Cedar Point park rules?

Hey I am going to CP for the first time in 3 years in a few weeks and really need to be informed on some park rules.

1. What is their bag holding policy? IE what rides can you leave them in the station, what rides do you have to take them with you, what rides do you have to get a locker? I want to take my camera, but not sure I want to leave it in a locker all day, b/c I want to get tons of photos, but I also don't want to risk anything happening to it. Do they have locks on their bins like KI does on many of their bins? What about Shoot the Rapids? Do they have lockers in the area where I can lock it up for an hour or two, or would I be best taking a trash bag?

2. Sunglasses. Can I wear them? Do I need a glasses strap? I have sensitive eyes when it comes to sunlight and bright light and really don't want to have to take them off on every ride and miss out on all the great views.

I really don't remember my 2010 trip. I went up there on a Saturday in July for five hours or so with my church group and didn't get to ride much, and have sadly since lost all the pics. I know a lot has changed since then, anyways, so if someone would be so kind as to inform me of those things I would appreciate it :) I'm leaving Sept. 27th and spending Friday evening/night at the park and all of Saturday Sept. 28th :)

You can wear glasses with a strap.

Shoot the Rapids is, as far as I know, still closed.

Ok so I need to get a glasses strap. I forgot about the STR incident. I will have to see what other water rides are there :)

TTD and MF has no loose articles. Have your man hold your stuff if he's a non rider.

He's not going. He chose not to request off work bc someone else in my dept. already requested the same day off and they only let two people per department off at the same time, and he wants me to be able to go. Do they have bins?

Even if its in the 60's or 70's in the heat of the day it cools off quick round 4 or so in the fall.

I think I'm spoiled by the crazy Cincinnati weather where it's September and I'm still going on water rides to cool off lol. 60s and 70s plus wind will make me cold indeed!

Ah, I remember my first Halloweekends. Went with sister and her fiancee's family. Made big claims about staying until they closed at midnight or whatever, ate some food at Famous Dave's or whatever that place on the marina is called, came out of there, and the moment that wind started blowing, hoo boy, had to put on about 5 extra coats.

• Like 1

Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster do not allow loose articles in line; hourly lockers are available nearby at both rides ($1/hour, minimum 2 hours). Iron Dragon does not allow you to leave anything in the station; you must take everything with you (it can ride at your feet safely). I believe all others have bins. I know Maverick's bins have locks, but I don't know about any of the others.

Sunglasses can be worn on all rides, though about 6 to 8 rides require a tight-fitting strap to do so (TTD and a few others with high speeds and/or strong acceleration).

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

• Like 2

As of Sunday the only water ride open was Snake River Falls. Shoot the Rapids was definitely closed no activity there just some dummies on a boat or two. A couple years ago it had been open the second weekend of October. Dragster was closed much of Sunday due to wind so if it's windy and you see it open ride it. BTW I'll mention on Saturday played the Plinko game and won two exit passes for Gatekeeper $5 for 2 pucks and I played 2 times. Each pass is good for 2 people. On the main midway there was another Plinko game but had a 4 pack for Millennium Force, TTD, Maverick, Gatekeeper sadly I missed that one til later. Didn't matter much though lines we're pretty short. Now Halloweekend lines were horrid except on Sundays which are bearable.

• Like 1

The all day lockers are not bad just $1 an hour I always get ones by Gatekeeper since I pass it coming in and going out. I believe the only way to use them is with a credit card/debit card.

Also sky hawk has been closed most of this year. Not sure if its running now or not but I don't think it is.

And when they say strict about bags in line they mean it. They will not let you into the ques for Mf, Ttd or Gatekeeper with loose articles.

I know Maverick's bins have locks, but I don't know about any of the others.

I don't know what it's like at Kings Island, but all the bins lock at Cedar Point. I don't remember it always being that way though.

I think most of the rides with multiple trains now have locking bins, except Adventure Express. That was something new they did this year. If it was just my bag I would risk it but this is a camera and lenses, so I am not willing to take the risk of leaving it in a bin that doesn't lock :)

I've seen a fair share of inner city people while at CP. The last few visits haven't been bad, but on one of my earlier trips in the year my family was like "Whoa." Definitely a rougher crowd that day. I have nothing at all against people like that, and I'm glad they're getting to enjoy the world's best amusement park, but sometimes their behavior can be questionable. Again, I'm not trying to be rude to, offend, or stereotype anybody since I'm completely against that, but I'm just saying what I've experienced.

• Like 2

Despite the fact that CP caters to Cleveland and Detroit.

Oh, the irony.

Most people who are thieves don't have enough money to afford a trip to Cedar Point...

Thieves? Drug dealers do...and they get much of it from being less than honest. Detroit dealers make their way to Huntington, WV (Marshall U) and Eastern Kentucky...they can and do get to Sandusky, Ohio.

• Like 4

I've seen a fair share of inner city people while at CP. The last few visits haven't been bad, but on one of my earlier trips in the year my family was like "Whoa." Definitely a rougher crowd that day. I have nothing at all against people like that, and I'm glad they're getting to enjoy the world's best amusement park, but sometimes their behavior can be questionable. Again, I'm not trying to be rude to, offend, or stereotype anybody since I'm completely against that, but I'm just saying what I've experienced.

That is EVERY operating day at KI.

• Like 1