New for 2004(Let's Guess)

Darren Mullins

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everytime I have been to Cedar Point thier employees have rocked. They are very nice, and almost always willing to talk. The best crew though is Mantis's crew. They have been the best every year I go there. They read the stats of the ride and they always say funny things. I think Cedar Points ops. are much better.

WELCOME BACK RIDERS, HOW WAS YOUR RIDE? And they give you all of the stats of the rides, right when you are boarding the train.

Ever rode Beast at night? Everytime I have ridden it the ops are running checking restraints and the guy in the booth is getting people screaming and having fun. While in line, not one train sat in the brake run, they were in the station and out, without even having one wait. While the crew did ask the riders how their ride was, they didn't read off the stats; they were seeing how loud the train could scream!

Ever rode Beast at night? Everytime I have ridden it the ops are running checking restraints and the guy in the booth is getting people screaming and having fun. While in line, not one train sat in the brake run, they were in the station and out, without even having one wait. While the crew did ask the riders how their ride was, they didn't read off the stats; they were seeing how loud the train could scream!

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

Either someone works at PKI or has a bias for PKI. Either way, I have to agree. Most of PKI's staff are not vary sociable. And it really tict me off when PKI was building Tomb Raider and I would ask the ride opps what was going in that spot and they would give me some stupid answer like a five hundred foot tall coaster or something odd like that. If they were just trying to get me more hyped up, all they really did was annoy me/

There are some associates that make us all look bad, and I'm sure you all have seen one of two of those who I am talking about. People don't pay 35 dollars to get in, and ridiculous prices for food to feel like they're inconvienencing you when they go to get their food or when they go to get on the ride. It embarrasses me when I see associates treating guests bad and not being polite, because I know then that the guest will have had a bad experience and as such take that into account when they are considering buying other things, or when they consider whether or not to come back. I do know, though, that 85% of our associates are friendlier than 85% of Kentucky Kingdom's associates. I would wear a paper bag over my head if I worked there.

Me and my family were going to go to Kentucky Kingdom. Then I went to their website. They have like 3 rollercoasters. Six Flags sucks. Greezed Lightning is probably the worst and simplest roller coaster, EVER. I have never been on a shuttle loop, but I can tell you they look boring.

Chang wasn't great. I love the layout, and it's smooth, but the restraints kill. And all that hype that CCI gets about it's coasters is not found on the Twisted Twins. Apparantly they haven't heard of banking the turns. Horrible coaster. T2 was a good ride, a little rough, but the best Vekoma I've ridden, even though it ate my glasses. It was an alright park, but I can see a million ways it could be better. I find PKI to be much more polished and professional, as well as an all around better park with better rides.

Okay back to Kings Island for 2004.

Old West Theme Area in Rivertown

Saloon Show

Western Shops & Crafts

Train Ride Improvements, more theming & rock slide attraction

Sorry that was 1983 but thought I have some fun.

Edited by WildCat

Guest Designerbuilder

I don't see any H20 for PKi in 2004. I don't really like waterparks there really is no fun in them. So you get wet thats not fun thats just getting wet. There waterpark is fine they need a coaster or they are gonna be in deep crap next year. I'm hoping for a hypercoaster or giga, otherwise when I got back to Ohio next year I will not be visiting PKI i will go to Cedarpoint or Sixflags Worlds Of Adventure. Chris Pki has layed low for 3 years without a major coaster if they make this one there fourth they will not get any money or guests.

Edited by Designerbuilder

Don't get me wrong i won't a coaster just like the rest of us but i don't see it next year. Maybe somthing Big in 2005 But i dont think there will be anything major this year just alot of little thing or somthing. The park needs a coaster and PKI knows that attendance has been low. Maybe in '05. But it would be great for the park to suprise us with an awsome coaster.

Anyone who doesn't see more to Water Works than getting wet hasn't seen it all. At the far south end of the water park, by the wave pool, sits Wipeout Beach. Yes, it's a fake wave, but you actually have to develop skills to ride it, unlike most other attractions. YOU control your ride.

The regulars there are mostly friendly, tho we have our share of attitudes in line. If you put forth some effort, someone will eventually give you some tips on how to ride.

This ride was introduced when I had decided I wasn't going to renew my pass the upcoming year. I changed my mind because of it and the friends I made there. You can also come to the park alone and feel totally comfortable being there. It's a great attraction and I hear the PKI is looking to expand that attraction as well as the Children's Pool (Bucaneer Ship) area.

Guest Designerbuilder

I just don't see any point in the Waterpark getting expanded. I want a hypercoaster or Cedar Point will be getting all my attention.

i think a new coaster is needed for 2004. The last 3 years they've been flats and a family coaster. This park needs a signature steel coaster, they don't have one and need one badly. PC has Top Gun: The Jet Coaster, PKD has Hypersonic and Volcano, PGA has Stealth, PCW can call their signature Top Gun. What do we have? Really nothing, FoF is the big one, but not as big as the coasters at the other parks. We've got the woodies, but now we need a big steel.

I don't see any H20 for PKi in 2004. I don't really like waterparks there really is no fun in them. So you get wet thats not fun thats just getting wet. There waterpark is fine they need a coaster or they are gonna be in deep crap next year. I'm hoping for a hypercoaster or giga, otherwise when I got back to Ohio next year I will not be visiting PKI i will go to Cedarpoint or Sixflags Worlds Of Adventure. Chris Pki has layed low for 3 years without a major coaster if they make this one there fourth they will not get any money or guests.

Cry me a River!!! so what if PKI doesnt get a STEEL COASTER for 2004 maybe there stayin low for 2004 so 2005 will be bring a HUGE STEEL.... i hope PKI does do something with WaterWorks i like waterworks they do need to spice it up a bit i wouldnt mind seeing a somethings new in 2004 only in waterworks ...i dont think a Steel coaster is needed for 2004...80% of PKI's guests are local anyway...Plus Tomb raider was huge Release...so i think we will have to wait until 2005 to see a coaster

i think a new coaster is needed for 2004. The last 3 years they've been flats and a family coaster. This park needs a signature steel coaster, they don't have one and need one badly. PC has Top Gun: The Jet Coaster, PKD has Hypersonic and Volcano, PGA has Stealth, PCW can call their signature Top Gun. What do we have? Really nothing, FoF is the big one, but not as big as the coasters at the other parks. We've got the woodies, but now we need a big steel.

To bad The Beast and Son of Beast puts them all to shame when it comes to recognition.

Seems to me from reading these posts is that most everyone wants a new steel coaster. I couldn't agree more. Think about this...the last time PKI put in a new major coaster, CP has put in three. I believe for PKI it was Son of Beast. CP has put in Millenium Force, Wicked Twister, and now Top Thrill Dragster. I'm not saying that PKI needs to put one in every year, but they need one soon. Whether people admit it or not, they are in direct competition with CP. And, what better to attract more people than a new coaster. There's not half the hype or buzz when you just put in a new flat ride.

Guest Designerbuilder

Green ghost listen to yourself you sound like a nagging wife. When we get a a little merry-go-round for 2004 and no one goes to kingsisland then don't come crying to me.

When we get a a little merry-go-round for 2004 and no one goes to kingsisland then don't come crying to me.

Why would anyone cry to you. Like you are going to change anything. If they are building somthing BIG think we would have seen somthing by now.

Edited by chris pki fan

they may be in competition with CP, but CP seems sooo much more crowded. I just got back today from CP, and just dragster has more people then all the ki coaster lines added up...and CP is so much more fun...too bad they wont build a dragster kind of ride, personnally that was the best ride ever by far. And so much excitement around it, even when its broke down theres hundreds who lay there all day [me being one of them]. I wish KI would have that excitement...who knows

Kings Island wants to make a park that's fun for everybody, even those who don't like, or are afraid of coasters. CP seems to take a different approach. While both seem to be working, CP seems to be directed toward a certain type of person. PKI will get a nice big steel some day, just wait it out. They know what they're doing.

Let's see here...will pki get a steel one day? Yep, probably world class, possibly world's best. Why? Because they aren't stupid, they don't go for quantity, they go for quality. CP has destroyed themselves land wise by building all of these coasters, but that's ok for them, because they've already got the rest of their park built up. With 133 years, that's what'll happen. PKI is just 31 and can compete with them? Yep, that's pretty amazing. We even had our own little animal safari, before Worlds of Adventure got their animal park. Our water park is free, and it's really a good layout with plenty of possibility for expansion. What I'm saying is, you build a park like a house. Foundation first, flats, places to eat, benches, variety of attractions, then you put up large attractions and coasters, the structure of that house. But the house will fall without a good foundation. PKI's building their foundation. They make money because they are for families, thrill riders are in families. Snake, your off by a longshot. They're not going to stop building thrill rides, TR:TR is a thrill ride, just not very intense. We've got The Beast, a legendary coaster. The best of the best. CP can't take that away from PKI. You want cheap thrills without thought, go to CP, it's a great park for coasters. But if you want an experience, great theming, dark rides, flatrides, cinci food, and quality coasters, go to PKI. When PKI hits their 133rd anniversary, I'd like to think if they keep with the stride their in, they'll be on top.

i dont think theyll be going world class any time soon. And i doubt anything comparing to CP will come soon either. CP hasnt destroyed themselves at all, their rides take up so little space, like Millennium and Dragster, mill. goes over everything and dragster is small. Besides, are you suggesting they shouldnt have built that many coasters? Then what would be special about it and how would they be successful?

also

PKI's coaster quality isnt half as good as CP's in my opinion. Son of Beast isnt very special, its mostly going in giant circles. Beast is nice, the trim braking hurt it some though, and it still doesnt compete with a major CP coaster. Wicked Twister > Face Off. KI has better flat rides, but they dont attract near as much of a crowd. FoF is ok, still not comparing to raptor. The one ride they have that not many parks have is Vortex. You dont see a regular steel that big [looping]. Still, CP still has Dragster and Millennium and raptor which havent been compared with anything at KI. Even Mantis and Wicked Twister... Cedar Point wants admission from coaster lovers, PKI is the family park. Thats how it is, and you should definetly not say probably worlds best, or even Yep they will for that matter. You dont know anything, and theres absolutely no sign it will happen. They havent dont anything in a while, yes, but just because you want it doesnt mean it iwll happen. I still think theyll build a steel, but an overall descent one, not world class