a case of seeing light in the darkness, something got stolen, I stopped carrying things. Now I have fun with messy hair, and don't bother to go swimming. My life changed for the better,

• Like 3

I stuff everything into my cargo shorts...which really isn't much: cell phone, money and any other emergency items like Advil or what have you...

My keys hang off my belt loop on a metal clip,

On the note of people's stuff flying off rides...last time I was at Cedar Point, I took a very back seat ride on Millie for my first ride on it for the day, and nearly caught someone's hat...

I was thinking how cool that would have been to catch it...but then I was irritated that anyone would be that senseless to wear a hat on a ride that is as high and fast as Millie...then again I see no point on wearing a hat on ANY ride because no matter how safe you think it might be, I can assure you that right gust of wind will prove it won't be!

• Like 1

Cargo shorts are a nice option if you're a dude... but we females aren't so lucky. I just take a drawstring bag. As much of a pain it is, I can't imagine not bringing it. I'm always the one who drives, so I have to take my keys. My phone. My wallet. Unfortunately, there's no simple way to carry all these. Giant backpacks, though? There's absolutely no need for that.

I always get a locker over by FoF if the wife isn't with me to hold my things. The new lockers are fantastic and well worth the money. I'm very paranoid about losing my keys, wallet, or phone when I go on anything.

As for inside FoF I thought they had a hold area to the left of the station. Just walk over, put your things in and pray nobody takes them.

On the note of people's stuff flying off rides...last time I was at Cedar Point, I took a very back seat ride on Millie for my first ride on it for the day, and nearly caught someone's hat...

I was thinking how cool that would have been to catch it...but then I was irritated that anyone would be that senseless to wear a hat on a ride that is as high and fast as Millie...then again I see no point on wearing a hat on ANY ride because no matter how safe you think it might be, I can assure you that right gust of wind will prove it won't be!

When we went Friday Aug. 23rd, got on Diamondback with a couple guys Mrs.NC works with. As we dropped down the second hill we could see objects in the air, about the time someone yelled "change!!" what I believe was a nickel bounced off my sunglasses. I was quite happy that I had them on, as the impact was quite noticeable. I can only guess how bad it would have hurt without them.

• Like 1

I sometimes take a backpack with me to the park. I'll take my backpack on coasters that have enclosed trains such as Beast, Vortex, FoF, etc. I have never had any trouble riding with my backpack on these types of coasters. I put my bag between my legs and hold onto it with both hands. It never feels like it's going to fall out, even in the loops and corkscrews. I don't like to chance the holding bins if I don't have to. I feel pretty safe and confident holding onto my own stuff. Now Diamondback, Firehawk, etc. are a different story.

When we went Friday Aug. 23rd, got on Diamondback with a couple guys Mrs.NC works with. As we dropped down the second hill we could see objects in the air, about the time someone yelled "change!!" what I believe was a nickel bounced off my sunglasses. I was quite happy that I had them on, as the impact was quite noticeable. I can only guess how bad it would have hurt without them.

I got hit in the shoulder with a coin this year while on Diamondback, but it was on one of the airtime hills after the break run, so it wasn't horribly painful. I can't imagine taking one to the dome on the first drop.

• Like 1

Happy that you were wearing glasses, to deflect the impact. I hope that the 'Change" incident wasn't on purpose.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...