What do you picture when someone says "roller coaster"?

ThatGuy11

Two-bench PTC cars. The presence of headrests and the color of the cars tends to change from day to day. And if the person saying the words is in/from Ohio and doesn't know much about roller coasters, I tend to think of Top Thrill Dragster, because chances are it's going to be part of the conversation eventually.

^ Ordinarily, I don't think I'd think of TTD much. I work in an office with several people who consider amusement parks something you visit once every decade or so. Talking coasters with them almost always results in discussing Cedar Point, which turns into "what's the biggest ride there", which turns into "have you ridden it". I don't think they see much point in riding anything else once you've ridden the tallest and fastest coasters. They don't seem to see the attraction in going to places like Holiday World, apart from the amenities included with admission. (Once I started going to places like Conneaut Lake, Waldameer, and Camden Park, I think they gave up trying to understand why I go to the parks I go to.)

If it's any consolation: if I start thinking about coasters spontaneously, I tend to think of CCI. Sooner or later, I usually start thinking of NAD. Lately, thinking of NAD tends to lead to me thinking about the lights on the front of Century Flyers and how they could be protected from breaking (if that was actually the problem with them, which is what I've read.) If it weren't for the fact that GCI, The Gravity Group, and PTC have the market basically saturated with one-bench, articulating wooden coaster cars (not to mention that PTC has the patent to the design), I'd love to design a modern equivalent of Century Flyers.

• Like 1

Funny. I'd never think of TTD unless someone mentions it specifically.

NAD trains. PTC three bench trains with flip down single position bars. And a big old brake lever.

Or a Galaxi.

Yep. I'm old.

It's official.

I've never ridden a Galaxi...

Yep. I'm young.

• Like 3

NAD trains. PTC three bench trains with flip down single position bars. And a big old brake lever.

Or a Galaxi.

Yep. I'm old.

It's official.

Yep. I'm young.

Oh you just had to go and be thatguy didn't you...lol.

• Like 5

Or a Galaxi.

Yep. I'm old.

It's official.

Yep. I'm young.

Oh you just had to go and be thatguy didn't you...lol.

Yes, yes I did.

• Like 5

Hmm...I think I did a topic like this once, but eh, oh well- you're new here (under 100 posts) so I can just deal with it.

I typically think of the old classic wooden coasters, actually...or if I think of specific coasters, The Beast pops into my head. For steel, an image of the old-fashioned arrow looping coasters is usually the first thing that comes up.

And that's it for me...

• Like 1

Hmm...I think I did a topic like this once, but eh, oh well- you're new here (under 100 posts) so I can just deal with it.

I typically think of the old classic wooden coasters, actually...or if I think of specific coasters, The Beast pops into my head. For steel, an image of the old-fashioned arrow looping coasters is usually the first thing that comes up.

And that's it for me...

I used search and didn't see anything so yeah...