Smoothing vortex.

thoe124

I was very surprised at how smooth Phantoms Revenge was, the transitions were as smooth as a B&M (other than the airtime). As much as I would love to see Vortex get the same treatment I think we all know that will never happen.

Couldn't agree more. I was amazed at Phantom's Revenge, I kept expecting each turn to hurt. I was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed that coaster.

• Like 2

I was very surprised at how smooth Phantoms Revenge was, the transitions were as smooth as a B&M (other than the airtime). As much as I would love to see Vortex get the same treatment I think we all know that will never happen.

Agreed, Phantom's Revenge was a very great ride and I'd ride that numerous times over Vortex.

• Like 4

Many things improve with age. I drove a new 2013 Impala and then drove a new 2014 Impala - I felt the difference in a heartbeat (and that's just one model year difference). When coasters like Vortex first arrived, they were the cat's pajamas - there was nothing else like them and their popularity was over the top. Time went on, Newer coasters were built. New ideas and new technology was used. All of a sudden, people started *****ing about those beloved "classics" because they now had something to compare them with. Such is the case with Vortex. Oh, it's not buttery smooth like the day it came out of the box, but it wasn't all that silky back then either. It now is what it is and I hope is stays around for many years as a testament to coaster technology and for King's Island to have a nice variety of customized coasters in its park.

Now, if we could only keep the darn thing from sinking!

• Like 5