Pride Night: Septemeber 6th, 2013

DJSkyFoxx

Ended up leaving home around 4:30PM after checking over my car and filling up my tank. Played some music and chatted with my lovely lady and just enjoyed the drive there. I don't really mind the near two hour drive to the park personally. We did hit slow moving traffic on 275 near Sharonville and I was getting rather irritated. I get claustrophobic in jammed traffic ( and angry because I buy premium gas and I hate burning it up in slow to non moving traffic! )

Anyways, we finally made our way closer to 71 North and made it to the park around 6:40 which isn't too bad. I was just happy to be out of the traffic jam and parked inside the park so I could get out and stretch!

We made our way up to the park and filled out the contest slip to win a VIP pass to media day for Banshee. ( I didn't win this, but hey, I thought it was cool there was an opportunity to win! ) My girl wanted some coffee so we walked over to Starbucks and remidied that.

After a brief coffee break, we started our day on Diamondback. The station was EMPTY. It was amazing! It was going rather slow as there was barely anyone on the train, so we got off and rode it again. I mean, why not? Two front seat rides both funny enough on the red train without a wait couldn't be beat!

We then decided to go hit up The Beast, but it was down so then we walked over to Vortex. It was only on two train operation so there was a slight bit of a line, but not much of one to worry about. We waited about 15mins for the front. This is sadly the first ride I've taken on Vortex all season. I hope to get more on it before the season is out. I really can't even remember why the previous three visits I've had to the park I've missed out on it but oh well.

After that, we went over to Flight of Fear. I haven't ridden it all season either but I know that I usually try to avoid X-Base since its always a mess. This one had the longest wait at 45mins or so, but we mananged to snag the front seat on it as well. I will note that it felt rather strange riding it this time compared to previous years. I noticed it seemed rather sluggish after the MCB's and that the car felt rather...shaky..not the chasis themselves, but the fiberglass body felt like it was shaking...I have never experienced this before and it made me a little uneasy as this did not feel normal. My girl also noticed this too...has anyone else ever experienced or noticed this before?

We headed over to The Beast since it was getting dark for a night ride. There was maybe a 20min wait. We got the middle row of the first car and had an awesome ride! It's truly amazing how this coaster is just another kind of animal in the dark. It truly was meant to be experienced in the night. It has been over three years since I've had one of these amazing Beast night rides so I was really happy to get to do that again.

Drop Tower also go a night ride from us and it was incredible! Yet another ride I haven't done at night in a very long time so I was pleased to get to experience it again. I love seeing the city all lit up from that height. My girl on the other hand isn't a fan of the ride, but yet she will still ride it anyways. I believe she refuses to be concured by it haha. We were both getting a bit chilly by then. I personally did happen to forget to bring a jacket or hoodie and my girl had her jacket out in my car but didn't feel like walking back out to go get it, so we both ended up getting those super awesome black hoodies with the Kings Island rainbow print on it.

By that time, we were hungry so we decided to grab some LaRosa's in Rivertown since we wanted to do Diamondback and The Beast a few more times before the night was over. We rode Diamondback again in the front, this time at night with a full train, and still a short line! It was definately going a lot faster at this time which made for a much better ride experience. Got that much desired air time! Ran over and did The Beast again. We waited about a half hour for the same seat we had eariler and again, can't quite express how much night rides on this classic are just aces. At that point, there was maybe another fifteen or so minutes left of the park being open so we ran over and did Diamondback in the front once more. ( If one cannot tell, the front seat is my fav place on a coaster if I can help it by not having to wait too terribly long! Haha. )

After that, we headed out to the car holding hands and smiling.

This was probably one of the best visits I've ever had at the park because everyone was so friendly and talkative in the lines, the staff seemed super relaxed and happy. It wasn't clustered with rude people and of course the short to non-existent lines were a huge plus.

Might I also add that yes, I found adult shoes for this occassion that light up and glow in the dark and I got compliments on them :D

Thank you for reading!

-*^DJ Sky Foxx^*-

• Like 7

I heard that a lot about FOF as well, but when I rode it, it was just inside the space ship and not too bad. Still better than a normal operating day.

Flight Deck -1 train

Beast - 2 trains

Vortex - 2

FOF - 2

DB - 3

AE - 2

My ride count.

Beast - 2

DB - 8

Vortex - 1

AE - 2 (RERIDE!)

FOF - 1

FD - 1

Delirium - 1

Seeker - 1

Customer service was lacking in comparison to previous Pride Nights. People just seemed like they didn't want to be there.

The driver on Delirium was rather happy she got to work.

"People fight over who gets to work this night." she said as our restraints were being checked.

Rivertown Pizza employees were the next best after the Delirium crew!

• Like 4

Nice report. I am surprised the wait was so long for FoF. I figured everything would have been a walk on.

Thank you very much! I really didn't take too many pictures as I wish I would have, but it seemed most of the time I wanted to get coaster/sky pictures I was on a ride and I didn't want to disobey the rules of having my phone out.

I heard that a lot about FOF as well, but when I rode it, it was just inside the space ship and not too bad. Still better than a normal operating day.

Flight Deck -1 train

Beast - 2 trains

Vortex - 2

FOF - 2

DB - 3

AE - 2

My ride count.

Beast - 2

DB - 8

Vortex - 1

AE - 2 (RERIDE!)

FOF - 1

FD - 1

Delirium - 1

Seeker - 1

Customer service was lacking in comparison to previous Pride Nights. People just seemed like they didn't want to be there.

The driver on Delirium was rather happy she got to work.

"People fight over who gets to work this night." she said as our restraints were being checked.

Rivertown Pizza employees were the next best after the Delirium crew!

This was actually my first Pride Night, but I can believe you on that. I will agree with you that the RT pizza employees were super friendly and sweet and that made it slightly less painful for me to fork over $23 for some grub lol