KIC 10th Birthday Bash VTR/PTR by IndyGuy4KI

IndyGuy4KI

So, I got up at 6:15 got in the shower and got ready for my full day of KI and my KIC friends! Got out the door right around 7AM. Stopped at MacDonald's for some breakfast, so I really did not get on the road till about 7:10. It takes 2 hrs exactly from my driveway to KI's parking lot. I got there right at 9:05, but the McDonald's I stopped at is 5 min from my house!

Pulled in to a pretty empty lot, so I was happy to see that. I found the rest of the KIC'ers that had already started to gather up by guest services! We chatted there till it was time for ERT. Most of us got on the 3rd train of the day and got 2 rides in before the park opened for the day. ERT was quite busy. I think they really need to bring back the hour ERT. So many more people have passes now and comne to ERT a lot more it seems and the lines get big quick.

We made our way to The Beast. The group decided we aught to head to X-Base before it gets to busy. When we got over there they had just opened up the FH queue so we got right on for like the second train of the day. After that we hit FOF which was about a 10 minute wait. It was then 11 AM and time to go get our passes at Guest Services. We meet a whole bunch of new people and saw a few people that we had not ever meet or not seen in a long time.

A bunch of us decided to head to Action Zone for a ride on Drop Tower. Great view of the park, but those Intamin restraints are a pain. We then headed to Flight Deck. After that is was getting very hot out and some of us wanted to cool off on Congo Falls! The rest of the group wanted the entertainment of seeing us getting wet on the ride. The canons got us pretty good so we were pretty soaked. It was time to go through the lights on Tour of Cavern of Terror, but we decided to stop at Viking Furry for a ride first.

After a walk through of COT we got some shots of DB.

IMG_20130908_123719_934_zpsd1e9d717.jpg

IMG_20130908_123803_401_zps2b0d301c.jpg

IMG_20130908_123723_949_zpse28e8336.jpg

It seems like this should be a puzzle or something! :lol: My favorite shot of the day!

IMG_20130908_123850_113_zps1c580607.jpg

After that we decided to go to the Reds Hall of Fame Grille to cool off for Lunch! There were 10 of us together at this point. At one time or another we had about 15 people in our group. We then headed to the sun was out tour of Wolf Pack. On the way there we stopped at Racer, then AE and saw who the AE crew has named Mr. Beaver. I would have picked the name Dr. Johnny Fever, but that is just me!

IMG_20130908_144426_910_zpsf4cb6371.jpg

We went on the Wolf Pack tour and was getting quite hot again, so we went on CF again. We did not get quite as hot this time. Then some of us got on Delirium. After that we were waiting on the Banshee and DB tours! With all the pictures I took at these two sites I made a video of them instead of posting 75 pics on this post. I hope you enjoy!

After the tours we hit up Vortex, WS, then DB before the Q&A with Don Helbiig. I want to thank Ryan for bringing up and remembering Keith Harrison during the Q & A time. It is moments like these that we need to remember these special events, friendships with one another, and enjoy the park to the fullest!

After the Q&A session we headed to The Beast for the final ride of the Summer season! Wow, it was running great that night!

It was great seeing and meeting new KIC'ers! All in all, an awesome day at KI! Another thank you to KI for having us and KIC for a great event.

• Like 13

Apparently my name was drawled first for the Banshee media pass... I left the park after the Diamondback tour.

That stinks, Don said since everyone who signed up was in the bucket, not just people who attended, so he was going to pull a name til he got someone who was present.

Apparently my name was drawled first for the Banshee media pass... I left the park after the Diamondback tour.

That stinks, Don said since everyone who signed up was in the bucket, not just people who attended, so he was going to pull a name til he got someone who was present.
that's okay I'm not too disappointed hopefully whoever was drawled wanted it more than i did. It was just ironic i was thinking to myself before i left that with my luck i would be the first one drawled.
  • Like 2

EDIT: At 7:48 what is that clicking sound on Diamondback.

That is the part of the ride that tries to shake your teeth out that some say does not exist.

The distinct clicking is the chain dogs and anti roll back devices reacting to the up and down direction changes. At 8:14 you hear "click click"? Those are chain dogs and anti roll back devices making that sound.

You can hear the distinct B&M chain dog sound demonstrated in thie SheiKra video.